Author Topic: Anyone ever notice Eminem fell off around the time he started workin with 50  (Read 529 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Eminem's last great work was the Eminem Show and the 8 Mile soundtrack.  Since then he has been wack.  I know 50 offered a few tracks for the 8 Mile Soundtrack and that was his first time appearing on an album with Eminem.  So that remains their only project from Eminem's prime.  Ever since then, Eminem has seriously fallen off.  Encore was a disaster if you compare it to Eminem's previous 3 albums, and I've never thought they sounded good on any tracks together except a couple on "Get Rich Or Die Trying".

Anyone who wants proof of what I'm saying listen to "Batman and Robin" off 50's last album, or "The Re-Up" on the new Eminem compilation and you'll see that maybe 50 is partly to blame for Eminem falling off.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

westkoastanostra

no. he was dope on obie's 1st album which came out months after get rich...

Samoan Enforcer

bryan i dont think allah would approve of eminem. he better not find out about this thread :nawty:

everlast1986

Eminem Show wasn't that great either

d-nice

I don't know if he has fallen off but I think his albums were starting to have more and more of that pop feel to them. Superman, Big Weenie, dumb shit like that. It was almost a curse that Without Me had alot of success because it seemed like he looked at a song like that and decided he could throw whatever out there and people would buy it. And it worked until Encore. So with that and the Proof situation I think he his going to come back with some other shit on this next one. At least when he would do songs with 50, he would bring his A game.

wcsoldier

Em killed his verses on Get Rich and Cheers.... he began to fall off with D 12 World. On Encore, he half singing like 50 though so that can be the only 50 influence... BUT don't take 50 responsible for Em fallin off... that's pure comedy

Citizen-Y

Eminem fell off when he was getting to gangsta for his britches.  When he was the pill poppin, bitch slappin, chainsaw wielding white boy he was great.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well there was "Never Enough"...

But anyway. Em did fall off shortly after 50 came into the picture, but that doesn't have shit to do with it. He would've fell off the same regardless. When your job becomes boring to you, ain't nothing you can do.

I gotta say that it can be clearly heard on "There They Go" from Obie's record and from The Re-Up that Em can still spit. His only problem is that he's totally uninspired. He needs that hunger again if he's to make an album again (which I doubt on happening anyway). He's still cool to have as a feature, as long as he drops heat (like on "There They Go"). Anything more than a 16 from him - he better put in serious work. That, or find that Slim Shady within him again. And you KNOW Slim Shady isn't the dude who said "Fack" and burped on the mic - Slim Shady was that serial killer hiding murder material in the cereal box on top of your stereo. That dude out of his medicine, out of his mind, wanting in yours, let him in or he'll kill you.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
So now 50 is responsible for other people falling off  ::)

If anything he always brings his A game with Fifthy. Check the new track on the Re-Up

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Eminem Show wasn't that great either

TES is his best album IMO

d-nice

If anything he always brings his A game with Fifthy. Check the new track on the Re-Up

How is that Re-Up album Detox?

Diabolical

I think he fell off after SSLP.

BIG.DADDY

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • back da fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up
i think the last hot song i heard from him was the source diss.

westkoastanostra

how the fuck did Em fall off after SSLP? ...are we talking about lyric wise?even today he ain't bad...he's still got it!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

That's exactly what I'm talkin about that Re-Up track is garbage.  Eminem changed his style, he's more monotone when he raps now and
like someone said previously he's trying to sound gangsta like 50, instead of his old crazy, pill-poppin, white trash, underground emcee style.  I don't blame Eminem, I've been as big a fan of him as anybody, in fact I give him respect because Encore was really like a retirement album and him admitting that things had changed for him.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)