Author Topic: street fighter iv  (Read 2068 times)

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: street fighter iv
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 09:19:03 PM »
2 days....  8)

GENERIK

• 'G'
  • THE DARK TRAIL
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 02:21:40 AM »

STREET FIGHTER FTW, SHIT IS EPIC

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 02:30:51 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XAX47MLyZtc&amp;hl=de&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XAX47MLyZtc&amp;hl=de&amp;fs=1</a>

Here's a vid with all fighters (they included a lot)

I have to wait until March 30rd :(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 02:32:44 AM by Dr. Ján Ďtor »

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 11:01:20 AM »
bought this yesterday... its cool but im a little dissapointed to be honest... its just like a slower version of street fighter 2 turbo with 3d like graphics...

may take some getting used to... im getting better and enjoying it a little more... but not totally impressed like i was expecting to be.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 02:39:29 PM »
I've retired from video games but i'm curious about it.  Does it have Dudley & Akuma?  And why in the world do they have sorry Dhalsim on there still?  Its the 4th one, move on to some new characters.  Get rid of the dead weight characters.

And marvel vs. capcom is way better than street fighter.  Main time i'll check out an arcade anywhere if someone plays it.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2009, 02:49:36 PM »
I've retired from video games but i'm curious about it.  Does it have Dudley & Akuma?  And why in the world do they have sorry Dhalsim on there still?  Its the 4th one, move on to some new characters.  Get rid of the dead weight characters.

And marvel vs. capcom is way better than street fighter.  Main time i'll check out an arcade anywhere if someone plays it.

that game is for little kids who like to button mash

CAPCOM VS. SNK is better

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2009, 10:57:21 AM »
got this the other day, may have to invest in a joy stick as its awkward on the 360

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2009, 01:40:59 PM »
now that i have played it for a few days... it has gotten better... but i dont see this ever becoming better than what street fighter 2 was at the time it was released.... me and my friend that always play street fighter 2 turbo til this day... on the SNES and now on the HD Remix  were playing part 4 and we had a good time but not like we do on the HD remix... but non the less it is new and im sure with time it will grow more on us... i have unlocked all the characters besides the last dude.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2009, 10:03:50 PM »

CAPCOM VS. SNK is better
I meant to say marvel vs. capcom 2.  I've seen capcom vs. SNK.  If you're referring button mash as doing them 10-30 hit combos, I wouldn't care.  I wish I could do that.  Don't know how people can do that :eh:

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 10:08:47 AM »
HALLLLLLEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKIN

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 03:16:17 PM »
I got the shit the day it came out. The game is pretty sick, but yah...hard to live up to Street Fighter 2 when it first hit the scene.

Only problem I have....why this muthafucka gotta be from the US? lol

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

jlegendary

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2009, 11:41:02 AM »
they already have it at family fun acrade in the 818,

ha ha, that used to be my joint.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2009, 05:36:00 AM »

CAPCOM VS. SNK is better
I meant to say marvel vs. capcom 2.  I've seen capcom vs. SNK.  If you're referring button mash as doing them 10-30 hit combos, I wouldn't care.  I wish I could do that.  Don't know how people can do that :eh:

That 10-30 hit combo shit is far from button mashing actually, that shit takes skill and a lot of practice. The Marvel vs. Capcom series is cool, but not exactly my cup of tea.

Haven't tried SF4 yet. I guess it looks pretty cool, but I'm partially on board with the statement about the old characters. Some are series staples and absolutely belong there - Ryu, Ken, Chun Li - and it's cool to see a lot of my favourites return as well, like Sakura, Sagat and Gen (although I never could play for shit with Gen, but I liked the character). A lot of the old ones are tired as hell though - Dhalsim, Zangief, E. Honda - really? Then again I didn't like those guys back when SF2 came out, so I guess it's not surprising I don't like 'em now.

Plus I don't understand why they didn't include any characters from SF3. I want my Ibuki.

I think they played this one real safe and went with a really safe roster that would automatically appeal to the old SF2 fans. I know for a fact that Capcom wasn't even sure if there was a big market for this type of fighter (i.e. old-fashioned 2D-plane fighter) anymore (since SF3 failed to reach popularity despite being an awesome fighting game), and making SF4 was somewhat of a risk. But now that there obviously is a market for it, and if they do what Capcom are known to do and release SF4 a bunch of times with revisions and character additions between versions, then I guess they'll bring back some SF3 characters as well. Only time will tell though.

Oh and Rufus - where the hell a fat mofo like that would be from if NOT the US? I mean, c'mon - you got a lot of fatties over there.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2009, 11:51:24 AM »

CAPCOM VS. SNK is better

Oh and Rufus - where the hell a fat mofo like that would be from if NOT the US? I mean, c'mon - you got a lot of fatties over there.

lol!!

Im actually cool with all the old characters.  Im kinda that way though. When I like somethin, I dont wanna see too much changed.  Im not a fan of any of the newer characters. And why the fuck is there a lucha libre wrestler? lol Cmon.  Wrestling is cool and all, but it IS fake fighting.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2009, 04:26:17 AM »
I liked Zangief & the spinning piledriver :)  Too bad I couldn't master it :(  I liked Thunder Hawk & his copter choke slam.  That was real sick on the SF2 super turbo, the superpower.  Yes SF3 was very good.  Dudley is that dude on there.  Him & his corkscrew punch.  I feel some people gotta learn how to like someone else for a change.  Does anyone hate it in the past when there's a new game with brand new characters on the capcom fighting games like the SF3, the xmen marvel vs. capcom games & the only players some people only wanna use is Ken & Ryu?  And oh yeah, FUCK KEN & RYU!  Especially the way most fools be using them.  I swear those 2 characters took the fun out of Street Fighter.  When it 1st came out in 91, most people began using Guile, Chun Li & Blanka.  And when everybody knew how to do the uppercut, they never wanna use anyone else but Ken & Ryu >:(

Was I the only one who wanted 2 jack somebody up or pull a gun on fools who kept doing tactics with them 2 that made your blood boil?
I know 1 tactic with Honda I hated, I know how to use him good without resorting to the bear hug & the moving handslap thereafter.  I'm probably the only person on the planet who can do that.  I prefer the kneelifts.

What I couldn't stand about Guile users?  Always putting their heads down through the whole game just to set up the razorkick, canadians call it the jackknife.

Those pale to comparison to Ken & Ryu users.  Don't really wanna bring them up cause they bring back horrible memories :(  but did anyone feel the same way?  Real cheap ways 2 win. 
1.  Hate this the most but that constant down & short junk :scarface:
2.  They thow fireball & when you jump past the fireball & they sweep you where you land >:( >:(
3.  When you attempt to do an air attack to ground combo they sweep you & disrupt it >:( >:(
4.  They throw fireballs & when you jump at them they do roundhouse kick, or jump up kick or jump forward kick >:(
I know there are more things but maybe i'm doing my best to block them out of my head. 

Apologize for the added rant.