Author Topic: I want yall's opinion  (Read 286 times)

Kool Beenz

I want yall's opinion
« on: June 16, 2008, 02:12:35 AM »
ok well as yall know i am a mexican america or hispanic or chicano or latino whatever the fuck you wanna call me
i was born and raised in texas and if anyone calls me a wetback or mojow i get pist off and offended...
but now i am dating a guatamalian chick... she is a legal alien i guess you would say she has her papers her drivers license and green card and so on... so she is officially an american citizen i guess
it took her family around 10 years to recieve their papers and citizenship and move here to the united states.
well she calls herself a "mojow" or "wetback" but i get really upset with her because when i was growing up my family taught me that being a mojow or wetback was a bad thing... and i only think she is if she is an illegal alien but she is not
but she insist thats what she is. and i have also worked with mexicans and other southern american people that are from other countries but moved here legally and they all claim to be mojows and they dont get offended by saying it. BUT if you call any mexican american that was born here in the united states a mojow or wetback we get pist off and wanna kick ass and especially if your not latino...

well what im trying to get at is do yall think she is a mojow just because she is from a latin country and came to the U.S. legally?
and to the hispanics....
do yall get offended when someone referes to you as a mojow or wetback?
and what is yall's take on this

and another thing i dont support illegal immigration at all but i think if your here legally from another country that is fine...

lets discuss

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: I want yall's opinion
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 07:33:25 AM »
What's a mojow? Never heard that, what's it supposed to mean?

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 08:37:49 AM »
I play it the same way black people play it with the N word.

I really dont get offended when my own people say it to me or call themselves that. I only get mad if someone not hispanic/latino says something.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 08:49:14 AM »
I don't get mad anymore, it's just a word. If somebody is offending me, it doesn't even matter what word they use, it's all in the intention.  I've never really heard the term, "mojow" but I have heard "mojado" (I guess mojado is pronounced without the D sound by Guatemalans?)  The thing is that many latinos that are citizens are calling the illegal immigrants wetbacks.  That's just fucked up IMO.  In the end, it's just a word, don't let it get to you. 

Sparegeez

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 11:27:02 AM »
Whites, Blacks and Asians only use it to hurt the Latino's feelings man. If it don't hurt you, then they just look like idiots. So don't let it get to you. Laugh at them actually TRYING to get you mad and upset.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 04:45:24 PM »
Whites, Blacks and Asians only use it to hurt the Latino's feelings man. If it don't hurt you, then they just look like idiots. So don't let it get to you. Laugh at them actually TRYING to get you mad and upset.

words of a straight bitch ^

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 09:26:07 PM »
yeah now that i think about it i dont really care too much now that im older...

but do yall think she is a mojow just becuase she is from another country?

mojado=mojow=wetback

Sparegeez

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 09:38:04 PM »

Dude, shut the fuck up lol

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 09:58:28 PM »
yeah now that i think about it i dont really care too much now that im older...

but do yall think she is a mojow just becuase she is from another country?

mojado=mojow=wetback

dude if you want to get technical on it a "Mojado" or "Wetback" is a term for someone coming into the country Illegally... the term came from mostly Mexicans going across the Rio Grande so the term wetback comes as they are crossing the river to get across.  So no she isn't a Mojado or Mojada or a Wetback... but who gives a fuck... just live life.. if you are happy with her who cares... have fun... now what she definitely is is a CHAPIN! ;-)

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 10:05:38 PM »
Sounds like tis the same thing as the N word.

no one, NO ONE should be using it, there is no proper situation for it. 

-KIDRENEGADE-

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 10:09:03 PM »

your a bitch and a retard face it.

Sparegeez

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 10:09:42 PM »

Ok whatever, just shut up.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 10:22:48 PM »

Ok whatever, just shut up.

lol yea ima shut up juz cuz you said so. punk has nothing else to say. y dont you hurry up and get your tat about your loser father which ur gonna laser surgery off when ur middle aged.

Sparegeez

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 11:19:30 PM »
my only explaination is that mexicans and just about every other latin culture HATES being mixed with the other. like if you were to call me puerto rican i'd get pissed, but if you called a puerto rican a mexican same result. i'm thinking that's the case here.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09