Author Topic: Let's Face it, Dr Dre Has Fallen off Big Time  (Read 695 times)

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
Re: Let's Face it, Dr Dre Has Fallen off Big Time
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2001, 05:12:19 PM »

I don't agree with that at all. In my opinion Dre is the best in the game at what he does, I also think he can rap pretty well too. I thought Chronic 2001 was dope, a close match to the original that's considered a classic. If you had to ask me which was better Chronic or 2001 i'd seriously have to think about it, im not down with this whole  Chronics a classic therefore I HAVE TO think it's better then anything else Dre puts out. I don't even think Dres put out his best material yet. I respect Dre for what he's accomplished and his producing skills but the only area I think he fell off in is the respect area. After Suge Knight bascially stripped him of his manhood it's hard to hear Dre make a record and not laugh when he's talking about killing people with machine guns after smoking a blunt. It's considered almost common knowledge in the streets and in the industry that Dres a pussy and his gangsta image a hudge act. I know personally after hearing Suge Knight say the things he said and Dre not standing up for himself like any man would do I lost ALOT of respect for DRE. Vanilla Ice has been known to speak out more against Suge Knight then Dre has. In my opinion if a man shits in your face you atleast try and wipe it off , DRE didn't even try. His sidekick Eminem is the same way, he's a hudge fake act. This whole I don't give a fuck about the world image sells great, but it's not real, it's not Eminem. Eminem carries a fake gun, is to scared to fight ICP in a charity boxing match , disses teenage pop stars, this tells me Eminem does care about some things. The image he portrays for himself sells where as Eminem the pussy the actor doesn't. I think Eminem will definetly become the next Vanilla Ice. As he continues to diss pop stars and people who aren't physical threats to him some real nigah one day is going to step to Eminem and take him to task and be like yo nigah why don't you diss me. Then mr I dont give a fuck will be exploited and his image shot. The only other popular white rapper in the game was hung over a balcony and forced to sign over money, I wonder what will happen to wise ass, shit talking Eminem.

yo dawg, that shit bout em.....that shit is wack.....he wont become the next vanilla ice at all, he is tight, now drop this topic bout him!!!!!

peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

Tecknine

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2001, 05:41:18 PM »
Yo what up. I really disagree with your post..Dre is Way above any producers shit.

DJ Stew

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2001, 05:49:17 PM »
his stuff is still pretty good but try listening to The Chronic then Chronic 2001 right after, NO compairison!~
"I ain't got time for bitches, gotta keep my mind on my muthafuckin riches"  Pac

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2001, 06:01:38 PM »
You know.....I respect Everyones opinion..in all.........

But Thats Some Of The Biggest Bullshit I have Seen On This Board!

No Disrespect, but damn......who in this game can you name that has produced has changed and evolved with the times?  Shit, Dre, has Alternative Acts, Pop Acts, wanting to work with him.  Paul McCartney, Michael Jackson,No Doubt to name a few.  I really dont care what he raps about on his songs, have the shit everybody spits nowadays is 100% Bullshit anyways.  But we buy it cause it sounds good and at least some of us that has gangbanged can relate to it.  Fallin off...no..i dont think so.  Chronic was a classic for its time.  Shit there still isnt too many CD's that can touch the Chronic.  How many CD's that have come out Since 2001 can touch that CD?  A couple? if that?  Clean the Wax out of your ears partna,  All those beats out there, are recycled beats with no effort put into the sound and the effect to bring out the artist.  Dre can hear shit you and I cant when it comes to music.  Who else in the industry could put a White Boy on, with some tight ass beats...and make us all like him or hate him, but the beats were tight?

World Class Wreckin Crew, NWA, Chronic,Doggystyle,Slim Shady,D-12,2001......

Every single time he comes out with some beats, it is on point with previous work or its better...

Shit he must be doing something right..if Rakim the Don is fuckin with him.......

Nuff Said......

Peace Hambone
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

CWalker187

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2001, 06:11:10 PM »
Just like I predicted, you guys are in serious denial about Dre falling off.

Let me ask a serious question. Think about all the classic songs Dre has put out in his career. I am talking about the kind of songs people will be listening to 20 years from now: Straight Outta Compton, Deep Cover, Nothin But a G Thing, Gin and Juice, California Love, etc

Now think back for about the last 5 years or so. Name me some songs Dre has produced in that time span that are classics like the ones I listed above. Been There Done That? Hi My Name Is? Still DRE? Face it, while he has some good songs, he hasnt been putting out any classic material. He is an average producer now.

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2001, 06:16:31 PM »
Hey....its your opinion........its all good.........

Lets see..............

The haters...are at Sea Level.....

Dre is at Mt Everest level.........

Respect your opinion though..

Peace...Hambone...
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2001, 08:43:58 PM »
ok whatever if you think dre is an average producer than all the other producers in the world must be retarted and horrible.....

i'm not in denial in any way , your just forcing your fucked up opinion into fact your one of those people i call.....IGNORANT

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

DreDayEveryday

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2001, 08:49:29 PM »
How can you say Dre has fallen off?  Everything he makes is a hit.

-Lay Low
-Forgot about Dre
-Next Episode
-Let me blow your mind
-X
-Still D.R.E.

I mean these are all super hot songs and some of the biggest songs of the past few years in music in general.  So a post on Dre falling off is really lame.  And on a side note--I hope the Dre/Gay rumors are true.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2001, 08:52:06 PM »
i know how can you say he fell off when some of those songs have already been out for a year and half and still get mad love and radio play??

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2001, 09:12:51 PM »
Dre is the best producer ever...aint nothin else to say

grimace

• 'G'
  • I know she know, ima dog, but i liked the way she licked my balls. I know she knows, i aint shit, but i liked the way she sucked my dick.
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2001, 10:23:48 PM »
Dre gave up the G-Funk sound. He perfected it, mastered it, and left it and moved on to other sounds. It hasn't been until years after he left it behind that people like Battlecat, Fred Wreck, Meech Wells, Jelly Roll, and many others have been able produce the G-Funk sound good enough to step to him. In 5 or 6 years, Dre will have another diffrent sound, while the rest of the producers are still trying to perfect the one he has now.

mellowman

• 'G'
  • peace and funk y'all........al l y'all
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2001, 10:45:47 PM »
this gentleman is entitled to his opinion. you're a new poster so i realize the best way to get attention is to bring up a post you know everyone will be mad at. but if you want to try and force this opinion down our throat you better come with a better arguement than this. first of all if you don't like dre's newer style's, thats fine. but that doesn't mean he's fallen off. let me ask you. have you ever produced a hit record? have you been in the studio with dre? if you haven't you have no possible credentials to judge that dre has fallen off. you think dre's sounds are east coast now. wrong. dre makes music. he doesn't corner himself into one type of music. his different styles have been copied every time he's tried a new one. besides how many east coast producers use virtually 100 percent live instruments.the answer is none.  and to blame mel man for anything is ludicrous.then you compared the message to blow your mind. in case you didn't know dre didn't even produce the message. and the beats aren't even close. nwa had 3 albums not 2.  and meech wells, battlecat and fred wreck are all using dre's 2001 style in a lot of their productions.
dre's newer music is probably just as if not more complex than his old stuff. it is stripped down but it is layered with multi instruments, vocals and sound affects. and the reason dre is a better producer now more than ever is because everything is starting from scratch. before 2001 virtually every dre beat was based on a sample and used live instruments to build onto the samples. now dre rarely uses any sample.every track is built on live instumentations. and as dre uses this style more he will get better. you also stated that in his ruthless years he took a year for each project. you are so wrong its not even funny. straight outta compton was put together in 6 weeks. from 87 to 91 dre produced 10 albums. nwa and the posse, jj fad, eazy duz it, straight outta compton,the doc, above the law, michell'le, 100 miles and runnin, niggazforlife and jimmy z. no album took more than 6 months. and right now dre is more respected in the music community than ever. a gangsta rap producer won the grammy for producer of the year! thats something i never thought i'd see. michael jackson, madonna, paul mc cartney, virtually every rap and r&b performer and  many others want to work with him. he's selling more records than he ever has. just cause you are stuck in the past doesn't mean dre's gonna stay there. you can stay in the past and fall behind. dre ain't gonna do that. there are two types of people in the world.people who sets trends and people who follow trends. dre sets trends. he knows people aren't gonna like every style he tries or every song he produces. but he's gonna innovate and try new things.
so to cwalker187. don't come on here saying dre's fallen off. you are more than welcome to say that you dislike or hate dre's recent music. but you sound ignorant and unknowledgable about producing by posting these types of things. and don't tell us that we're in denial about dre's falling off. you ain't god. heck your not even a record producer. whatever you belive is fine. but don't tell us he's fallen off. like you have any authority over any music being put out. cause you have no clue and almost everyone is going to disagree with you. i love dre's styles from yesteryear as much as you. but he is a much more complete producer than he has ever been.and anyone who know anything about musical talent, and making records and working in the studio would laugh at your comments. so until you produce a great record, sit in the studio with dre ,and talk to legends in the music industry (like quincy jones, jimmy iovine,paul mc cartney and too many others to name, who heap praise on dre) don't come on here telling us that dre's fallen off. i understand and respect your opinion about loving dre's old styles more than his new styles. but your comments that dre has fallen off show ignorance and a great lack of respect. and i promise you dre is gonna take more than a year to make detox. it will be unlike anything dre has ever done.your gonna get some funk, some up tempo tracks and if you buy the 5.1 version of it you will experience an incredible sonic boom like you've never heard before. and rakim's album is gonna be superb as well. i'm not gonna get into how i know, you can ask people on this board and they can tell you about me. please don't come back to this board unless you intelligently discuss your views. and if you decide to dis me like a coward i'm gonna laugh.i an't gonna respond cause i've spent more than enough time on your post. you got the attention you wanted so i hope your happy.but this is all the attention you're gonna get from me or 90 percent of this board.
dre will fall off some day. he's gonna fall off into retirement. when he does he's gonna land in the hall of fame. he's gonna land on a 9 figure net worth and many years with a beautiful family and a life you can only DREAM of. and he's gonna land as a musical legend. but right now dre is still gonna innovate, set trends, keep improving, trying more styles, continue making platinum records every time he touches one and remaining the top producer in music.  if you disagree fine. but don't preach to us and don't preach to me. you're a fan watching from thr outside. people like me, dre and every other person ivolved in the music industry work in the trenches. we live this shit. music is our life and we pour our heart and souls into our music. forus and for you. so don't show the disrespect you just showed on this post til you've done the shit we've done.
to everyone else, i still have not talked about how dre's gonna use 5.1 sound.i promise i'll talk about that next week. til then keep the peace.
I take 7 mc's and put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it will take 7 more before i go for mine
Now that's 21 mc's ate up at the same time

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2001, 10:54:31 PM »
Man....just in Mellomans First paragraph....makes this subject matter mute...

have u produced a hit record.......LOL
Have you been in the studio with Dre.........LOL
If not u have no credentials.....LOL....

that right there.....would shut my azzz up! LOL

YO Oversseer......give this man like 5 or 6 stars.....

Peace Hambone

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2001, 11:38:46 PM »
i told c-walker187 he was gonna get chorizo slapped by mellow man,lol

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2001, 11:52:32 PM »

In a nutshell homiez....the reason the change in Dre's sound since "The Chronic" has nothing to do with Suge.....Mel-man.....or any other producer in the game...it has to do with color.............GREEN

(As as Dre falling off......that's not even a question to discuss.......)

Fucken samples are expensive to clear now a day's...those day's (80's thru early 90's) of jackin' James Brown and Parliment for hooks and breaks are pretty much over......unless your willing to shell out major loot......what would you do?

I'd rather produce all original sounds as well....think about it. :'(