Author Topic: Developers bow down to GTA IV release week.... except the Mighty Nintendo  (Read 343 times)

Trauma-san

So, the week GTA IV comes out, no other releases are coming out.... except Nintendo announced yesterday that they're releasing Mario Kart Wii 2 days before GTA IV.  Baaallllzzzzyyyyyy  Mario Kart and GTA head to head. 

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
50 cent = mario kart

kanye = gta

give mario a 4 leaf clover, lucky charms, and potent shroom and he still wont fuck with GTA. 

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

E. J. Rizo

good week for gaming... they are both different target markets that i thinkn will both sell well....

"Mom i want that new Grand Theft Auto game!"

"look son i told you you cant play that game... but hey look there is a new Mario Kart Game out!"

i think they will both do fine.... i dont think i can afford a ps3 at the time so its mario kart for me until i can afford it.

Trauma-san

50 cent = mario kart

kanye = gta

give mario a 4 leaf clover, lucky charms, and potent shroom and he still wont fuck with GTA. 

You sure about that?  Lemme preach a lil' knowledge to you.  The Wii is the most installed system in the world.  Game reviews of the game will likely deem it the higher score of the two, plus, it doesn't have an adult rating limiting it's audience.  Mario Kart is an almost globally admired franchise, 3 year olds to 80 year olds like it... GTA you cut out the entire teen and preteen demographic of game players.  I would not be suprised at all to see Mario Kart Wii outsell the PS3 AND 360 version of GTA IV. 

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 cent = mario kart

kanye = gta

You sure about that?  Lemme preach a lil' knowledge to you.  The Wii is the most installed system in the world.  Game reviews of the game will likely deem it the higher score of the two, plus, it doesn't have an adult rating limiting it's audience.  Mario Kart is an almost globally admired franchise, 3 year olds to 80 year olds like it... GTA you cut out the entire teen and preteen demographic of game players.  I would not be suprised at all to see Mario Kart Wii outsell the PS3 AND 360 version of GTA IV. 

I agree with some of what you said, however I would not be surprised if GTA scores higher overall then mariokart. Don't get me wrong , I love mario kart,have been playing it since the SNES but GTA4 is looking to be really sick, espicially with rockstar adding online play(15 different game modes, 16 player online mayem). The two games are totally different so it is impossible to compare the two, I know Ill be getting both for sure, Im actually anticipating Mariokart more personally but im thinking GTA4 is gonna be sick and right up there for Game of the year.

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sales wise, the Wii game that will end up with similar or higher numbers than GTA IV is Brawl. 

Matty

mario kart gets a european release on april 11. when i checked a few days ago you couldn't even put a pre-order down with the biggest online retailers like play and amazon due to demand. methinks it'll sell out instantly everywhere...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
50 cent = mario kart

kanye = gta

True, but Mario Kart is the shit.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Stick with your kiddy games nintendo guy, lol.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yea both games are gonna be sick, regardless of sales and everything else, it will be a good week for gamers  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Trauma-san

50 cent = mario kart

kanye = gta

I agree with some of what you said, however I would not be surprised if GTA scores higher overall then mariokart. Don't get me wrong , I love mario kart,have been playing it since the SNES but GTA4 is looking to be really sick, espicially with rockstar adding online play(15 different game modes, 16 player online mayem). The two games are totally different so it is impossible to compare the two, I know Ill be getting both for sure, Im actually anticipating Mariokart more personally but im thinking GTA4 is gonna be sick and right up there for Game of the year.

You should trust your instincts more.  You just said "I like this one better but I think the other one will do better".  Why is that?  The reason you're more hyped for Mario Kart is because *most* people are more hyped for Mario Kart.  We'll just have to see, but I think that they at least have a chance of matching their sales. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
50 cent = mario kart

kanye = gta

this makes no sense. Kanye had a CD that was easy for the general public like Mario Kart, and 50 Cent was the more hardcore artist so his more like GTA.

I say Mario Kart sells more... everyone from stoners to little kids to old time gamers in their 30's can play. GTA is basically your 18-25 crowd that has money because they ain't got shit... but that's a small number compared to Mario Karts market... everyone else including that crowd. The GTA crowd is the majority in DubCC... but it ain't shit in the general public.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mario Kart Double Dash - 4.67 Million copies world wide
Super Smash Bros. Melee- 7 Million copies world wide
Grand Theft Auto III- 12 million copies world wide
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City- 15 million copies world wide
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas- 20 million copies world wide

Grand Theft Auto IV is going to hit 9million plus by the end of the year, at least.  Smash Bros. is Nintendo's strongest game, it will easily pass Mario Galaxy's numbers and Mario Kart isn't going to come close to Brawl. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 11:46:58 AM by Mr. Javii »

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
Mario Kart Double Dash - 4.67 Million copies world wide
Super Smash Bros. Melee- 7 Million copies world wide
Grand Theft Auto III- 12 million copies world wide
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City- 15 million copies world wide
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas- 20 million copies world wide

Grand Theft Auto IV is going to hit 9million plus by the end of the year, at least.  Smash Bros. is Nintendo's strongest game, it will easily pass Mario Galaxy's numbers and Mario Kart isn't going to come close to Brawl. 

But notice how GTA among the likes of Fifa and other various 'only good for that year' games are the most traded in titles?
Once people play through GTA once, hell maybe twice, they end up trading it in. The case for this GTA maybe different because of the multiplayer capability, but yeah we'll see.

Plus, i notice those numbers you got also may include other formats. Often GTA nowadays is shared among other consoles where as one particular Mario kart title sticks with that console (Mario kart is never released twice on the same nintendo console).

Plus....Mario Kart DS
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
All I'm saying is that it's impossible for Mario Kart to outsell GTA IV, the reasons are obvious...I don't know why someone would think otherwise.