Author Topic: Busta Rhymes Indicates Dr. Dre May Release Unreleased Music From His Vault!  (Read 970 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Rap mogul DR. DRE is planning for his retirement with a vault full of unreleased magic, according to pal BUSTA RHYMES. As the world waits for the reclusive producer's delayed DETOX album - his first release for six years - Rhymes reveals the rapper's biggest problem is deciding which tracks to release from his archive. Rhymes admits Dre has a "vault" of impressive rap material dating all the way back to his N.W.A. beginnings that will become his legacy. He says, "Dre got a big safe with a big combination lock. Unbelievable s**t is in that vault - over 20 years of s**t from (late N.W.A. bandmate) EAZY-E and (record label) Death Row days. "He's created so many things he never put out."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/rhymes%20impressed%20by%20dr%20dres%20vault_1027405

...seems too good to be true.

While yall are here... check out this dope freestyle by BISHOP LAMONT:   8)

& Joell Ortiz:

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:08:09 AM by Rebel »

StevenQBosell

Oh man! and thats exactly the Dre era that I'm so into, 1987 - 1996... oh man.

Please lets the rap Gods smile down on us and have Dre release this music, please?

Lunatic

this would be fucking awesome
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
I doubt it. Anything that's not Aftermath would be a BITCH to get clearance on. That's why you'll never see a Dr. Dre's Greatest Hits album or anything like that.

The Predator

Aint happening.

KURUPTION-81

i read that as he didnt know which tracks from the vault he would use for detox. Not that he was going to release a "lost tapes" type album.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

MR_JV

id love for this to happen, but i dont think it will especially from dre

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
As I said before, we'll have to wait for Dre to either:

1. pass all his rights, music and business to someone that sells it or
2. die, after which his music is released by some milking moneymaker (Jimmy Iovine, perhaps?)
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Doesn't contactmusic just make there articles up?

Anyway like Kaligula said there would be a lot of red tape for tracks that weren't Aftermath tracks so I don't see it happening.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
maybe i am reading it wrong, but to me i got the impression that busta has just heard some of his vault stuff and was saying how dope the stuff was and that dre was gettin ready to drop detox and was looking back on what his got which is good enough....did not get the impression he was looking to release a locked up vaults record to me....but maybe i read it wrong

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
I pray to god this is true. Imagine hearing unreleased NWA and shit  :o

greko

• 'G'
maybe i am reading it wrong, but to me i got the impression that busta has just heard some of his vault stuff and was saying how dope the stuff was and that dre was gettin ready to drop detox and was looking back on what his got which is good enough....did not get the impression he was looking to release a locked up vaults record to me....but maybe i read it wrong

That's what I got from the article also. Lost Tapes album or something like that would be dope as hell but I don't see that happening... :(

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
...If Lost Tapes is going to happen, it will only feature music from the The Aftermath era, unless Dre buys up his Ruthless and Death Row material, or someone buys all three.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
i hope this happens

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
i think dre will do something along these lines after detox.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram