Author Topic: Suge Knight Shutting Down DEATH ROW for good  (Read 1600 times)

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
Re: Suge Knight Shutting Down DEATH ROW for good
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 08:05:55 AM »
suge can claim to be a born again christian for all i fuccin care. this fool robbed niggas blind and punked niggas that cant even fight bacc. this nigga ain't no man. now all of a sudden he's sorry. his money gone, his homies loooooong gone, nobody wants to fucc wit him and poor suge feels bad. I got a Eazy-E quote for Suge "you wasted four minutes...now you got seconds left...bitch!"

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 08:47:14 AM »
Death Row's been dead for almost 10 years anyway.  Who gives a fuck.

everlast1986

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 08:57:28 AM »

Thats exactly what i came in here to say.

JohnnyL

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 08:59:47 AM »
I dont know what you guys are talking about but Warlords gonna drop a classic and bring the row back!   ::)

lol

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 09:07:44 AM »
Death Row ain't done shit since 2pac died. It really died then. After he died Suge made money of 2pacs unreleased shit. All the other shit flopped. Miche'le, Nate Dogg, Daz, the compilation albums, all of it went down the toilet.

cheech

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2007, 11:06:49 AM »
Propz 2 SUGE KNIGHT

GOOD LUcK in Hawaii

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2007, 01:44:10 PM »

Thats exactly what i came in here to say.

the real shame is that DR has rarely been a talentless label, suge was just horrible about putting his talent out after Pac died for some reason.
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

$Eg2$

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2007, 02:28:46 PM »
suge can claim to be a born again christian for all i fuccin care. this fool robbed niggas blind and punked niggas that cant even fight bacc. this nigga ain't no man. now all of a sudden he's sorry. his money gone, his homies loooooong gone, nobody wants to fucc wit him and poor suge feels bad. I got a Eazy-E quote for Suge "you wasted four minutes...now you got seconds left...bitch!"

Your an idiot the niggas that got burned fucked themselves young niggas signing contracts without reading them thats there bad homie. SPeaking of Eazy E look how he treated his artists and they werent just artists they were his friends and he fucked them all out of there money. Basically what im saying is Suge or Eazy aint the first Im positive RUssel SImmons, Jimmy Iovine and all the other major label CEOs have all fucked plenty of people outta money.

Anyways RIP Death Row They helped build this West Coast Shit and the Legacy will never Die.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2007, 02:33:09 PM »

JohnnyL

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2007, 05:53:54 PM »

[/quote]

the real shame is that DR has rarely been a talentless label, suge was just horrible about putting his talent out after Pac died for some reason.
-T
[/quote]

Man, that's the truth.  Back in the day, I was always more on the Eazy/Ruthless side than Deathrow.  But when Suge came out of prison, he was kinda the underdog, so I was sort of routing for him.  But for hardcore Deathrow fans, I'm sure it had to be even worse.  I mean, once every couple months or so there be some new info on their official website about another one of their artists working on their solo albums.  But all we ever got were a couple movie sountracks and compilation after compilation. Or once in a while some unreleased music from a former artist.  The closest they came to releasing a solo artist's album on the modern era Death Row was Kurupt's "Against the Grain" album.  And they didn't even promote that because they said it was released without their consent.  It seemed like aside from Kurupt, Crooked I had the best chance of getting his album released, but after several years he even gave up.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2007, 03:08:12 AM »

we're mainly just worried about who will get the music in the vaults/rights to release doggystyle/the chronic/dogg food

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2007, 07:17:53 AM »
Assuming that Suge wasn't blackballed (which he probably was) then I think Suge's lack of success since he came out of prison, just proves that he really wasn't that big of a piece in Death Row's success in the 90's.  It looks now like it was Dr. Dre who was the real genius and Jimmy Iovine and Interscope handling the business.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

eNgIeS

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2007, 08:26:10 AM »
It's kind of a shame.  But they haven't been releasing any new or even any previously unreleased music in some time, anyway.  I'll say this for Suge, it seems like during his las big push for Death Row, when he had signed Crooked I, Eastwood, Kurupt, and N.I.N.A., the police wouldn't leave him alone long enough for him to even focus on rebuilding his music label.  I guess in that respect he did get treated unfair, there towards the end.  Maybe just putting Death Row behind him and moving on to the next thing is the best answer. It doesn't seem that the powers that be were going to leave him alone to conduct business anyway.

Its also a shame he had Biggie killed over bullshit thats 10000 times any shame that comes from the "unfairness" cops displayed towards him. Probably coz those cops also have a share on the inside knowledge of his past

Go read Have Gun Will travel or L.A.Brynth & u'll see how evil a man Suge is

JohnnyL

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2007, 09:14:39 AM »
It's kind of a shame.  But they haven't been releasing any new or even any previously unreleased music in some time, anyway.  I'll say this for Suge, it seems like during his las big push for Death Row, when he had signed Crooked I, Eastwood, Kurupt, and N.I.N.A., the police wouldn't leave him alone long enough for him to even focus on rebuilding his music label.  I guess in that respect he did get treated unfair, there towards the end.  Maybe just putting Death Row behind him and moving on to the next thing is the best answer. It doesn't seem that the powers that be were going to leave him alone to conduct business anyway.

Its also a shame he had Biggie killed over bullshit thats 10000 times any shame that comes from the "unfairness" cops displayed towards him. Probably coz those cops also have a share on the inside knowledge of his past

Go read Have Gun Will travel or L.A.Brynth & u'll see how evil a man Suge is

Yeah.  You're probably right about that.  What I was trying to get at was simply that it was a shame for fans of the music that none of this stuff was ever released.  Of course if Suge was responsible for killing Biggie, I think that's horrible.  I'm not trying to defend the man.  But my point is regardless of whether it was warranted, all the times they interfered in the day-to-day operations of the label, helped prevent the music from being released.  Ultimately, it is far more important that they make sure Suge isn't a threat to other people.  But as it applies to this thread, I was thinking more in terms of the lost potential of all that music we as fans will never get to hear.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 09:16:29 AM by JohnnyL »

The Predator

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2007, 09:39:15 AM »
Put Down the candy and let the littlel boy go, (in a gruff voice) Yew we got ya muthafuckin record company surrounded...