Author Topic: Obie Trice - Cheers  (Read 489 times)

Lucifuge

Obie Trice - Cheers
« on: April 10, 2008, 10:56:40 PM »
what u think did he sell more if the firist singl was the song "bad bitch" prod by timberlend, not that eminem shity "got some teeth's",beckous i think is a very dope album.whots your option's.

sorry ma english is bad :)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Invincible

Re: Obie Trice - Cheers
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 06:13:43 AM »
No, if he released Shit Hits The Fan as a first single, it would of sold more.

As you said, dope album.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 06:22:44 AM »
i think Bad Bitch woulda been a good choice of single.

Okka

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 06:27:57 AM »
Yeah, "Bad Bitch" might've been a better choice, "Got Some Teeth" was a fuckin stupid choice for a single. "The Set Up" and "Don't Come Down" was way mo' better.

smegma

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 06:42:26 AM »
Yeah, "Bad Bitch" might've been a better choice, "Got Some Teeth" was a fuckin stupid choice for a single. "The Set Up" and "Don't Come Down" was way mo' better.

The only Obie Trice video I've ever seen on tv was Got Some Teeth. A lot of people liked that song.

Rap fans liked The Set Up, but the mainstream audience didn't like that song...

Intriago33

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 06:44:30 AM »
The only Obie Trice video I've ever seen on tv was Got Some Teeth. A lot of people liked that song.

Exactly. I have friends who don't listen to Hip Hop, but they know that track still to this day. I think it was a pretty good choice for a single.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 11:40:06 AM »
obie's album was full of tracks that could have been a singles. Got some teeth was a good novelty track but i thought it was a bad choice for single, it was too similar to eminems 1st singles when he realises an album.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 11:49:02 AM »
"the set up" gets shit poppin

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 12:43:59 PM »

Got some teeth was the reason that album sold and eventually went platinum. You might not think it was a good song but as far as being catchy, it hit the mark amongst the mainstream.

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 12:46:24 PM »
fantastic album besides a few tracks (got some teeth being 1 of them)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 03:51:33 PM »
"the set up" gets shit poppin
yessir. It STILL gets radio play out here!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 08:04:21 PM »
cheers was dope...GOT SOME TEETH WAS A DOPE SONG TOO! 8)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 09:00:55 PM »
got some teeth was the reason the album didnt sell as well as it could have...i said years and years back when the album dropped that it wouldnt sell well because obie targeted the first single at ppl who already were copping the album before the single even dropped....the shady record eminem groupies who would have bought the album regardless of quality...you see he already had a whole host of white boys in the can but he should have went and targeted the niggaz....niggaz were already sayin obies eminens slave and then when he dropped got some teeth, he basiclly lost all support from niggaz becaus i still dont know a nigga who copped cheers....if he released the setup...bad bitch or oh as the first single he would have sold alot more....got some teeth works with eminem because all the white kids will buy it because thats his forte and they can all relate to him doin that corny shit but when obie drops a got some teeth, nigga looses all credibility he had...and it showed with his sales...back then just hittin platinum was considered a weak effort especially by shady or aftermath...

Got some teeth was a horrible chioce for first single and ruined obies career imo....never thought he was anything special anyways, got outshone on every beat he had a guest on in cheers and also had some of the best dre beats post 2001 on cheers but really those beats were wasted on obie

pz

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 05:12:59 PM »
OH!>any other song

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 05:26:34 PM »
OH!>any other song

you're speaking just in terms of cheers right?

If so i pretty much agree...basically the dre tracks on that album are>>>that any othe song on that album imo....setup is a monster instrumental wise and nate kills the hook...oh is a off the chain too