Poll

best album of 2006?

AZ - The Format (Quiet Money)
0 (0%)
The Coup - Pick a Bigger Weapon (Epitaph)
1 (5%)
Jay-Z - Kingdom Come (Roc-a-Fella/Def Jam)
1 (5%)
Rhymefest - Blue Collar (J )
1 (5%)
T.I. - King (Atlantic)
0 (0%)
The Game - Doctor's Advocate (Geffen)
5 (25%)
Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury (ZLG)
1 (5%)
Lupe Fiasco - Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor (Atlantic)
4 (20%)
The Roots - Game Theory (Def Jam)
2 (10%)
Ghostface Killah - Fishscale (Def Jam)
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: best album of 2006?  (Read 392 times)

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: best album of 2006?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 03:44:14 PM »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 05:14:08 PM »
this may sound predictable, but nas and game was the best lp's for me last year....busta was solid but i felt the album was very....well not busta...nice album still, nuttin worth 3 years of wait

Yeah but it showed a lyrical side of him, however his next album needs them Busta tracks, them crazy ass wilin' Busta tracks.

yeah it showed a lyrical side to busta no doubt.....but we all knew busta could spit fire....what this album did was show he could make a consistant album top to bottom....minus the few subpar tracks, overall the album is very solid....however....if this is the future for busta, then fuck it....because busta can still spit fire but busta made his name from spittin raw and fast and being busta....thats a crazy mofo wildin on a joint, a busta album without the crazy shit is not a busta album as far as im concerned being a huge fan....

like the detox is not comin cat said....how they left money off this album is beyond me....BUT.....the album is very rigid....solid top to bottom yes...production is very good yes...nothing amazing but great yes.....the dre co producing dont mean shit, it just means its some cohesive and crisper....the dre beats varied from bangin (get you some)....potential hit (how do it round here - how did not ger released at 1st single??) to dissapointment (the nas busta joint..they killed it but if that is a dre beat that has no real bang to it..and the final joint....nice beat but the diggin sounded horrible, nice try at inventing but it just sounds like the treble is fuckin up,lol)....

overall....to me, this album is a 4 mic cd.....never a classic.....nice album though, i could bump it again, always sounds nice after not checking it for a while, but while checkin the album it gets played out fast to me....

one or two of the joints are amazing though.....

im not hating on the busta cd, because im a huge busta fan, not a busta fan because he got dre to to look over his project.....and the album is nice....but its not great ....imo...

same with nas and game, nice cd's....neither is great.....but game took alot less time and came through alot of shit to drop heat and nas just for the impact of the album, rather than based purely on quality....because nas has done better....but how does a rapper top his own shit when he has nuttin left to prove? well maybe dre has an answer to that question....but yeah....imma stick with nas and game.....neither cd is classic....but they dropped heat....niggaz so quick to call a cd a classic these days.....

pz

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 05:25:32 PM »
Kokane - Painkillers

No contest, production on this beats everything released in 2006. Pure FUNK!

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 09:10:03 PM »
this may sound predictable, but nas and game was the best lp's for me last year....busta was solid
consign how you left nas off the list? wtf

rayallen0

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 12:03:57 AM »
i left nas off cuz HHID was horrible it was almost as bad as Nastadamstrus or watever

Al Bundy

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 12:14:14 AM »
i left nas off cuz HHID was horrible it was almost as bad as Nastadamstrus or watever

hip hop is dead wasn't too great but was nowhere near the shit level of nastradamus

rayallen0

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 01:15:49 AM »
well illmatic was my fav album ever and this just disapointed the shit outta me.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 11:31:46 AM »
^ And why did you leave off 'The Big Bang'?

I hear what chu sayin' LyRiCaL_G. His next album needs to be 'Busta'.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 02:15:04 PM »
TOO SHORT "BLOW THE WHISTLE"

or

KURUPT "SAME DAY DIFFERENT SHIT"

Narrator

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 02:43:11 PM »

That's your opinion.  Most people disagree, so you oughta take THEIR opinions into consideration.

You've made a lot of retarded polls lately.  Might wanna be careful or else we'll be forced to slay you in order to keep the gene pool clean.

S.J

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2007, 08:07:46 AM »
I'd probably say Ghostface, I find The Game gets a bit annoying after a while. I also liked Lupe Fiasco and Hi-Tek
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2007, 08:31:05 AM »
kanye live orchestration

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2007, 08:31:42 AM »
out of the list, lupe

Noreaga57

• Lil Geezy
  • N.o.r.e.
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2007, 08:52:50 AM »
lupe by far :) game was nice but lupe definately most slept on and the best one out of the list in my opinion :)
it was good to hear a hiphop album without all the gangsta bullshit :) just straight rappin :)
The invincible, untouchable, CNN