Author Topic: Tons More Nintendo DS Info and Screenshots released today  (Read 638 times)

Thirteen

Re: Tons More Nintendo DS Info and Screenshots released today
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2004, 07:00:49 PM »
once again...for the reading impared.....the movies are going to be very secondary since they have to be put in a new format that may or may not catch on...

so this race is pretty much games vs games in the handheld market and so far nintendo has never lost even when other hand helds had more power

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2004, 08:15:42 PM »
You know what I find interesting? (and I'm honestly, just saying)

The people I don't agree with, I don't agree with on ANYTHING! Look @ this thread.  the people that like the PSP better, all have the totally opposite political opinion as me, and the people that like the DS better generally like my posts and have similar views, blah blah blah.

Why is that? Are there 2 prevailing mindsets in the world that typically feel the same way about similar things? I've always wondered why that is. 

There are a lot of things we've agreed on.

Jome

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2004, 08:47:56 PM »
You know what I find interesting? (and I'm honestly, just saying)

The people I don't agree with, I don't agree with on ANYTHING! Look @ this thread.  the people that like the PSP better, all have the totally opposite political opinion as me, and the people that like the DS better generally like my posts and have similar views, blah blah blah.

Why is that? Are there 2 prevailing mindsets in the world that typically feel the same way about similar things? I've always wondered why that is. 

It's not about having 1 default preset view on things, it's about being broadminded.
You are such a big Nintendo fan that you probably can not see all the features of PSP, and in the rush ignores Sony's multi-billion worldwide marketing machine and worldwide network/contacts.

I used to think in the same way, when I bought my N64..
I was like "How the hell Sony gonna compete with Nintendo, who's been making games since before I was born, more or less.."
Then PS1 conquered the world, and near bumrushed Nintendo out of the industry, except the handheld market.
That's why I think Sony easily can do it again..

If Nintendo holds on to their "No violence, no cheap discs but cartridges/custom discs who can't be copied/burned, no mp3s or movies" policy, then they will lose out on a lot of potential buyers, just like they did with GameCube..
And I think people are starting to get tired of Mario and Donkey Kong, and all that now.. it's been done over and over.

The Watcher

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2004, 09:15:01 PM »
i will get whatevers cheaper
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Trauma-san

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2004, 09:33:45 PM »
Jome; the PSP comes out a full year after the DS.  I'm not saying the PSP isn't going to sell, where have I said that? 

The PSP's goal was to crush Nintendo.  It won't.  Why? Because of everything I've shown in this post.  I'm sure the PSP will sell fine, I never said it would Bomb... Shallow, who's arguing about how much the DS sucks, claimed both will bomb. 

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2004, 10:47:56 PM »
Guys guys guys. I doubt either handheld will "crush" the other. Why?

You look at the games that are coming out for each one, you look at the features, you look at how it looks. And people will compare and buy whichever they like.

Some people like games like metal gear solid. Some people like mario. Its opinion.

I think the DS may do better in america, but i think sony will dominate in japan.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2004, 11:00:20 PM »
Shallow, who's arguing about how much the DS sucks, claimed both will bomb. 

I did say that didn't I? Well after reading more about the PSP, I think it has a chance of succeeding. I still don't think the DS will do well after it's first year, and I wouldn't be surprised if the the PSP doesn't last. It was foolish to boldly claim they would both bomb. However, I still feel if they don't bomb then the PSP will come out on top. If Sony is smart, they will release blank UMDs that can be recorded on directly through the PP, thus enabling pirates to create Gameboy emulators and really hitting Nintendo where it hurts.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2004, 10:51:51 AM »
The psp isnt coming out a full year after ds,its launching THIS year in japan and then later on in america,prolly march

http://psp.ign.com/articles/555/555066p1.html

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2004, 10:52:24 AM »
i will get whatevers cheaper

DS is gonna prolly b half tha price of tha PSP

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2004, 06:15:08 PM »
If SONY wants to conquer the handheld market, they'll have to pull out all the stops to dethrone NINTENDO. I believe they can do it. Pricing is all I am worried about, I dun wanna fork out several hundreds for a handheld when I already own a PS2.

Trauma-san

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 04:49:06 PM »
Hey Trauma, you never answered my request on the bet. I'll take it. There is no way Sony is going to lose out to this. You just let me know the wager.

Most of these games are basic gameboy games, and I don't think people will care when they just bought so many of the last Gameboys. The 64 quality games don't mean shit to me. Look how cheap the game cobe is and noboidy wants that. I'll take your bet.

I hate Sony, but Nintendo is finished, and pretty soon they'll pull a Sega and jump out of the hardware war.

Hmmmm.  I thought I'd post a little newsstory I found today.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/807/807852p1.html

Nintendo Sales Update
Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world. Nintendo planning a hardware shipment boost.
by Matt Casamassina
July 25, 2007 - Nintendo on Wednesday announced first-quarter (the period between April and June 2007) financial results, and updated its forecasts for the coming year. The latest data reaffirms what everybody already knows, which is that the DS and Wii are both epic success stories.

The Big N revealed that cumulative Wii hardware sales now stand at 9.27 million worldwide (3.81 million being sold in the Americas alone). Meanwhile, cumulative DS sales are at a whopping 47.27 million (with 14.14 million sold in the Americas).

Nintendo had previously forecasted Wii hardware shipments of 14 million for the year, but it has since revised that number to 16.5 million, effectively upping shipments by 2.5 million units. In laymen's terms, this means that the firm expects to sell another 12.3 million Wii systems around the world between now and March of next year, increasing the total Wii worldwide installed base to 22 million.

Microsoft said this week that it sold 11.6 million Xbox 360 systems worldwide through June, which would put it a little more than two million systems ahead of Wii. It should be noted that in June, Wii outside Xbox 360 by nearly 200,000 units, and it has, in fact, outsold Microsoft's system every month this year. Given that Microsoft has no foothold in Japan, where Wii continues to dominate, Nintendo's console could and very likely will become market leader before the end of the year, if not sooner.

Nintendo has upped DS hardware shipments from 22 million to 26 million, boosting numbers by four million units for the year.

The company has increased its projections for Wii and DS software sales, too. Wii has jumped from 55 million to 72 million and DS from 130 million to 140 million.

-------------------------------------

So....basically since the time you said Nintendo was going out of the hardware business, they've sold 47 million of these systems I was so apt to point out was cool as fuck back in the day. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2007, 09:35:53 AM »
Hey Trauma, you never answered my request on the bet. I'll take it. There is no way Sony is going to lose out to this. You just let me know the wager.

Most of these games are basic gameboy games, and I don't think people will care when they just bought so many of the last Gameboys. The 64 quality games don't mean shit to me. Look how cheap the game cobe is and noboidy wants that. I'll take your bet.

I hate Sony, but Nintendo is finished, and pretty soon they'll pull a Sega and jump out of the hardware war.

Hmmmm.  I thought I'd post a little newsstory I found today.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/807/807852p1.html

Nintendo Sales Update
Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world. Nintendo planning a hardware shipment boost.
by Matt Casamassina
July 25, 2007 - Nintendo on Wednesday announced first-quarter (the period between April and June 2007) financial results, and updated its forecasts for the coming year. The latest data reaffirms what everybody already knows, which is that the DS and Wii are both epic success stories.

The Big N revealed that cumulative Wii hardware sales now stand at 9.27 million worldwide (3.81 million being sold in the Americas alone). Meanwhile, cumulative DS sales are at a whopping 47.27 million (with 14.14 million sold in the Americas).

Nintendo had previously forecasted Wii hardware shipments of 14 million for the year, but it has since revised that number to 16.5 million, effectively upping shipments by 2.5 million units. In laymen's terms, this means that the firm expects to sell another 12.3 million Wii systems around the world between now and March of next year, increasing the total Wii worldwide installed base to 22 million.

Microsoft said this week that it sold 11.6 million Xbox 360 systems worldwide through June, which would put it a little more than two million systems ahead of Wii. It should be noted that in June, Wii outside Xbox 360 by nearly 200,000 units, and it has, in fact, outsold Microsoft's system every month this year. Given that Microsoft has no foothold in Japan, where Wii continues to dominate, Nintendo's console could and very likely will become market leader before the end of the year, if not sooner.

Nintendo has upped DS hardware shipments from 22 million to 26 million, boosting numbers by four million units for the year.

The company has increased its projections for Wii and DS software sales, too. Wii has jumped from 55 million to 72 million and DS from 130 million to 140 million.

-------------------------------------

So....basically since the time you said Nintendo was going out of the hardware business, they've sold 47 million of these systems I was so apt to point out was cool as fuck back in the day. 

I was wrong.

My brother actually bought a DS a little white back. Great system. At first when it was announced I was worried that every game would try and use both screems as game action screens and that the pen would play to much of a part. It turns out the bottom screen is almost always a menu screen of sorts (like the Dreamcast controller was) and the pen is only used for odd games. Nintendo has clearly shown that they are strong enough, with the DS and Wii, to compete for years to come.

It's actually not that hard to see a mistake was made and admit you were wrong. You should try it some time. So should most politicians.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2007, 07:08:35 AM »
 cumulative DS sales are at a whopping 47.27 million (with 14.14 million sold in the Americas). :yikes: FUCK MAN LOL 

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2007, 11:51:47 AM »
cumulative DS sales are at a whopping 47.27 million (with 14.14 million sold in the Americas). :yikes: FUCK MAN LOL 

yea the DS is a major success, cant wait for phantom hourglass