Author Topic: All Wii's Sold - NO PS3's sold...UPDATE  (Read 522 times)

jeromechickenbone

All Wii's Sold - NO PS3's sold...UPDATE
« on: January 04, 2007, 08:05:30 PM »
and they're all going to ebay.  I went to walmart at lunch today with one of my coworkers cuz he wanted a wii and i was gonna get that 1 gb ipod.  Turns out, they had just received a shipment of 360s, 8 Wiis, and 2 PS3's.  So my homie bought a wii for himself, bought 4 Wii's and a PS3, and I bought the remaining Wii's and other PS3, lol.

I asked if there was a limit per person, dude called his manager and said no.  So we said fuck it.  I think we'll probably net at least $100 profit on each system, with the Wii's having some potential for more.  The PS3's I don't think are fetching so much, but we're gonna see what we can get. 

Here's the links to the Wii's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170067482324&rd=1&rd=1

PS3 Link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170067484458&rd=1&rd=1
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 06:54:06 PM by Jrome Is The Truth »

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
Re: Bought 3 Wii's and 1 PS3 at Wal-Mart today...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »
good shit, how much you want for the Wii?  my girl likes it.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Comet

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 03:24:51 AM »

and they're all going to ebay.  I went to walmart at lunch today with one of my coworkers cuz he wanted a wii and i was gonna get that 1 gb ipod.  Turns out, they had just received a shipment of 360s, 8 Wiis, and 2 PS3's.  So my homie bought a wii for himself, bought 4 Wii's and a PS3, and I bought the remaining Wii's and other PS3, lol.

I asked if there was a limit per person, dude called his manager and said no.  So we said fuck it.  I think we'll probably net at least $100 profit on each system, with the Wii's having some potential for more.  The PS3's I don't think are fetching so much, but we're gonna see what we can get. 

shaydee

• 'G'
  • Witchdoctor new album OUT NOW!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 07:31:26 AM »
Link us to the Ebay store please. Thank ya.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 10:00:06 AM »
I will post up the link as soon as I get back from work.  Can't access ebay right now.

$400.  If you're serious and wanna do it outside of ebay let me know.

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 10:20:21 AM »

stagger the wii auctions so they're not comping each other out ;)

let us know how much you make from each system

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 10:46:41 AM »

stagger the wii auctions so they're not comping each other out ;)

let us know how much you make from each system

Word.  We're going at a "buy it now" initially, so that shouldn't be an issue.  If we feel like we can get more then what we're asking then we'll take actual bids and stagger the timeframe in which we make them available. 

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 12:40:10 PM »
also try craigslist... i sold an extra wii on craigslist for 400 bucks... and there is no fees or bullshit from ebay or paypal... although u do have to meet the person to sell it....

i dont know how much they are selling for now but its worth a shot i sold mine on x-mas eve...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 03:46:31 PM »
also try craigslist... i sold an extra wii on craigslist for 400 bucks... and there is no fees or bullshit from ebay or paypal... although u do have to meet the person to sell it....

i dont know how much they are selling for now but its worth a shot i sold mine on x-mas eve...

Props for that.  I'll check it out

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
Re: Bought 3 Wii's and 1 PS3 at Wal-Mart today **UPDATED W/ EBAY LINKS**
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 07:05:30 PM »
400?  have you should any?  if you can give me the listing

lol nvm found 'em
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »
Gotta say, man, I don't think it's enough cash for me to fuck with it at the prices you'll get.  If you make 100 bucks on the ps3, you've still got to worry about the asshole who buys it reversing the charges on paypal (which is pretty easy to do and shit people out of money), same deal with the Wii's.  I'd probably put an ad in the local paper if I was going to do it that way, so once you had their cash in hand it'd be so sorry no refunds.  I mean to me investing 600 bucks to make 700 back in two weeks or so isn't a good investment if there's a chance you might lose the whole thing.  I think the only deal I would have invested in would be if I could have gotten one in the first week or two of the launch.  The wii's are a little safer because not as much is tied up in them, but again the payoff isn't all that great.  Good luck, though, nice grab on those!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 05:22:45 PM »
Well, we've now sold 3 and all have been Wii's, lol.  Also, every one we've sold has been to a buyer in Cali.  One cat bought 2 of them last night.  There must be some major demand out there.  No bites on the PS3s though - those might be going back to wal-mart.  Total profit right now is approximately $334.

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 04:36:03 AM »
lol @ ur ebay name....."BLACK PISS"

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 05:08:02 PM »
Sold another Wii today.  3 left.  PS3's will likely be returned this weekend, lol.  I'm not gonna put the money up to relist after they expire.  I don't think I could sell them and break even after shipping & fees, lol.

If nothing else, this is very telling in my opinion.  Per my own experience, stores in the states get pretty much 5 : 1 Wiis vs. PS3.  Obviously the price tag is a major advantage, but I can't believe that the PS3's aren't going for a premium online anymore. 

jeromechickenbone

Re: All Wii's Sold - NO PS3's sold...UPDATE
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 06:56:58 PM »
Well, here we are.  A week after putting them online, all 7 Wii's sold for over $100 profit per system.  PS3's did not budge, we weren't able to turn a profit so we quit wasting our time / money and took them off and returned them.

Nice little hustle.  I'll be looking for more Wiis in the immediate future, but supply has definitely been increasing.