Author Topic: question for the Kurupt fans  (Read 571 times)

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
Re: question for the Kurupt fans
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 10:07:16 PM »
Big Ups to Tusken Raider, D Nice and HIGHEYEQUE.
You guys rock.
I'll be droping some Props about 75 posts from now.
LOL 8)

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

d-nice

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 10:27:27 PM »
3 solo!
big thangs ain't solo.
One of them is called sittin on somthing phat,can't remember the title for the last one,but you will find them in the dangerous crew hus.

My bad, I meant I got 2 left to get. Thanks for the info.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2007, 05:28:39 AM »
well got the idea from the homie D~Nice so here goes

Kuruption! - well Kurupts first solo and as is with most double albums if they were condensed to one would be alot tighter. Actually there are a lot of dope tracks on here kinda like the best and worst of Kurupt. Sounds like his voice is fucked up like he just woke up and recorded some of these tracks, favorite tracks are Fresh where this is straight outta Death Row with the sinister beat from Daz and Gotti spits some dope verses, C-Walk another classic beat which Tray Dee and Slip Capone drop some stellar verses. East Coast Disc contains some of Kurupts best solo tracks It's A Set Up and Game along with a dope freestyle session with Buckshot on Light Shit Up "Life's A Bitch and I love it" dope line by Gotti. This started the era where Kurupt started freestyling his verses

Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha - return to form for Gotti as he returns and delivers his best all around album, classic. Although this is not the Death Row Kurupt lyrically as he freestyled basically most of the album it is still dope as his delivery and flow are refined here and is just ferocious like GM Records stated, Trylogy probably Kurupts best all around freestyle of all time as he spits venom over an orchestrated beat which he rides perfectly, Step Up is another joint where Kurupt spits an amazing freestyled verse although Crooked I actually outshines him and Xzibit with his verse. The whole DPG click is here and kinda sounds like a Dogg Pound Gangsta Reuniion

Space Boogie - Kurupt takes a bit of a step back with this as he tries for the commercial tracks and they don't seem to work, he's best when he's spitting that raw gangsta shit like The Hardest Muthafuckas along with Ren and Xzibit and Bring Back That G Shit with Snoop and Goldie. On, Onsite is Kurupt at his best as Fred Wreck drops heat and really is the highlight of the album, a little inconsistent but the Fred beats and Gotti's flow make this a good overall album

Against The Grain - Kurupt's return to Death Row again with mixed results but partly not his fault some of the diss tracks from the album were removed since he reunited back with Daz before the album came out. Delivery wise this is an angry Kurupt and at his best when he spits fire on most of the tracks and the production mostly by Mark Sparks is very dope. A couple of throwaway tracks here and there but overall if it was combined with the tracks that later came out on the EP would probably be his second best album, dope

Same Day, Different Shit - first solo since back with Daz and Gotti spits consistently dope nothing mindblowing but is nice with it, Scrape Thru Tha Hood got much play in the system Gotti brings it lyrically and Daz drops probably his best beat in years along with Nina Breeda which is another dope joint. Gangstas Pt2 I go back and forth on the beat is kinda too much for me drowns out the vocals a little but overall this is a nice album

none of his albums are what I would call whack, maybe Kuruption! the most dissapointing just because of the expectations after the Death Row Kurupt and I think probably his 2 best solo tracks are actually on other albums Started on Last Of Tha Pound Kurupt drops 3 verses of pure crack and Loc'd Out Hood off of Gang Related where this is vintage Death Row Kurupt, as far as guest spots his verse on Got My Mind Made Up probably his best ever and his lines on Don't Stop "finally televised Kurupt, Daz and Nas, lethal with mics like guns, bats and knives" are some his best.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 05:59:59 AM by HighEyeCue »

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2007, 01:44:47 PM »
here's my 2 cents on Kurupt he definitely was the best MC on Death Row and I would put Rage 2nd on that list but somehow after he left his hunger dissapeared maybe a combination of too much drugs and hard living and therefore his skills diminished. I would say from around 1992 up to 1997 he was definitely a top 10 MC I mean he singlehandedly destroyed the haters in NYC who think that we somehow were not lyrically up to their standards with a couple of verses on NY, NY.and unless you are killed before you have the chance Every rapper falls off at some point, he just happened to fall off at the time he was about to go solo but I think Death Row just was sleeping on him because they should of at some point maybe around 1997 released a solo album and then you would've seen the classic that everybody was waiting for. Peace

props on the feedback, yeah a Kurupt solo on Death Row would've definitely been heat

d-nice

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2007, 02:18:40 PM »
Props on the review HighEyeCue, that was on point. Nina Breeda is my shit right now in the ride.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2007, 02:35:17 PM »
Props on the review HighEyeCue, that was on point. Nina Breeda is my shit right now in the ride.

thanx man, yep Nina Breeda definitely bangs

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »
well got the idea from the homie D~Nice so here goes

Kuruption! - well Kurupts first solo and as is with most double albums if they were condensed to one would be alot tighter. Actually there are a lot of dope tracks on here kinda like the best and worst of Kurupt. Sounds like his voice is fucked up like he just woke up and recorded some of these tracks, favorite tracks are Fresh where this is straight outta Death Row with the sinister beat from Daz and Gotti spits some dope verses, C-Walk another classic beat which Tray Dee and Slip Capone drop some stellar verses. East Coast Disc contains some of Kurupts best solo tracks It's A Set Up and Game along with a dope freestyle session with Buckshot on Light Shit Up "Life's A Bitch and I love it" dope line by Gotti. This started the era where Kurupt started freestyling his verses

Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha - return to form for Gotti as he returns and delivers his best all around album, classic. Although this is not the Death Row Kurupt lyrically as he freestyled basically most of the album it is still dope as his delivery and flow are refined here and is just ferocious like GM Records stated, Trylogy probably Kurupts best all around freestyle of all time as he spits venom over an orchestrated beat which he rides perfectly, Step Up is another joint where Kurupt spits an amazing freestyled verse although Crooked I actually outshines him and Xzibit with his verse. The whole DPG click is here and kinda sounds like a Dogg Pound Gangsta Reuniion

Space Boogie - Kurupt takes a bit of a step back with this as he tries for the commercial tracks and they don't seem to work, he's best when he's spitting that raw gangsta shit like The Hardest Muthafuckas along with Ren and Xzibit and Bring Back That G Shit with Snoop and Goldie. On, Onsite is Kurupt at his best as Fred Wreck drops heat and really is the highlight of the album, a little inconsistent but the Fred beats and Gotti's flow make this a good overall album

Against The Grain - Kurupt's return to Death Row again with mixed results but partly not his fault some of the diss tracks from the album were removed since he reunited back with Daz before the album came out. Delivery wise this is an angry Kurupt and at his best when he spits fire on most of the tracks and the production mostly by Mark Sparks is very dope. A couple of throwaway tracks here and there but overall if it was combined with the tracks that later came out on the EP would probably be his second best album, dope

Same Day, Different Shit - first solo since back with Daz and Gotti spits consistently dope nothing mindblowing but is nice with it, Scrape Thru Tha Hood got much play in the system Gotti brings it lyrically and Daz drops probably his best beat in years along with Nina Breeda which is another dope joint. Gangstas Pt2 I go back and forth on the beat is kinda too much for me drowns out the vocals a little but overall this is a nice album

none of his albums are what I would call whack, maybe Kuruption! the most dissapointing just because of the expectations after the Death Row Kurupt and I think probably his 2 best solo tracks are actually on other albums Started on Last Of Tha Pound Kurupt drops 3 verses of pure crack and Loc'd Out Hood off of Gang Related where this is vintage Death Row Kurupt, as far as guest spots his verse on Got My Mind Made Up probably his best ever and his lines on Don't Stop "finally televised Kurupt, Daz and Nas, lethal with mics like guns, bats and knives" are some his best.

Props Homie.
On Point, As usual.
 :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2007, 01:08:13 AM »
well I just got finished listening to some recent Kurupt stuff that I admit have not checked for him in recent years, I started with Against Tha Grain which I guess was his Death Row album that he recorded when he went back and really was not impressed at all initially I wasn't going to listen to the whole thing but I gave it a chance and maybe 3 or 4 songs that I liked the one with 2Pac never heard that one before, probably the best verses I have heard him spit in a while also

just updating this is actually better than I first thought, absolutely love the production on this sounds very different form the typical Daz beats and Kurupt I thought lyrically he was above average on this one much better than what I heard from him recently he ripped several tracks and I like the guest spots this Eastwood cat can spit, MOP on a West Coast album something that I never thought I'd see, originally I only liked maybe 4 tracks but I have to say at least half the album is dope, only one question to the original thread starter or whoever can answer this who is Kurupt talking about on Deep Dishes?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 02:35:32 AM by DSIW »

JuicyJ

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2007, 04:02:08 AM »
Belly feat kurupt- im the man .. good track
" Tired of play making, like fuck madden- ima throw bullets like troy aikman " - Ya boy

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2007, 06:05:12 AM »
well I just got finished listening to some recent Kurupt stuff that I admit have not checked for him in recent years, I started with Against Tha Grain which I guess was his Death Row album that he recorded when he went back and really was not impressed at all initially I wasn't going to listen to the whole thing but I gave it a chance and maybe 3 or 4 songs that I liked the one with 2Pac never heard that one before, probably the best verses I have heard him spit in a while also

just updating this is actually better than I first thought, absolutely love the production on this sounds very different form the typical Daz beats and Kurupt I thought lyrically he was above average on this one much better than what I heard from him recently he ripped several tracks and I like the guest spots this Eastwood cat can spit, MOP on a West Coast album something that I never thought I'd see, originally I only liked maybe 4 tracks but I have to say at least half the album is dope, only one question to the original thread starter or whoever can answer this who is Kurupt talking about on Deep Dishes?

I think he is dissing copycat rapppers he goes off on DMX, Ja Rule, 50 Cent, Nas basically saying that there is no new Pac or Biggie on the Intro and continues it in Deep Dishes

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2007, 04:40:30 PM »

I think he is dissing copycat rapppers he goes off on DMX, Ja Rule, 50 Cent, Nas basically saying that there is no new Pac or Biggie on the Intro and continues it in Deep Dishes

I LUV that track "Speak On It" 8)