Author Topic: What did Dr. Dre have against 2Pac?  (Read 1808 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
What did Dr. Dre have against 2Pac?
« on: December 18, 2006, 12:50:34 PM »
Aside from the whole California Love incident and Dre growing tired of Death Row Records, Dre seemed to hate 2Pac the second he signed with the label.

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What did Dr. Dre have against 2Pac?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 12:55:10 PM »
WELL FIRST OFF DRE KNEW THAT PAC WAS GONNA SELL MORE THAN HIM, SECONDLY HE THOUGHT PAC WAS TOO GANGSTA AND RAW, SO HE HATED ON HIM EVEN THOUGH HE DID 2 SONGS WITH HIM AND ALSO 2PAC TOOK ALL OF SUGE'S ATTENTION AWAY FROM DRE SO HE WAS JEALOUS. IT'S FUNNY CAUSE NOW HE ALL OVER PAC'S DICK SAYIN HE LOVED HIM...............................................

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 01:46:23 PM »
I think Dre thought bringing Pac to Death Row would bring more violence and bad blood for the label. He knew about the whole Biggie beef and did not want to be a part of that. He could have just stood on the sidelines but he made it public. He did not mind at first for the California Love song but I used to wonder if Suge forced Dre to do that. Pac did not like the fact that Dre supposed was taking credit for beat he did not do and he would not testify in Snoop's murder trial.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 03:41:10 PM »
WELL FIRST OFF DRE KNEW THAT PAC WAS GONNA SELL MORE THAN HIM, SECONDLY HE THOUGHT PAC WAS TOO GANGSTA AND RAW, SO HE HATED ON HIM EVEN THOUGH HE DID 2 SONGS WITH HIM AND ALSO 2PAC TOOK ALL OF SUGE'S ATTENTION AWAY FROM DRE SO HE WAS JEALOUS. IT'S FUNNY CAUSE NOW HE ALL OVER PAC'S DICK SAYIN HE LOVED HIM...............................................

please, go sit in the corner. no more talking from you.

The Truth is, Dr. Dre didn't want to do gangsta rap anymore, he wanted to try new things, he had nothing against Tupac, he just didnt want to be on a label that did Gangsta Rap anymore.
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 03:43:02 PM »
Death Row wasn't big enough for two drag queens. :-*

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 04:02:55 PM »
I don't think Dre had a problem with him. Pac was just a loud mouth who talked shiet about everyone. He was the original 50 Cent.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Princess187

• Lil Geezy
  • Shorty Bkl 4700
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 04:07:44 PM »
he was prolly jus jealous  ;D

oh yea u love the drama dont u

Avalanche

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 04:08:05 PM »
I think Dre thought bringing Pac to Death Row would bring more violence and bad blood for the label. He knew about the whole Biggie beef and did not want to be a part of that. He could have just stood on the sidelines but he made it public. He did not mind at first for the California Love song but I used to wonder if Suge forced Dre to do that. Pac did not like the fact that Dre supposed was taking credit for beat he did not do and he would not testify in Snoop's murder trial.

Actually, california love is really a Dr. Dre solo single. It was gonna be the first single to his second death row album: Poppa's Got A Brand New Funk. I'm pretty sure he wasnt happy giving up his stuff.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 04:10:21 PM »

:D

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 04:26:06 PM »

The Truth is, Dr. Dre didn't want to do gangsta rap anymore, he wanted to try new things, he had nothing against Tupac, he just didnt want to be on a label that did Gangsta Rap anymore.

WTF do you calll most of his music after that?  Now you must go join him in that corner.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 05:08:04 PM »

Actually, california love is really a Dr. Dre solo single. It was gonna be the first single to his second death row album: Poppa's Got A Brand New Funk. I'm pretty sure he wasnt happy giving up his stuff.

Yeah that was part of it...I heard Suge did MAKE Dre give it to Pac. Also...I remember hearin that Cube was supposed to have a verse on Dre's original version of it. That woulda been amazing if Cube coulda got on the Pac n Dre one tho....cot damn!!!!!

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 06:15:45 PM »
Dre had nothing against Pac.

His reasons for leaving

1.  Suge taking songs away from him.  ie, Cali Love, Can't C Me
2.  Suge wanting Dre to do MC Hammers album.
3.  Helter Skelter and Chronic 2: Papa's Got a Brand New Funk cancelled.
4.  Too much violence and recklessness around the studio.  ie, engineer getting beat down for rewinding the tape too far back, masters being lost or destroyed..
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 06:27:22 PM »
Actually..

Dre was one of the reasons that 2pac went to Death Row.. Don't get it twisted, Suge Knight did not put the money up to bail 2pac. It's just an exaggerated lie to make the bond closer.

Dre left Death Row because he doesn't like having too many people on his label. When you got people like Edi Ameng walking into the Death Row studios and walking in on Dre's sessions and saying "hey, i just signed with DR, can you produce my song next week" it frustrated him. Suge Knight didn't allow people to have their sub-labels (like Shady, G-Unit etc) so ALL the artists expected Dre to work on their album..

But according to Interscope and 2pac's family, 2pac was about to leave Death Row and rejoin Interscope and possibly be on Aftermath, similar to 50s deal. That is why all the recent 2pac material is on interscope and why they have so much control on his music.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 06:33:17 PM »
I remeber hearing Pac say that Dre is a fucking lazy (perfectionist) Bastard and the that Pac wanted to do song after song but it didnt go well with dre.Also that Dre did want to try different stuff and get more money cuz Suge was fucking him over.Lastly Dre was tired of all the Gang shit going on in Death Row.Im pretty sure it was nothing about Pac just the fact that Pac was rushing Dre to do Beats for him.I think Dre gets to much credit for Pac and Snoop.

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 06:39:45 PM »

WTF do you calll most of his music after that?  Now you must go join him in that corner.

Dre only went back to the gangsta shit after that first Aftermath album bombed.