Author Topic: Suge Knight Shutting Down DEATH ROW for good  (Read 1599 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Suge Knight Shutting Down DEATH ROW for good
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2007, 11:28:17 AM »
It's kind of a shame.  But they haven't been releasing any new or even any previously unreleased music in some time, anyway.  I'll say this for Suge, it seems like during his las big push for Death Row, when he had signed Crooked I, Eastwood, Kurupt, and N.I.N.A., the police wouldn't leave him alone long enough for him to even focus on rebuilding his music label.  I guess in that respect he did get treated unfair, there towards the end.  Maybe just putting Death Row behind him and moving on to the next thing is the best answer. It doesn't seem that the powers that be were going to leave him alone to conduct business anyway.

Its also a shame he had Biggie killed over bullshit thats 10000 times any shame that comes from the "unfairness" cops displayed towards him. Probably coz those cops also have a share on the inside knowledge of his past

Go read Have Gun Will travel or L.A.Brynth & u'll see how evil a man Suge is

I've been trying to find a copy forever of Have gun will travel. but for the record, alot of people dispute the claims he makes. especially alot of the DR afficionados here. -T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

JohnnyL

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2007, 11:43:03 AM »
Anyone who's read any of my other posts knows I that I'm not a big fan of how Suge conducted business back in the old days.  So it wouldn't be difficult getting me to believe that he might have had something to do with Biggie's murder.  But either way, I don't think anyone could argue that we got a lot of good westcoast music out of there being a Death Row records.  If Suge is responsible for a lot of the things that he's rumored to be, that's very fucked up.  But when it comes to a lot of that stuff, I don't think we'll ever know for sure.  So for the fact that we probably won't see albums like "Makaveli: One Nation," or Crooked I "Untouchable" I'm sorry things turned out the way they did.  But don't misconstrue my meaning.  As far as Suge's future endeavors and what happens to him after he's no longer responsible for the vast amount of unreleased material in Death Row's vaults (if that time ever really comes), that doesn't really interest me.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2007, 12:21:40 PM »
Anyone who's read any of my other posts knows I that I'm not a big fan of how Suge conducted business back in the old days.  So it wouldn't be difficult getting me to believe that he might have had something to do with Biggie's murder.  But either way, I don't think anyone could argue that we got a lot of good westcoast music out of there being a Death Row records.  If Suge is responsible for a lot of the things that he's rumored to be, that's very fucked up.  But when it comes to a lot of that stuff, I don't think we'll ever know for sure.  So for the fact that we probably won't see albums like "Makaveli: One Nation," or Crooked I "Untouchable" I'm sorry things turned out the way they did.  But don't misconstrue my meaning.  As far as Suge's future endeavors and what happens to him after he's no longer responsible for the vast amount of unreleased material in Death Row's vaults (if that time ever really comes), that doesn't really interest me.

well said +1

-T

westcoastavengers.com

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2007, 01:06:22 PM »
Assuming that Suge wasn't blackballed (which he probably was) then I think Suge's lack of success since he came out of prison, just proves that he really wasn't that big of a piece in Death Row's success in the 90's.  It looks now like it was Dr. Dre who was the real genius and Jimmy Iovine and Interscope handling the business.
think you got that wrong.every one that was there at the time said suge was the business man dre was the music man.i think its right to say suge played a massive part in death row.dude was blacked balled when he came home from jail and it was never going to happen  again for him..
for all the bad shit people like to say about him he also did the $100000 turkey give away, the mothers day brunch at bev hills hotel ,the fathers day visits and the rebuilding of kids play grounds in compton. at the end of the day he will always have his place in rap history.good or bad...

eNgIeS

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2007, 10:05:14 PM »
It's kind of a shame.  But they haven't been releasing any new or even any previously unreleased music in some time, anyway.  I'll say this for Suge, it seems like during his las big push for Death Row, when he had signed Crooked I, Eastwood, Kurupt, and N.I.N.A., the police wouldn't leave him alone long enough for him to even focus on rebuilding his music label.  I guess in that respect he did get treated unfair, there towards the end.  Maybe just putting Death Row behind him and moving on to the next thing is the best answer. It doesn't seem that the powers that be were going to leave him alone to conduct business anyway.

Its also a shame he had Biggie killed over bullshit thats 10000 times any shame that comes from the "unfairness" cops displayed towards him. Probably coz those cops also have a share on the inside knowledge of his past

Go read Have Gun Will travel or L.A.Brynth & u'll see how evil a man Suge is

I've been trying to find a copy forever of Have gun will travel. but for the record, alot of people dispute the claims he makes. especially alot of the DR afficionados here. -T

Well some of the stuff is cooberated in L.A.Brynth... even if its only half true Suge isnt a nice person

cheech

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 11:10:07 AM »
a gee isnīt a nice person. and dont need to be
a preacher a teacher a fireman a nurse these r or should be nice person,
all of u dudez claimin gangsta and glorryfy that life and if someone in tha rap game is a real gangsta u all hatin on him.

-waz he nice 2 his mum?  hell yeah!  eazy left his mum in compton and bought jerry bitch a house.
-waz he nice 2 his sisterz?  hell yeah!  the other Bompton Blood slapped his sista and did time 4 thiz shit.
-took he care of hiz homiez he grew up with. hell yeah!  Buntry, Heron, Neckbone, Tray neva had a job before.

Hell yeah he punked a lot of muthafucKaz, but he allwayz waz loyal 2 hiz Fam and his real childhood friendz. straight gangsta.

all the rest of them Muthafuckaz r Hollywood gangstaz.
and i donīt give a fuck how he treated everybody else in tha world. snoop rbx and the rest of them wuz just buizness relationship. (sure they made all tha money, but without suges protection, they would be shit.)

ask BOOYA TRIBE and the Relativez bout Suge. and the these a real niggaz, ask Ice Cube Ice T, Mike Conception

RIP Death Row Records a REAL BLAcK Owned Record Label.

Me personally, would get into each otherīif i saw suge, but thats sum ghetto shit and not sum Music industry shit, so I need to be fair and give tha nigga hiz propz (4 tha industry shit) even he my enemy. 4 tha ghetto MOB Fruittown TTP shit silence iz tha bezt answer.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 12:10:49 PM by cheech »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 11:14:56 AM »
a gee isnīt a nice person. and dont need t be
all of u dudez claimin gangsta and glorryfy that life and if someone in tha rap game is a real gangsta u all hatin on him.

waz he nice 2 his mum? hell yeah! eazy left his mum in compton and bought jerry bitch a house
waz he nice 2 his sisterz? hell yeah! the other Bompton Blood slapped his sista and did time 4 thiz shit.
took he care 4 hiz homiez he grew up with. hell yeah! Bunty, Heron, Neckbone, Tray neva had a job before.

Hell yeah he punked a lot of muthafucKaz, but he allwayz waz loyal 2 hiz Fam and his real childhood friendz. straight gangsta.

and i donīt give a fuck how he treated everybody else in tha world. snoop rbx and the rest of them wuz just buizness relationship. (sure they made all tha money, but without suges protection, they would be shit.)

ask BOOYA TRIBE and the Relativez bout Suge. and the these a real niggaz, ask Ice Cube Ice T, Mike Conception

Me personally, would get into each otherīif i saw suge, but thats sum ghetto shit and not sum Music industry shit, so I need to be fair and give tha nigga hiz propz (4 tha industry shit) even he my enemy. 4 tha ghetto MOB Fruittown TTP shit silence iz tha bezt answer.

i don't know when you're talkng about suge and when you're talking about eazy..was neckbone etc. eazy or suge friends?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

cheech

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 12:07:35 PM »

waz he nice 2 his mum? hell yeah! eazy left his mum in compton and bought jerry bitch a house
waz he nice 2 his sisterz? hell yeah! the other Bompton Blood slapped his sista and did time 4 thiz shit.
took he care 4 hiz homiez he grew up with. hell yeah! Bunty, Heron, Neckbone, Tray neva had a job before.

i don't know when you're talkng about suge and when you're talking about eazy..was neckbone etc. eazy or suge friends?

-T

i donīt know what u talkin bout dude? i waznīt talkin bout eric!! i just said he bought jerry a house and left hiz mum in compton.

cheech

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 12:26:36 PM »
Of course if Suge was responsible for killing Biggie, I think that's horrible. 

---
Why? Black men dyin everyday in tha streetz, Iznīt shootin your enemy glorryfied in Gangsta Rap?

Big Suge waz just keepin it real, Ha Ha , maybee too real 4 the most other West Coast artist.
Woudnīt your revenge your homiez: "if Puffy was responsible for killing BigJake, I think that's horrible, too.

So FUcK Biggie! And if u down with BadBoy than FUcK u too ;)

way back it wuz the media that started that WEST cOAST east coast shit. Ice Cube, WC, Quik, Snoop everybody waz dissin tha east, and than Biggie died and everybody went soft. what bout Big Jake. Fuck Puffy 4 that.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 12:39:25 PM »

-T

i donīt know what u talkin bout dude? i waznīt talkin bout eric!! i just said he bought jerry a house and left hiz mum in compton.
oh I understand now

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Navaveli

• Lil Geezy
  • Murderious Mind State, Cant Keep Me Nine Str8
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 01:58:21 PM »

---
Why? Black men dyin everyday in tha streetz, Iznīt shootin your enemy glorryfied in Gangsta Rap?

Big Suge waz just keepin it real, Ha Ha , maybee too real 4 the most other West Coast artist.
Woudnīt your revenge your homiez: "if Puffy was responsible for killing BigJake, I think that's horrible, too.

way back it wuz the media that started that WEST cOAST east coast shit. Ice Cube, WC, Quik, Snoop everybody waz dissin tha east, and than Biggie died and everybody went soft. what bout Big Jake. Fuck Puffy 4 that.

I kinda agree with homie, niggaz die everyday, not a good thing, and i dont wish death upon no one but there was talk that Biggie was involved in Pacs death. Now we dont kknow the facts but either way i would say this, if biggie was involved then he deserved what he got, he if wasnt involved in pacs death, than he dont deserve it... as for Big Jake dying, that was Pufffy, why is that nigga alvie, he should be the one getting capped NoT B.I.G.  ... suge wanted real revenge he should have went after Puffy if it was retailation for Big Jake... if its for Pac than its biggie (and only if Biggie was involved in pacs death, no one really knows)...
Murderious Mind State, Cant Keep my Nine Str8...

R.I.P Makaveli aka Tupac Shakur the Hip Hop Don...

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 02:25:06 PM »

---

lol the funny thing about that is you have to have anmesia for every other shit Suge does.. You contradict yourself.

For every good thing Suge does, he does a negative thing.

Why even try to recognize yourself as a 'real black label' when you fucking your own people over worst than some of these white boys. It's horrible that these Death Row artists have to leave the 'black label' to get better deals with the 'white labels'. I'm not sure what race you are, but us black people tend to put more trust in our own race.. It is messed up to trust Jimmy Iovine for a better deal..

He lets his artists use 'nigga' and 'bitch' in their songs because he claims to give them artistic freedom, but when his own freedom is on the line, he pleads to the judge that he will never let his artists use it again and that it'll be positive for black people. Even after his return from jail, he lets them use it.. so he was just full of shit..

He claims that Death Row Records is a real 'gangsta' label and but he signed that Gina chick.

He claims to help out fellow black people, provide turkeys for families, visits to dads in prison, yet he utilizies his 'street staff' to sell drugs to his own people. I've met some of his drug dealers..

He calls Snoop the snitch, yet he has half of the LAPD on his payroll for private security events. It's not a coincidence that Snoop was arrested for 3 seperate events in LA over the last year and then starts to diss Suge out of nowhere... lol.. It's quite obvious Suge is the snitch.  Not only is he a snitch, but he also funds the cops to do certain things.

I can go on and on about Suge.. He is just a bad man that has a very ultimate guilty conscience.. That's why he consulting with prastors and shit..

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 08:38:48 PM »
where is that dude with all these DR pictures in his sig?

yeah thats what i was thinking

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 10:15:27 PM »
where is that dude with all these DR pictures in his sig?

yeah thats what i was thinking

dude got up and started heading to DR headquarters as soon as he heard the news.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

eNgIeS

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2007, 12:50:14 AM »

---

Puffy got big Jake killed
yeh right
Puffy about as gangsta as yo mama