Author Topic: DUBCNN: Long Beach group FrattHouse Release Controversial "New West" Track [Audi  (Read 897 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

The Long Beach group FrattHouse just hit us up with a new track called "New West", which is sure to raise a few eyebrows. FrattHouse consists of G.B. (the son of RBX) and E-Money (cousin of Snoop Dogg).

On "New West", they use a part of dubcnn's Ice Cube interview, where Cube is asked about getting behind a new artist. FrattHouse break down their problems with the old school artists on the West Coast and explain why it's time for the New West. The track was produced by up and coming producer Amplified, who you probably know through his work with Battlecat.

I'm gonna let you check it out yourselves, listen to "New West" below:

FrattHouse - New West (Prod. by Amplified)

We've also got another FrattHouse joint for ya'll, this is the single off their upcoming album "FrattHouse University" which will be dropping in the first quarter of '09. This one was produced by G-Flow:

FrattHouse - Hot For Real (Prod. by G-Flow)

"FrattHouse University" is set to feature Glasses Malone, Daz Dillinger, Junior, G-Style and Pr1me. You can also download their latest mixtape over at the Relic Ent website, and look out for their upcoming mixtape "Beats And Lyrics".

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Thanks for this.

I'd like to know what exactly separates this so-called "New West" from the "O.G. West" besides the obvious? I mean what exactly is it that the New West wants from the O.G. West? No disrespect to either side in this debate, but I'm just curious what exactly the problem is?

Here's my take on it so far. Even if the "New West" was asking "O.G. West" to help put them on, there still isn't enough interest outside of the West Coast that would make too much of a difference in the greater hip hop scene, IMO. Snoop ain't selling what he used to, so his popularity has waned over the years. Cube also. Game, while I don't consider him "New West" or "O.G. West" is also starting to feel the pinch in shortage of sales and popularity.

In a current market where the South is where it's at, I gotta ask, what good is it for the New West to ask O.G. West for support when the O.G. West is also struggling to gain any form of recognition nowadays? Again, no disrespect, just calling it like it is.

Lastly, I'm all for unity on the West, so maybe if the West could reunite and squash their differences FOR REAL this time, then maybe they can mount a unified comeback in the hip hop scene. No need to keep tearing each other down, especially when the market doesn't favor any of you at the moment. Sure not everyone is selling like they used to, but the South still got it on lock. Radio, TV & print media are obvious indicators of that.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 04:43:21 PM by pootypooty »

QWICCSHOTT

• Lil Geezy
these niggaz are wacc

why would anybody wanna help these clowns out... just cuz you rap dont mean you deserve to be heard

SO PRUP

these niggaz are wacc

why would anybody wanna help these clowns out... just cuz you rap dont mean you deserve to be heard

lmfao +1 if i could do it, i was waiting for someone to say that!

Glasses M

• 'G'
Props to the Fratthouse!

New West... We all we Got!!!!!

I'd like to know what exactly separates this so-called "New West" from the "O.G. West" besides the obvious? I mean what exactly is it that the New West wants from the O.G. West? No disrespect to either side in this debate, but I'm just curious what exactly the problem is?

Its pretty deep!  Sure u wanna kno?

SO PRUP

break it down for us glasses, lots of us wanna know!  I feel what ya'll talking about these og cats on some other shit having my own aspiring camp out west also.  I heard that cube interview and when he said that shit it made a nigga think hella different about dude, shit had a nigga shaking his head.  Like I cant see why nobody would hate on you for going down south to get a deal, cuz thats what we tryna do and so are hella other west cats.  Cuz these niggas out here ain't tryna show no love.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Props to the Fratthouse!

New West... We all we Got!!!!!

Its pretty deep!  Sure u wanna kno?

Yeah man, spill it if you can. I realize airing shit out over a forum with random strangers might not be the best place to do it, but I won't be mad either way. But yeah nigga, feel free to enlighten us over here. What really is the deal?

Okka

I'll check these tracks out.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
www.dubcnn.com

The Long Beach group FrattHouse just hit us up with a new track called "New West", which is sure to raise a few eyebrows. FrattHouse consists of G.B. (the son of RBX) and E-Money (cousin of Snoop Dogg).
lol...How many more family members  does Snoop have in the Rap Game??? :P :P

I'll check those records out.thanks!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

FrattHouse

• Lil Geezy
This Is The FrattHouse Live An Direct...We Put It Like This,Look At All The Other Coast How Some Of Them Might Not Be Cool Wit Eachother But They Still Putin They Folks Out An Maken Money Wit Eachother You See A New South Nigga Or EastCoast Nigga Come Out EveryDay Some Might Be Wacc But They Still Put Em Out.Now Look At The West An What's The Same Faces You Been Seein For The Last 10 Years????....Digg What We Talkin Bout.....Niggas On The West Only Out For ThemSelf Scared These New Niggas Gone Knocc Em Out The Game,But If They Only Knew If They Get Behind These Young Niggas They Gone Make Money Just Like Us Plus Make Them Look Even Bigger As An Artist Plus As A Bizness Man Point Blank!!!!....FrattHouse Over An Out!...New Sound New Faces New West.G.Malone Bishop Lamont FrattHouse Got Ya"ll Bacc Now Let's Ride!

Foxx

• Lil Geezy
OUT WITH THE OLD .......................IN WITH THE NEW WEST

8)

ICHI THE KILLER

was up fratthouse!!any chance to hook us up with that self titled album from back in a day.i saw review in VIBE and i think that album was never released?
peace 

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
Re: DUBCNN: Long Beach group FrattHouse Release Controversial "New West" Track [
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 03:31:25 AM »
www.dubcnn.com

Propably more than wu-tang clan members as a person...and there is lots of.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
lol...  As a follower of all coasts, I can say the problems u guys are having and the mentality u take about it, are the same as all the other regions.

Have you heard of Saigon?  Papoose?  

They are east coast artists who are also having trouble getting labels to believe in them and support them...

Is it Busta Rhymes fault?   Is it LL Cool J's fault?

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
Re: DUBCNN: Long Beach group FrattHouse Release Controversial "New West" Track [
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 03:43:33 AM »
www.dubcnn.com

Propably more than wu-tang clan members as a person...and there is lots of.
..lol..Probably!!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The record is nice!
Nice laidback beat!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone