Author Topic: albums that are classic if "the blueprint" is.....  (Read 624 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re: albums that are classic if "the blueprint" is.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2001, 07:02:27 PM »

^^^Yuuup.

Yo but Jake is right............I mean if Source's dumbass gives Blueprint a 5, then in their "oppinion", Blueprint is better tha The Chronic, Doggystyle, Dre 2001, Marshall Mathers, E.1999 Eternal etc. etc.   because they didn't give any of those a 5, Sheeeeet In my oppinion they shouldn't even be entitled 2 dat "oppinion". Man I think there's some fuckin shit goin on beind tha scenes, They're alwayz much Too generous on East Coast albums............

I thought the Blueprint is a VERY hot album, and im quite critical of Jiggas work usually. I think its worthy of 5 mics, though I personally give 4.75 mics. Obviously, it doesnt touch albums like E.1999 Eternal, The Chronic, or Doggystyle, but its still a hot album nonetheless....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Big BpG

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2001, 07:11:29 PM »
Blueprint is not a classic to me... it was good, but when i listened to it I didn't blow my mind up thinking... wow this is groundbreaking, and I know no one here did either... it's a good album, but not groundbreaking...

When I heard 2001 i went   :o

When I heard Blueprint I went  :-*

I can't wait to see Warren G get 5 mics... the source will give it a 4... just watch....

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2001, 07:15:25 PM »
The Blueprint has a lot of classic, quote worthy, rewindable lyrics on it...so this whole "weak lyrics" approach I refuse to buy.  You have a much better angle with your "sampling" theory because bashing on Jigga's lyrics is just gonna blow up in your face.

Big FC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im really fucking random.. and too swift on my toes to get caught up with you hoes..
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2001, 09:11:59 PM »
i guess i just don't feel jigga or maybe i'm not a big enough east coast fan but i got bored with the cd really fast.. i liked it at first, thought it was pretty dope.. but a week or two later it left me feeling dissapointed and bored.. kinda like the d-12 cd actually..
I ain't a killer but don't push me, revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy - Makaveli, RIP
And when we making n*gga shit always makin a killin, i be hearin you bitches there go the villain.. - MC Ren

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2001, 09:29:45 PM »
OK, the third verse of The Takeover, which was a diss to Nas, a very good lyrist, was basically a sample of fame, and talked his way throw the song, basically repeating shit that's been heard, and not really being a lyrist, but more of a talker. I've heard Jay-Z the lyrist, and his one hot muthaphukka, I don't question that at all, but this was not Jay-Z the hungery lyrist, more like LL Cool J when he tried to prove his greatness, but feel short. He mentioned how good he was, but did nothing to back it up. I think if he actually proved his skills, then it's easily the album of the year, 'cause producion was tight. Oh well, I guess we have to wait until Rakim comes out to get another 5 mics, 'cause those things come out once ever like 3 years.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2001, 10:58:01 PM »

The Source has alwayz been very poor at recognizing classic material. They've only given 5 mics to like 10 albums, but there are probably about 40-50 albums, maybe more, that deserve it.....
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Hittman

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2001, 12:17:00 AM »
Doggystyle Didnt Get 5 Mics?? WTF Is Up With That??

infinite59

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2001, 12:57:54 AM »
If the Blueprint is a classic then alot of No Limit albums back in the day were classics.

Nino_Brown

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2001, 01:03:27 AM »
well considering 80% of u lot havent seen ur 14th birthday, i have to agree with THE SOURCE.

u r all fans that get off at the site of snoop, is it really worth querying the source? lol

The Blueprint - Classic!

infinite59

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2001, 01:25:35 AM »

well considering 80% of u lot havent seen ur 14th birthday, i have to agree with THE SOURCE.

u r all fans that get off at the site of snoop, is it really worth querying the source? lol

The Blueprint - Classic!

I'm 19, and your post was bullshit.  Don't believe the hype, Jay-Z is average.  Def Jam made him a star.

TheSheriff

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2001, 01:50:07 AM »
More or less the only Jay-Z songs I've liked since Reasonable Doubt were Big Pimpin'(GOD DAYUM!)and Hard Knock Life(I liked it, oh well, LoL...).

Nino, I think you like Jigga a bit TOO much.  ::)

Blueprint=Classic? Dogshit=Smells good? Cali Love=Wack?

The same amount of truth.

Fredro Starr-Firestarr

Canibus-Can-I-Bus

Dr Dre Presents-Turn Off The Lights and The Aftermath

All better than Blueprint.

Goddamn, Nastradamus and Blueprint are equal.

And, by the way...Welcome to Death Row...HAHAHAHA...I love The Chronic...

Owen

P.S. Too Gangsta For Radio and R U Still Down asswhup Blueprint!

Nino_Brown

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2001, 02:04:50 AM »
and your post was bullshit.  

ok from now on ill read your info, 'the source' isnt accurate

Nino, I think you like Jigga a bit TOO much.  

i think jigga is best MC ever homie. Nastradamous had a few good tracks, but i thought it was weak for nas standards

TheSheriff

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2001, 02:08:33 AM »
^^^Aight dawg, all opinions.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2001, 04:07:04 AM »
some of the albumz that jake mentioned iz classicz without no relation to this "if blueprint iz...".......but sayin tha blueprint shity either iz ignorant...or..some pipz need ear checkz....

no dissin....jus" whaz seemz tha most logical to me....

p.s the blueprint realy iz a classic.....
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2001, 04:44:35 AM »
beats-....then again maybe not the production on this album was anything but solid, the only tracks with good or semi good beats were girls girls girls, hola hovito, song cry, and u don't know, every thing else becomes novelty and is VERY overlooped and mixed like shit

first off...Hola Hovito and song cry and girls girls girls arent the best beats on the album...The girls girls girls remix is the best beat on the whole album(produced by kane west), the takeover and never change they are the 3 best on the album by far...the OG version of girls girls girls is weak and lame..the remix has OOMPH in it..plus the sample master mr west laces the beat too...It IS a classic and shud get 5 mics...Space Boogie was average...The only good songs were hardest muthafuckaz and cant go wrong...Jigga is 1 of the best lyricists of all time...period.

Oh yeh and jake his lyrics were hotter than Kurupts by a long shot...For instance when jigga tore nas apart with "thats a 1 hott album every ten year average" that was a complete rip..

His lyrics are fire at the moment and so is his album...if u think that space boogie was a better album then u are sadly mistaken..and if u think this album doesnt deserve 5 mics u r very mistaken..no offense just my view

to all y'all

the blueprint IS a classic it SHUD get album of the year in the source, and jigga IS on top of his game..even after saying he's gonna retire 3 times..he is gettin a bit annoying as of lately..cos he is everywhere but he's hottt rite now so why shudnt he be

peace
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life