Author Topic: ESPN News reporting Shaq for Marion trade  (Read 1305 times)

GangstaBoogy

ESPN News reporting Shaq for Marion trade
« on: February 05, 2008, 04:10:49 PM »
LMAO damn I guess we really shook up the Suns. But I don't know why they'd trade Marion for Shaq, that'd just make it easier for us to beat them.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

thisoneguy360

Re: ESPN News reporting Shaq for Marion trade
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 04:22:29 PM »
 ???

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 05:03:53 PM »
 :yikes:
Good Trade if True, WoW! Both teams will Defo Improve.
Wade get's Some scoring help & Nash get's an Inside pressence.

Holly shit, Laker's Shook The entire league with Their deal..
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 07:07:24 AM by Hatesrats™ »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 05:12:01 PM »
w...w...WHAT????

that would be fucking crazy
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 05:17:24 PM »
no way that trade happens as is. it doesnt make sense for PHX at all from a talent or a money standpoint

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 05:27:42 PM »
damn that shiet is crazy. i know marion is unhappy in PHX and probly wants out, so it could make sense to move him before he tries to leave on his own. shaq and amare together would be sicc.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3232862

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 05:28:56 PM »
shaq's contract must be alot larger than Marion's right?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sparegeez

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 05:30:24 PM »
Two overrated players IMO

F-cisco

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 05:52:40 PM »
I don't see it happening. Suns passed on KG this summer, he plays with so much passion and is a MVP candidate. Why would they want 35 year old broken down center?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 05:53:35 PM »
shaq's contract must be alot larger than Marion's right?

Not by as much as you would think. The reported deal is Shawn Marion + Marcus Banks for Shaq. But Dallas is interested too.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sparegeez

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 05:54:06 PM »
I don't see it happening. Suns passed on KG this summer, he plays with so much passion and is a MVP candidate. Why would they want 35 year old broken down center?

Especially with the kind of offense they run. Shaq would be lagging behind in every play.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 06:03:30 PM »
Excellent... that slows down their offense and gets rid of the pesky Marion at the same time. Hopefully it goes through.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 06:50:45 PM »

Suns didn't pass on KG, they just wanted Marion+Barbosa and then some...This trade makes no sense for Phoenix. They wont even get 40 games a year out of Shaq at this stage and he doesn't even fit into their offense to begin with. If this goes down, the Heat might have pulled a bigger steal than the Lakers.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 07:03:44 PM »
IF this is legit (and 90% of the NBA trade rumors aren't), I really don't get this.  Doesn't Marion make like $14M / yr?  When does that contract expire?  Shaq's on the hook for $20M for the next, what 2 years? 

He totally doesn't fit PHX's system, and even if they put him out there he might have a seizure from all the running.  Marion is a decent player, but of course playing in PHX pads his stats.  He should be happy to be here.  Maybe PHX really believes that Shaq has been injured and still has something in the tank? 

I just don't see this working for PHX, but I admit it'd be interesting watching these 2 teams go head up if Shaq were in the mix.

D~Nice

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 08:43:59 PM »
I am going to play Devil's Advocate because I am bored, but for the record I don't think this trade will work.

The main reason Phoenix is even entertaining this trade is for a couple reasons. The Amare posing as a center idea is played out. The only way he is going to be effective is if you move him to PF. He is not a good defender and picks up fouls too easy.

Phoenix is starting to realize when the game is tight, they need to have some half court sets. That is what's killing them along with having no inside presence in the 4th quarter.

Now I don't think if they got Shaq they want him playing alot of minutes. Just more or less for him to be ready come the 4th quarter to be a presence inside to get rebounds and alter shots.

Now back to reality, Shaq is 35, injury prone and Phoenix would have to change their plays to accomodate him. Don't see it happening. A Kwame Brown type player or Kwame peferrably would fit better in their system. I don't know why Brian Skinner does not get more minutes.