Author Topic: albums that are classic if "the blueprint" is.....  (Read 625 times)

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: albums that are classic if "the blueprint" is.
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2001, 05:29:11 AM »
Other albums of worthy Classic mentions are...

Tash - RapLife
Bizzy - The Gift
Krayzie - Thug Mentality 99
The Liks - Coast to Coast
The Liks - Likwidation

;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2001, 01:09:54 PM »
nigga you a (flaaaaame)
you's the fag model for Karl Kani Esco ads
Went from Nasty Nas To Escos Trash

ok how the fuck did that rhyme that just sounds like talking....i could've wrote ^ on this message board without trying to rap it

Had a spark when ya started
But now your're just garbage

that semi rhymes....but not that well...

you fell from to 10, to not mentioned at all
till your bodyguard's "oochie wally verse is better than yours

how "all" and "yours" rhymes i'll never know.... ::)

Matter of fact, you had the worst flow on the whole fucking song
but i know, the sun don't shine
if the son don't shine

???.....he's going to say nas had a weak line when he's going to write this?!

that's why your (laaaaame)
career has come to an end
it's only so long fake thugs can pretend

ok he FINALLY rhymes!! but the verse isn't nothing all that special, i mean i've heard ja rule and mase come up with shit like this

Nigga you ain't live it
you witnessed it from your folks' pad
scribbled in your notepad
and created your life

pad/pad.....it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to come up with that....the he fucking put out another line after that, that doesn't even fucking rhyme with anything, king of new york my ass!

i showed your firest teck
on tour with large professor
then i heard your album
bout your teck on the dresser

wow, the first good line  :o

oh yeah i sampled your voice
you was using it wrong
you made it a hot line i made it a hot song

ok, 2

and you ain't get a coin, nigga
you was gettin fucked then
i know who i paid, god,
Serchlight Publishing

this line only sounds good on paper, not when he raps it

use your (braiiiiin)
you said, "been in this 10"
i been in it five
smarten up, nas, four albums in 10 years
nigga, i can divide
that's one every, ummmm lets say 2
2 of the shits was doo

wow i didn't know talking was considered rapping!....wow look he rhymed doo with two....gee wilickers that's hot! (sarcasm)

one was ehhh, the other was illmatic
that's a one hot album every 10 years average

this was a pretty good line....but too bad the theres no truth behind it and the same diss can be said himself

and that's so (laaaaaame)
nigga, switch up your flow your shit's garbage
what you tryin' to kick knowledge?you niggas gonna learn to respect the king
don't be the next contestant on that summer jam screen

this line was pretty good too, but nothing  :o

seriously people , if these words were to roll off the tounges of dmx , ja rule, benzino or fred durst for that matter, none of y'all would be this estatic over this album, it's becuase of whose saying it.....

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2001, 01:12:48 PM »
I have to disagree with almost all the opinions.  The Blueprint is worthy of 5 mic status.  I love this sight, but this is the only sight were I see people fronting on this album like this.  Jay-Z put together the classic album everyone knew he could do again he only got a 3.5 for his first album, which was a 5 mic as well IMO.  Besides, the Source aplogized for not givin 5 mic ratings to AEOM, DoggyStyle, 2001, Makaveli, Ready to Die, and The Chronic.  I agree with the Source on this one. The Blueprint is a classic in every sense of the word.  If you don't take their word for it, I'll give you a review wrote by a guy named Jay Seagraves.  He's the best reviewer I've ever seen and he's really repsected by the online Hip-Hop community.  He doesn't give it 5, but he has the best review of it.  Please peep.

http://hiphopinfinity.com/Albums/JayZ_01.htm

infinite59

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2001, 01:48:22 PM »
BigJakeDoggyDogg-  Great post homie... good work.. Jay-Z is a monotone, he just talks, he doesn't rap, and that's even one of his best versus.....

Compare that to this

Slim Shady/
Brain Dead like Jan Brady/
I'm an M-80/
You little like that Kim Lady/
I'm Buzzin, Dirty Dozen, naughty rotten rhymer/
cursin at you players worse than Marty Shottenhiemer/

Shady rhymes with Brain dead and Jan Brady, M-80, 'little' rhymes with Kim, Lady rhymes with Shady, M-80, Brain Dead, Buzzin, Dozen, rotten, cursin, worse then, Shotten..all rhyme, and then Rhymer and hiemer.... this is why Em tore up Jay on Renegades.

RivieraIII

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2001, 02:03:05 PM »
Whoeva started this thread gets props from me coz it's one of the 1st time I see everyone saying intelligent stuff (with NO beef) at the same time...

Now, I was the first to review The Blueprint on this forum. Initially, I gave it a 3.75/5 rating but I finally settled for a 4/5. I would understand that it gets 4.5 mics from The Source because it's an excellent record but if they wanna give it a 5, it's fine with me as long as they admit that their standards dropped a little (like someone said before). Shit, it's crazy, but I listened to EVERY Jigga album today, one after another and in order, and I was about to post a thread about Jigga having a whole lot of classic records, ON EVERY SINGLE LP... Still, if BLUEPRINT is classic, there are no excuses at all for coming short on 2001, Chronic, Doggystyle, 36 Chambers, The Diary, The Score, Reflection Eternal, Bow Down and a few others (I have to admit that The Source did apologize for some of their mistakes, especially Chronic and 2001; Dre did get a special  mics Award...). But it's their opinion and I also believed they wanted to celebrate Jigga's otherwise UNBELIEVABLE consistency over 6 (SIX!!!!!!) albums. Check them one after another one day: you'll be SURPRISED...
PS: And yeah, BLUEPRINT is NOT Jigga's BEST lyrical show (even though it's boiling hot)... Of course he comes out tight on the joint but "a lot of rewind material" on Blueprint??? I found more things to rewind on Dynasty, fo' real!

RivieraIII

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2001, 02:15:47 PM »

Jay-Z put together the classic album everyone knew he could do again he only got a 3.5 for his first album, which was a 5 mic as well IMO.  
http://hiphopinfinity.com/Albums/JayZ_01.htm

REASONABLE DOUBT (rightfully) got a 4 mics rating homie. I STILL got a copy of that particular Source. That was the one with NAS on the cover in 1996. "RD" got 4 mics just like "It Was Written" in the very same edition. NAS was the feature review and RD came right after it...
Now everyone (including The Source) is trying to act like "It Was Written" received 2 mics. Shit, it was an excellent record. I love Jigga, he's a prime time lyricist and one of the GOATs but I don't see in what way "Blueprint" is better than "It Was Written" (or "I Am" for that matter...) coz it would mean than it's better than "RD" which is NOT the case. Only my point of view...

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2001, 02:24:24 AM »
I got 4?  Damn, my F up.  

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2001, 05:35:36 AM »
i could quote some o tha best rappaz (yea...it includes jigga) and bash some of their tight rhymes....as jake did to some of jiggaz rhymes on take over...and say that tha real highlights iz rare succsesses

p.s...only that if you quote and critisize.....it doesnt change tha quallity of tha shit dude......hell... but that shit dat pisses me iz dat some of tha pipz dat diss jigga iz feelin very comfy on snoopz dick.....whom jig ripz easily....
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2001, 05:49:06 AM »
i just hate how average of a diss track is but every one on the eastcoast swears to god it's one of the best diss tracks ever.....please callin' out names was hell of alot better than this cut and that's all they did was critisize it....and calling out names was pretty average too! god!

and i don't see what's so special about jay-z he's only as good as snoop lately nothing that special, the only thing that seperates snoop from jay-z is that jay-z's best is Reasonable Doubt and Snoop's best is Doggystyle......nuff said!

Big BpG

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2001, 06:03:14 AM »
Aiight once again this is how i see it. Remember when I went on a rampage about how Tha Eastsidaz CD was classic? Everyone was telling me

"Don't Judge The Album on It's First Listen... It takes time before you can call it classic, come back two years later and then says its classic"

Well now, I see that Dueces N Trayz is not a classic... however most of you people who were screaming at me about this are now saying Jay-Z's blueprint is a classic. Well no shame, but come back in two years and then say its classic because I think in two years we will realize that this album is not a classic. I listened to it for two weeks before stacking it up on my shelf. I only hear songs off the album if they are on the radio. The album is completely played out with me.  To me a classic album does not do that. Every album that has been considered classic, is an album you can listen to over and over again because no matter how much time has passed, it always sounds fresh and new. Blueprint to me sounded like very 70's to me. There was no unique sound there so I'm going to says, This album is a great album, this album is hot, this album definetly has heat, but this album is not a classic. Give it time, I think we will see it slowly lose it's hype, right now that's all this is, is hype. The truth will shine. It's not a classic CD and that is the truth.

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

TheSheriff

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2001, 06:42:43 AM »
^^^Word.

Goddamn, JayHoYa and his manky voice...

Gimme a little Predator, and I'm happy.

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2001, 06:49:07 AM »
seriously people , if these words were to roll off the tounges of dmx , ja rule, benzino or fred durst for that matter, none of y'all would be this estatic over this album, it's becuase of whose saying it..... >>>

What you forget is this is not poetry.  It doesnt matter how it comes off when you read it--when you hear it it sounds dope and Jay-Z is just spittin game--and doing it damned well.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2001, 06:51:32 AM »

Aiight once again this is how i see it. Remember when I went on a rampage about how Tha Eastsidaz CD was classic? Everyone was telling me

"Don't Judge The Album on It's First Listen... It takes time before you can call it classic, come back two years later and then says its classic"

Well now, I see that Dueces N Trayz is not a classic... however most of you people who were screaming at me about this are now saying Jay-Z's blueprint is a classic. Well no shame, but come back in two years and then say its classic because I think in two years we will realize that this album is not a classic. I listened to it for two weeks before stacking it up on my shelf. I only hear songs off the album if they are on the radio. The album is completely played out with me.  To me a classic album does not do that. Every album that has been considered classic, is an album you can listen to over and over again because no matter how much time has passed, it always sounds fresh and new. Blueprint to me sounded like very 70's to me. There was no unique sound there so I'm going to says, This album is a great album, this album is hot, this album definetly has heat, but this album is not a classic. Give it time, I think we will see it slowly lose it's hype, right now that's all this is, is hype. The truth will shine. It's not a classic CD and that is the truth.

-Big BpG

well put!

even most people on sohh.com don't listen to it no more from what i've seen and they're the jay-z dick rider capitol,lol

like i said this albums deserves 4 mics but not a 5 mic rating

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2001, 06:52:19 AM »
The truth will shine. It's not a classic CD and that is the truth.
>>

No offense, BPG, but who in the fuck do you think you are?  Just because you don't find the CD classic doesnt mean its the truth, dogg.  A lot of people like it the album a lot--and in there minds its a classic and thats all that matters.  The album is not a classic to you, but that doesnt mean that somebody is wrong if it's a classic to them.  And thats on the real...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2001, 06:58:10 AM »

seriously people , if these words were to roll off the tounges of dmx , ja rule, benzino or fred durst for that matter, none of y'all would be this estatic over this album, it's becuase of whose saying it..... >>>

What you forget is this is not poetry.  It doesnt matter how it comes off when you read it--when you hear it it sounds dope and Jay-Z is just spittin game--and doing it damned well.

you missed the point homie if fabalous (who sounds IDENTICAL) to jay-z rapped those same lyrics people wouldn't be paying him even half the attention....it's all hype/imagrey/and media ploy

even in that article last dragon posted the reviewer said jay-z said he was the best enough times (without even backing it up) that people just started agreeing, so all of jay-z's business assosiates at def jam say he's the best so many times that the masses are just saying "ok i guess so" and going with it, same with dmx you know what i'm saying?