Author Topic: COLTS  (Read 885 times)

swangin and bangin

COLTS
« on: January 06, 2007, 07:36:46 PM »
colts smashed the chiefs, i mean the chiefs.
so whats up wit the colts VS ravens. who gona come out on top.

t.c.o.p.

• 'G'
Re: COLTS
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 08:36:53 PM »
it should be a good game if the colts d can play like they did today, but then again, it was easier to prepare for the chiefs than it will be for the ravens..the ravens just have too good of a d and the fact that they can also get it done on offense makes them the choice to win...
- kemp>mj

Sparegeez

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 08:38:21 PM »
lol at the people that said I'm a moron for thinking Indy was gonna kill KC today.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 10:16:03 PM »
i say the ravens will fucking destroy the Colts very easily.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 11:39:20 AM »
lol at the people that said I'm a moron for thinking Indy was gonna kill KC today.

If you looked at all the factors before the game, you wouldnt have thought that  ;D
But nice call anyways, but this game was the COMPLETE opposite then both teams have played all year..Crazy Game. The Chiefs offense looked scared..The defense was on the field ALL Day but played well nonetheless. LOL@ Peyton Manning..Guys a joke in the playoffs i dont care if he completed 25 passes, he threw 3 pics that were AWFUL. Poor Decisions. The Defense bailed him out, for probably the first time ever in a big game. If he does this shit next week they will get ran the fuck outta there. Why does peyton have mulitple INT games almost ALWAYS in the playoffs, yet NEVER has multiple INT games in the reg season? Cuz its in his head. Hes not a winner, and he gets shook in big games. LOL@ anyone saying Manning is better then Brady, GIVE ME A FUCKIN BREAK...

The Best of 3 Worlds

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 02:46:11 PM »
he completed 30 passes not 25. And don't act like he hasn't had great games i nthe playoffs either. After the 3rd int he did not throw one incomplete pass the rest of the game, so whatever he was doing wrong he realized it and fixed it. Colts won and thats all that matters.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 03:29:52 PM »

If you looked at all the factors before the game, you wouldnt have thought that  ;D
But nice call anyways, but this game was the COMPLETE opposite then both teams have played all year..Crazy Game. The Chiefs offense looked scared..The defense was on the field ALL Day but played well nonetheless. LOL@ Peyton Manning..Guys a joke in the playoffs i dont care if he completed 25 passes, he threw 3 pics that were AWFUL. Poor Decisions. The Defense bailed him out, for probably the first time ever in a big game. If he does this shit next week they will get ran the fuck outta there. Why does peyton have mulitple INT games almost ALWAYS in the playoffs, yet NEVER has multiple INT games in the reg season? Cuz its in his head. Hes not a winner, and he gets shook in big games. LOL@ anyone saying Manning is better then Brady, GIVE ME A FUCKIN BREAK...

The second INT was a poor decision, the first and third were either blown routes or too much faith in Harrison. The first one Harrison faked outside then went in and Manning bought the fake I guess. The third INT Manning saw the drop back to the inside and knew that there was only an open play to the outside. I guess Harrison didn't see that, or thought Manning would risk throwing over the defense, and went inside. In both cases the ball would have been on target if Harrison moved out instead of in. When a QB and WR play together for so long they get a feel for each other. In this case each guy they felt wrong a couple of times. But in both cases Manning made the right move to the outside because that was the more playable throw and catch. If he threw it inside to Harrison the third INT probably would have been intercepted anyway by the guy that dropped back and the first would have been batted down or in the air. With a lesser receiver Manning may not have made those throws. But with the great Marvin Harrison he put faith in his number 1 guy. And while everyone notices that Manning drops down a notch in the big games no one notices that Harrison drops down as well. Instead we get Manning is choking again and Ty Law praise. Law didn't even have to move to the ball it was thrown right to him twice. Forget Payton under pressure, I wouldn't have made those throws, and I suck. Of course if I thought my golden WR would move that way then I would have. People should study these two guys more and you'll notice that Manning and Harrison make plays like that successfully. In this case it was a mis-read. Manning could have taken a better look at Harrison to know he wasn't going to go outside and Harrison could have looked at the D to realize he had no catch inside. That being said, the second INT was a complete mess and all Manning's fault.

Of course I still think think the Ravens will win, even though I want the Colts. Hope I'm wrong. Harrison doesn't have many years left and he deserves a ring and I don't want Manning to go down like Marino did. (Of course Manning isn't an athletic QB so unless he has a big injury he'll play until he's 40 if he doesn't win and by that time he'll end up leaving to go to a super Defense team and win the Tom Brady way; let the Defense and the O-Line win the games but get the glory, and the perfume commercials.)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 08:49:10 PM »

The second INT was a poor decision, the first and third were either blown routes or too much faith in Harrison. The first one Harrison faked outside then went in and Manning bought the fake I guess. The third INT Manning saw the drop back to the inside and knew that there was only an open play to the outside. I guess Harrison didn't see that, or thought Manning would risk throwing over the defense, and went inside. In both cases the ball would have been on target if Harrison moved out instead of in. When a QB and WR play together for so long they get a feel for each other. In this case each guy they felt wrong a couple of times. But in both cases Manning made the right move to the outside because that was the more playable throw and catch. If he threw it inside to Harrison the third INT probably would have been intercepted anyway by the guy that dropped back and the first would have been batted down or in the air. With a lesser receiver Manning may not have made those throws. But with the great Marvin Harrison he put faith in his number 1 guy. And while everyone notices that Manning drops down a notch in the big games no one notices that Harrison drops down as well. Instead we get Manning is choking again and Ty Law praise. Law didn't even have to move to the ball it was thrown right to him twice. Forget Payton under pressure, I wouldn't have made those throws, and I suck. Of course if I thought my golden WR would move that way then I would have. People should study these two guys more and you'll notice that Manning and Harrison make plays like that successfully. In this case it was a mis-read. Manning could have taken a better look at Harrison to know he wasn't going to go outside and Harrison could have looked at the D to realize he had no catch inside. That being said, the second INT was a complete mess and all Manning's fault.

Of course I still think think the Ravens will win, even though I want the Colts. Hope I'm wrong. Harrison doesn't have many years left and he deserves a ring and I don't want Manning to go down like Marino did. (Of course Manning isn't an athletic QB so unless he has a big injury he'll play until he's 40 if he doesn't win and by that time he'll end up leaving to go to a super Defense team and win the Tom Brady way; let the Defense and the O-Line win the games but get the glory, and the perfume commercials.)

You make good points, however you can analyze Peyton's int's all day long, but neway you slice it HE ALWAYS Throws multiple INTS in the playoffs, When that type of shit happens its a mental thing. I saw how Him and Marvin messed up a few times yeah, but hes still throwing ints like he always does, and nobody can deny that. Some of it is in his head. Anybody that cant see that needs to get off Peytons nuts, and stop making excuses for him...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 08:16:26 AM »

You make good points, however you can analyze Peyton's int's all day long, but neway you slice it HE ALWAYS Throws multiple INTS in the playoffs, When that type of shit happens its a mental thing. I saw how Him and Marvin messed up a few times yeah, but hes still throwing ints like he always does, and nobody can deny that. Some of it is in his head. Anybody that cant see that needs to get off Peytons nuts, and stop making excuses for him...

He's only thrown multiple INTs in 3 of his 10 playoff starts and only lost twice so far with multiple INT games. I don't need to be on his nuts to see the stats. The fact remains that when Manning "slumps" in the playoffs his numbers are still slightly better than Brady's when Brady "excels" in the playoffs. Yet because Brady has that solid D and solid line to move the ball he always gets the praise. Indy is an offensive team so right away it's going to be harder to win as a QB because you don't have a strong D to win the game (usually, they did great against KC). If Peyton Manning had moved to Baltimore in 2000, NE in 2001, Tampa in 2002, and NE again in 2003 and 2004, he'd be a 5 years in a row champion and they'd have won pretty easily each Superbowl Game. The point of this is that those teams would have won anyway like they did win, but Manning would have gotten this false praise as Mr. Superbowl. His numbers in the playoffs are still great numbers no matter how you slice it. The problem is that his numbers in the season are on pace to break every record that exists so people hold him to such a high regard that when he drops from amazing to great they think he sucks.

I know Brady is good under pressure and I won't deny that, but everyone knows the majority of his passes are much safer with quick outs to open receivers and screen passes dominating his repertoire. He can still throw the great pass when he does, but if he threw as many risky passes down field as Manning he'd have at least as many INTs. Manning can't play the quick out to the side open man or the screen pass because 1) he doesn't have the O-line to force blitzes and pick them up leaving a guy open with time to throw and block like animals to give the screen more yards. He also doesn't have the Defense to fall back on that will create huge turnovers and score defensive TDs.

In the end, my point is that no QB in the league, not Brady, not McNabb, not Vick, not Favre, would have taken the Colts in any given year to the Superbowl. Last year the Steelers rushed the line so well no one would have found time to make plays. The year before that the Pats D wouldn't let up a play downfield or let anyone get anywhere. The year before that his WRs were getting thrown around by NE and getting no calls. People brag about the 4 INTs but forget about how manhandled the receivers were getting to make those INTs possible. Two years before that the Jets scored 41 points. Two years before that Miami was the number 3 Defense and they still got 17 points which a better Manning still could have won, but beating high powered Oakland that year was unlikely and beating Baltimore was next to impossible. Only in his first year in the playoffs, second year in the league, could the Manning of today have had a chance to get to the Superbowl. They could have beaten the Titans that year with a better Manning, an they could have beaten the Jags. Beating the Rams with with Indy's ranked 17 points allowed defense would have been tricky though, but do-able. Of course I still think that year would have been Buffalo's all the way if Wade Phillips hadn't made the stupidest coaching decision in the history of football and replaced his proven winner with a proven klutz for the playoffs then keep that klutz the next year because you blame the loss on a trick play.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 08:32:42 AM »
Lets take a look at Mannings receiving core to the Patriots that also gives you a clue..

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 11:05:56 AM »

He's only thrown multiple INTs in 3 of his 10 playoff starts and only lost twice so far with multiple INT games. I don't need to be on his nuts to see the stats. The fact remains that when Manning "slumps" in the playoffs his numbers are still slightly better than Brady's when Brady "excels" in the playoffs. Yet because Brady has that solid D and solid line to move the ball he always gets the praise. Indy is an offensive team so right away it's going to be harder to win as a QB because you don't have a strong D to win the game (usually, they did great against KC). If Peyton Manning had moved to Baltimore in 2000, NE in 2001, Tampa in 2002, and NE again in 2003 and 2004, he'd be a 5 years in a row champion and they'd have won pretty easily each Superbowl Game. The point of this is that those teams would have won anyway like they did win, but Manning would have gotten this false praise as Mr. Superbowl. His numbers in the playoffs are still great numbers no matter how you slice it. The problem is that his numbers in the season are on pace to break every record that exists so people hold him to such a high regard that when he drops from amazing to great they think he sucks.

I know Brady is good under pressure and I won't deny that, but everyone knows the majority of his passes are much safer with quick outs to open receivers and screen passes dominating his repertoire. He can still throw the great pass when he does, but if he threw as many risky passes down field as Manning he'd have at least as many INTs. Manning can't play the quick out to the side open man or the screen pass because 1) he doesn't have the O-line to force blitzes and pick them up leaving a guy open with time to throw and block like animals to give the screen more yards. He also doesn't have the Defense to fall back on that will create huge turnovers and score defensive TDs.

In the end, my point is that no QB in the league, not Brady, not McNabb, not Vick, not Favre, would have taken the Colts in any given year to the Superbowl. Last year the Steelers rushed the line so well no one would have found time to make plays. The year before that the Pats D wouldn't let up a play downfield or let anyone get anywhere. The year before that his WRs were getting thrown around by NE and getting no calls. People brag about the 4 INTs but forget about how manhandled the receivers were getting to make those INTs possible. Two years before that the Jets scored 41 points. Two years before that Miami was the number 3 Defense and they still got 17 points which a better Manning still could have won, but beating high powered Oakland that year was unlikely and beating Baltimore was next to impossible. Only in his first year in the playoffs, second year in the league, could the Manning of today have had a chance to get to the Superbowl. They could have beaten the Titans that year with a better Manning, an they could have beaten the Jags. Beating the Rams with with Indy's ranked 17 points allowed defense would have been tricky though, but do-able. Of course I still think that year would have been Buffalo's all the way if Wade Phillips hadn't made the stupidest coaching decision in the history of football and replaced his proven winner with a proven klutz for the playoffs then keep that klutz the next year because you blame the loss on a trick play.

real spit man damn +1
I just wouldnt want Peyton Manning leading me...He hasnt proven it in the big games yet, and yesterday proved my point even more. You make great points tho..This is My opinion...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 11:50:47 AM »
i'm going to make the bold prediction of picking indy over baltimore. i think the colts have momentum going into this game that will carry over. also for some reason i have a feeling that the bye week will hurt the ravens

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 02:07:49 PM »

If I could i'd prop you a million times right about now.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 03:02:20 PM »

Thats the same shit Montana did. Short passes, slants, screens, etc...You gonna take anything away from him? People are always looking for ways to dogg Tom Brady, yet these are the same people sticking up for Peyton when he fucks up ::)

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 03:04:03 PM »
One more thing, there is always GONNA Be something standing in Peyton's way, one days hes just gonna have to overcome it and get the job done...

The Best of 3 Worlds