Author Topic: Let's Face it, Dr Dre Has Fallen off Big Time  (Read 701 times)

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
Re: Let's Face it, Dr Dre Has Fallen off Big Time
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2001, 04:07:44 PM »
I wish this cat would answer my question.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

Sikotic™

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2001, 05:32:48 PM »
Damn! I dissappear a day and this topic comes up. Everyone already said how I feel so I'll just say one thing:

Dre is on top of the game right now. no other producer is in as much demand these days. the brotha ain't even seen on T.V. or in public cause he is so busy and in demand with others. I think rappers know when someones the best or not. You don't see people beggin Manny Fresh to work for them right now cause to be honest, he kinda sucks. At least to me

Well that was more than one thing I had to say.LOL
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

CWalker187

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2001, 07:11:41 PM »

I think CWalker187 has given up.  This really isn't an arguement he can win.  Dre is one of the best producers out now.  

Actually, you guys are the ones who aren't going to win the arguement. You still havent shown me any proof that Dre hasnt fallen off. No one has even answered my initial question: name some songs that Dre has done the past 5 years or so that can compare with classics like Straight Outta Compton, Deep Cover, Nuthin But A G Thing, Gin and Juice, and California Love. The Next Episode is the only song that comes close...too bad the original was 100 times doper.

Instead, you guys are talking about irrelevent things like record sales (as if record sales reflected quality music, if that was the case Vanilla ice would be a hip hop legend). You also talked about how many albums NWA did, Dre's popularity in England, and a bunch of things that are pointless. Get back to the topic at hand, is Dre as dope now as he was 8 years ago? All the proof says no he is not.

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2001, 07:14:43 PM »
damn drop tha fuckin topic already........
fo real.......
we know dre is at tha top of tha game.. its just cwalker187 dont know it or think it... thas ur opinion man.. but in tha truth.... dre is at tha top

CWalker187

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2001, 07:18:42 PM »

CWalker187, I have a question though. If dre has fallin' off and is now just an average eastcoast  producer. Who do you consider to be the best producer in the game today.

In my opinion, DJ Quik is the best producer in hip hop right now. Quik uses virtually no samples, he can actually play instruments, and he doesnt have a ton of ghost producers that he sues for ideas. Plus his albums are bumpin from start to finish.

I would also rank  Battlecat before Dre. I guess Dre would be my third favorite producer right now, but he is still my all time favorite because of his back catalogue. I wont hold his current mediocrity against him.

Sikotic™

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2001, 08:21:44 PM »
the next episode
phone tap
still dre
xxplosive
x
u know
the real slijm shady
remember me
the watcher
light speed
let me blow ya mind
been there done that
forgot about dre

Crem named 13 beats right there that are up to par and on the level of Straight Outta Compton, Deep Cover, Nuthin But A G Thing, Gin and Juice, Let Me Ride, Natural Born Killaz and California Love and much more.

I don't think your readin any of those posts cause peeps have already proven the point that Dre is on top over and over again.

Open your mind and listen to how complex the beats are from Dre now. Sure he doesn't do the same thing but like everyone is sayin he is changing. That old g-funk gangsta music is getting old to most people, not to me though. It took me awhile to get used to Dre's new ish but I listened to everything closely and in my opinion they are of more quality now.

Open ya mind!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2001, 08:24:57 PM »
let's see

still d.r.e----classic

next episode----classic

forgot about dre----classic

bitch please----classic

been there done that -----classic

lay low-----classic

the real smlim shady (although i'm sick of it)---classic

every thing dre produced on d-12's album was bangalangin'

the 3 tracks he made on xzibit's album were dope as fuck

henn and buddah isn't classic really but is way above average

and he's done more to this date that i would say will be in his classic catelouge

so there i just answered your question and oh yeah any thing quik has done or will do dre has done or done better

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2001, 08:28:08 PM »
;D real true ...
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"