Author Topic: albums that are classic if "the blueprint" is.....  (Read 620 times)

TheSheriff

Re: albums that are classic if "the blueprint" is.
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2001, 07:04:13 AM »
Shit, NSync sold 20 million records.

Musically, are they the best set of artists ever?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2001, 10:37:47 AM »
The way I see it is like this.

A lot of EastCoast sites say it's classic

A lot of Sight's were the majotity is the Underground and Backpackers have vast majorities where they say it's classic.

Westcoast sights seem to be split down the middle on the debate.

I say, in a few years heads will be talking about the BluePrint the same way they talk about Illmnatic.  Some will front now, but this album is a classic in every sense of the word.  If not, the the Source should make a 4.75 mic rating to quiet the heads that still want to front on this album.  Jay has delivered the first classic album of the century.  There'll always be people that front on it.  There are few people I know that front on Illmatic and AEOM.  But, Jay has given an album that is very soulful, lyrically perfect, and straight from heart.  Jay has pushed himself to the level of the elites with this album plian and simple.   :) ;) :D ;D 8)

TheSheriff

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2001, 10:41:46 AM »
So, we HAVE to like it?

And, personally, I think Firestarr, and then Black Trash, were the first classics of the year.

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2001, 11:03:14 AM »
I'm not saying you have to like it.  I'm saying I disagree with a lot of the opinions here.

TheSheriff

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2001, 11:10:25 AM »
Opinions aren't right or wrong. So you can't disagree with them, per se; You can say that you don't share 'em, but not that you disagree, thus making it a case of right and wrong.

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2001, 01:52:34 PM »
Okay here's what I have to say.
I agree the blueprint isn't classic. It's atleast a 4.5 though. Half or more than half of the albums you mentioned weren't classic. I think alot of you peeps are sleeping on this album. Besides Reasonable doubt this is jay at his best.

There is no way there should have been 40 or 50 classic albums to get 5 mics. If this was so then the 5 mics status doesn't mean anything. The problem is some people on this board are too quick to say something is a classic. (Dueces & Trays Classic? PLEASE)

And Jake made a good point about the standards of hip hop going down.

Whoever said Fredro Starr-Firestarr, Canibus-Can-I-Bus, and
Dr Dre Presents-Turn Off The Lights and The Aftermath are better then the Blueprint is a dickhead and has lost ALLLLLLLL credibility in my eyez.

Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2001, 03:57:54 AM »
shit....i cant believe pipz wouild put jigga on tha same level they put dmx.....
i mean...to me itz obvious.....he iz great...i cant believe pipz don notice hiz greatness...it haz nothin to do wit him convincin tha massses and from hiz great confidence the masses agree htat he tha g.o.a.t(of many rappaz he iz one whose braggin iz really suppoted by hiz enormous skillz.....unlike many... dat brag and have nothin to support their words).....there iz tones of rappaz that iz caimin they da best wit even mo" confidence...and i don agree wit them...
imo...jigga iz one of tha most sharp, piquant , charismatic  and vocally skillfull in tha game....i don know why pipz don see that....pipz iz sayin he iz monotone...this iz straight bull...
tha same pipz would prob"lly say BIGGIE waz monotnous too....jigga got a paticullar vocal style....and i ever thought that one might consider it monotonous.....when rappa"z deliv
iz monotonous....you can hear it....take warren g as a rappa fo example....puffy.....dre....
jigga iz far from that...

We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2001, 12:18:03 PM »
for christ sake..in 3 years or so when your puffin on a blunt some place and you find the blueprint in the bottom of your collection..take Dogg Pound 2046 out and stick it in..listen to it..im damn sure i will...i dont see why most of you think he's over rated and gets alot of media attention..why?... cos he's good..

i know most of you are west coast fanatics but dont hate on him..

oh yeh and none of y'all should sleep on the new erick sermon lp..its straite dope

peace
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life