Author Topic: question for the Kurupt fans  (Read 581 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

question for the Kurupt fans
« on: October 03, 2007, 05:32:25 AM »
I really think that Kurupts rapping on D&YG is better than any of his solo allbums, his flow here is :o and his lyrics are not really mind blowing but consistently dope, his verses have structure to them and he's not trying to use these big words and making no sense ala Da World or psychosomatic automatic bubonic chronic addict even on Streetz his lyrics are very hit or miss, Trylogy excluded and on Space Boogie he sounds good and Fred laced him with some superior tracks but lyrically it really continued the downfall, I actually think his best solo lyrically is the East Coast Disc of Kuruption where he spits some really raw lyrics, was wondering what everybody thought on the subject

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: question for the Kurupt fans
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 07:10:18 AM »
hmm....ok.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 08:44:58 AM »
Just my 2 cents:

Kuruption had dope tracks and some not so good. Alot from the west and east disc.

Streetz had alot of quotables on it. Kurupt was back in that battle mode on that

D&YG his rhymes are more reserved, sounds like he really focused more on writing songs then freestyling. Less quotables, but the songs were dope.

Space Boogie, it's like Kuruption, when it is dope it's dope, when it's bad it's bad.

I like the Kurupt with the dope rhymes and quotables. So for a solo album, you can't beat Tha Streetz. As far as his DP stuff D&YG best shows Kurupt post DR & DF lyrically consistent.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 10:19:15 AM »
Just my 2 cents:

Kuruption had dope tracks and some not so good. Alot from the west and east disc.

Streetz had alot of quotables on it. Kurupt was back in that battle mode on that

D&YG his rhymes are more reserved, sounds like he really focused more on writing songs then freestyling. Less quotables, but the songs were dope.

Space Boogie, it's like Kuruption, when it is dope it's dope, when it's bad it's bad.

I like the Kurupt with the dope rhymes and quotables. So for a solo album, you can't beat Tha Streetz. As far as his DP stuff D&YG best shows Kurupt post DR & DF lyrically consistent.

props on the intelligent response, I agree with the writing on D&YG he sounded like he wrote down his verses, I think that most of Streetz was actually freestyled which is one of the essentials of battle rap in that context but alot of times in freestyling you tend to repeat the same words just because of the fact it is off the dome,  Kuruption had some of his best work and if it were combined into one disc it maybe would be his best solo, I actually think he sounded hung over on alot of the tracks mainly just the sound in his voice ;D

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »
Just my 2 cents:

props on the intelligent response, I agree with the writing on D&YG he sounded like he wrote down his verses, I think that most of Streetz was actually freestyled which is one of the essentials of battle rap in that context but alot of times in freestyling you tend to repeat the same words just because of the fact it is off the dome,  Kuruption had some of his best work and if it were combined into one disc it maybe would be his best solo, I actually think he sounded hung over on alot of the tracks mainly just the sound in his voice ;D

Yeah his voice was fucked up on the 1st one. He was freestyling alot on Tha Streetz but it was dope as fuck. Sounds completely different then some of the freestyles on Space Boogie.

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 02:02:18 PM »
Streetz Iz A Mutha > Space Boogie > Kuruption >

IMO...  8)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 12:21:14 AM »
i love all kurupt albums..besides  a few tracks...lol...kurupt is at his best when he is writing rhymes that make sense....and not just some freestyling shit

shaydee

• 'G'
  • Witchdoctor new album OUT NOW!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 07:11:45 AM »
Kurupt was only good in 97-99... after that he full the fuck off hey

$Eg2$

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 10:56:15 AM »

I bet your Karma is gonna be goin negative LOL

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 11:21:05 AM »

I bet your Karma is gonna be goin negative LOL

it shouldn't though, its all a matter of opinion and he's expressing his, props to everybody in the thread

$Eg2$

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 11:22:55 AM »
^^^ Yeah I agree props back @ ya

d-nice

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 11:40:24 AM »
I think the general view of the forum is that Death Row period Kurupt was untouchable. Anything after that does not equal it but where people argue is whether or not he still drops dope material.

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 03:05:30 PM »
1993-1994
Chronic and Doggystyle.
Kurupts Flows were so RAW and Vicous.
Untouchable Shit.

Dogg Food
Kurupt was no longer using his 93-94 Flow but he introduced many Crazy NEW Flows.
DOPE AS FUCK.

Kuruption was cool but some of the guests on the EAST disc were so annoying I had to edit them out with Soundforge.
Some tracks were Dope like FRESH, Its a set up, GAME, Thats Gangsta, etc.
Kurupts flows were dope on some tracks and all over the place on others.
Overall the album was disappointing for me because of the east coast disc. (way too many lame guests).

Steetz Iz a Mutha was Dope as hell and to me.
The Production, guests, and Kurupt's flows were WAY doper than Kuruption.
I liked almost everytrack on this CD except "Live On The Mic"

Space Boogie was cool.
The good tracks were GREAT.
I Love "Space Boogie feat. Nate Dogg" and "Gangstaz" and few others.
Some of the other tracks were so-so.
Overall I liked Space Boogie But It is second to Streetz is A Mutha for me.

D & YG 1 was DOPE AS FUCK.
Period.

Kurupt Presents the originals
Some of my favorites are:
2. Kurupt and the Originals - Original
3. Kurupt - Final Testament Deep shit
7. Kurupt with Roscoe and CJ - Major Money Dope as Hell
8. Kurupt - I Didn't Change  Produced by J-Wells Deep shit
9. Kurupt and the Originals - Keep It True
15. Kurupt - Bang'n My Amps
16. Kurupt and CJ  - They Luv It  Dope as Hell
17. Kurupt - Eat A Dicc (Fuck Daz) RAW shit
"I didn't change" is one of my favorite tracks ever by ANY artist Ever.
So is "they Luv It".
This compilation really introduced the NEW Kurupt.
Starting HERE Kurupt's voice is deeper and more emotional.

2003-2005
Against tha Grain
With the missing tracks added and the lame tracks without Kurupt removed, this CD is PURE FIRE.
Flows, production, style, Everything.

D & G 2
Not as dope as D & YG 1 but it was cool that the Homies were back together.
Some tracks were dope as Hell and others were so-so.
Adding 3-5 gangsta tracks would have filled out this album a little better
Some of the tracks for the bitches were even dope like "say it' and "make me a believer"

Same Day Different Shit
DOPE As fuck.
Gd Up production , Vocals , Everything.
I know a lot of fans did not like this album but I put it on the same level as Streetz.
Scrape thu the Hood, Nina Breedas, As Time Fly By (Feat. Daz Dillinger), Gangstaz Part 2 (Feat. Daz Dillinger)
and many more.
The first "NEW KURUPT" Solo album.
Gangsta Shit! PURE FIRE!

Cal Iz Active.
Some Dope flows, Some Horrible.
With all snoops appearances and the various producers this album felt more like
a compilation with Kurupt and Daz as Guest stars.

2007 DOGG CHIT
I thought this album was cool overall with the exception of the 3 tracks for the bitches.

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

d-nice

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 03:09:39 PM »
1993-1994
Chronic and Doggystyle.
Kurupts Flows were so RAW and Vicous.
Untouchable Shit.

Dogg Food
Kurupt was no longer using his 93-94 Flow but he introduced many Crazy NEW Flows.
DOPE AS FUCK.

Kuruption was cool but some of the guests on the EAST disc were so annoying I had to edit them out with Soundforge.
Some tracks were Dope like FRESH, Its a set up, GAME, Thats Gangsta, etc.
Kurupts flows were dope on some tracks and all over the place on others.
Overall the album was disappointing for me because of the east coast disc. (way too many lame guests).

Steetz Iz a Mutha was Dope as hell and to me.
The Production, guests, and Kurupt's flows were WAY doper than Kuruption.
I liked almost everytrack on this CD except "Live On The Mic"

Space Boogie was cool.
The good tracks were GREAT.
I Love "Space Boogie feat. Nate Dogg" and "Gangstaz" and few others.
Some of the other tracks were so-so.
Overall I liked Space Boogie But It is second to Streetz is A Mutha for me.

D & YG 1 was DOPE AS FUCK.
Period.

Kurupt Presents the originals
Some of my favorites are:
2. Kurupt and the Originals - Original
3. Kurupt - Final Testament Deep shit
7. Kurupt with Roscoe and CJ - Major Money Dope as Hell
8. Kurupt - I Didn't Change  Produced by J-Wells Deep shit
9. Kurupt and the Originals - Keep It True
15. Kurupt - Bang'n My Amps
16. Kurupt and CJ  - They Luv It  Dope as Hell
17. Kurupt - Eat A Dicc (Fuck Daz) RAW shit
"I didn't change" is one of my favorite tracks ever by ANY artist Ever.
So is "they Luv It".
This compilation really introduced the NEW Kurupt.
Starting HERE Kurupt's voice is deeper and more emotional.

2003-2005
Against tha Grain
With the missing tracks added and the lame tracks without Kurupt removed, this CD is PURE FIRE.
Flows, production, style, Everything.

D & G 2
Not as dope as D & YG 1 but it was cool that the Homies were back together.
Some tracks were dope as Hell and others were so-so.
Adding 3-5 gangsta tracks would have filled out this album a little better
Some of the tracks for the bitches were even dope like "say it' and "make me a believer"

Same Day Different Shit
DOPE As fuck.
Gd Up production , Vocals , Everything.
I know a lot of fans did not like this album but I put it on the same level as Streetz.
Scrape thu the Hood, Nina Breedas, As Time Fly By (Feat. Daz Dillinger), Gangstaz Part 2 (Feat. Daz Dillinger)
and many more.
The first "NEW KURUPT" Solo album.
Gangsta Shit! PURE FIRE!

Cal Iz Active.
Some Dope flows, Some Horrible.
With all snoops appearances and the various producers this album felt more like
a compilation with Kurupt and Daz as Guest stars.

2007 DOGG CHIT
I thought this album was cool overall with the exception of the 3 tracks for the bitches.

well put homie, +1

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 03:14:40 PM »
Thanks Homie! 8)

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!