Author Topic: Fat Joe - "Me, Myself & I" Listening Party Review-Most indepth review available  (Read 162 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/index2.shtml

http://www.dubcnn.com/features/listeningpartys/
http://www.dubcnn.com/features/listeningpartys/fatjoe/

Fat Joe - "Me, Myself & I" Listening Party Review - October 12, 2006 By : Rud

Dubcnn's own acclaimed guest writer Conan Milne who has penned some of our most talked about articles including; Bigg Snoop Dogg: Rap Royalty? and the 2005 Wrap Up is currently in New York City, working hard to bring readers the best reviews and exclusive articles.

Today we have the full in-depth analysis of Fat Joe's album Listening Party for the new release "Me, Myself & I" due out November 14th which took place at the Virgin Cafeteria, Virgin Records NYC on Tuesday, October 3.

Dubcnn was in the building as Joe debuted the new material to an excitable crowd of journalists for this, his Virgin Records debut. Below is the link to what is effectively the most in-depth review available thus far, written by Conan Milne.

Fat Joe - "Me, Myself & I" Listening Party Review

Don't forget that Conan Milne Wants To Promote YOU! As we said earlier this month Conan is always looking for new assignments, and any labels interested in the possibility of having their music reviewed or featured on dubcnn or in another of the leading hip-hop outlets he is associated with. While in NYC he is also looking for local events, artists and opportunities to hear and showcase new music. To contact him you can email direct via Conan Milne Publications.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

everlast1986

Fat Joe needs PREMO BEATS fuck Scott Storch

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
That was a good review. Props for that.
I didn't buy his last album (downloaded it, liked only a few songs) but I think I'll buy MM&I 8)

Narrator

Fat Joe needs PREMO BEATS fuck Scott Storch

Yeah, for real...I liked his shit best when he was with D.I.T.C. and Pun.  He's just gotten more generic and played-out since then.

How he got another major-label deal is beyond me...he's already had three consecutive albums that flopped ("Loyalty", Terror Squad's "True Story", and then "All Or Nothing" last year).  Is that not proof enough that nobody gives a fuck about him anymore?  And since this year's been a slow year for hip-hop, I would've figured Virgin would be a lot more careful to sign somebody with more commercial potential.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
For real, I've never been the biggest Fat Joe fan - I only heard bits and pieces of his last albums. Having said that, I enjoyed this album for what it was, and I think a lot of other people in the room felt the same way. It's some straight East Coast hip-hop, and that's what a lot of people are looking for at the moment. As I said in the review, Joe's never going to be super-lyrical, but there are definitely some heaters on this set.

I don't know how well the album is going to do because I'm unsure about how the promotion is going so far, but I would at least recommend that skeptics check out a few tracks when this drops. "Make It Rain" is, to me, definitely one of the better singles out at the moment because it bangs so hard. That deserves to bllow up well, but we'll see what happens.

Props to Rud and DubCNN for setting me up with this gig. It was my pleasure to be there and represent for the site.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

XaNdEr

im anticipating this album...cud be dope