Author Topic: The Wrestler - trailer & review  (Read 947 times)

Matty

Re: The Wrestler - trailer & review
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 11:01:47 PM »
outstanding film and an amazing performance from mickey rourke. highly highly recommended.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 11:14:29 AM »
yea great movie, and def a dope ending

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »
Awesome movie. Ending was great, but it was sudden for me, I was wanting the movie to carry on abit.

I heard it was loosely based on Jake the snake, that true?

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »
Awesome movie. Ending was great, but it was sudden for me, I was wanting the movie to carry on abit.

I heard it was loosely based on Jake the snake, that true?

its based on many wrestlers. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 01:24:37 AM »
wrestler > slumdog
rourke's performance > penn's performance
springsteen's song > 3 nominated ones combined
imo

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 02:53:59 AM »
outstanding film and an amazing performance from mickey rourke. highly highly recommended.
I agree on that.  But I didn't like the ending.  Reminded me of the sopranos ending[never saw sopranos]  It made you wonder if he had a heart attack & died while splashing ayatollah[ernest miller].

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 11:05:26 AM »
I agree on that.  But I didn't like the ending.  Reminded me of the sopranos ending[never saw sopranos]  It made you wonder if he had a heart attack & died while splashing ayatollah[ernest miller].

if he did, he died doing what he loved to do.  if he didnt, he'll continue to wrestle until he probably does die in the ring, or because of a wrestling related injury.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »
i would assume thats the point

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 04:50:05 PM »
how can the academy snub this great movie, rourke and this great song:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uK6smwWg8bc&amp;hl=pt-br&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uK6smwWg8bc&amp;hl=pt-br&amp;fs=1</a>

the oscars are a fuckin joke

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 05:18:22 PM »
how can the academy snub this great movie, rourke and this great song:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uK6smwWg8bc&amp;hl=pt-br&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uK6smwWg8bc&amp;hl=pt-br&amp;fs=1</a>

the oscars are a fuckin joke
yea i dont get how the song didnt even get a nom

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 10:03:02 PM »
The ending was perfect in my mind. He doesn't die in the ring literally. Wrestlers like that almost never do, but they do die in the ring. Ram leaves everything he's got up on the that turnbuckle. That's why the camera gets left there. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

As for the song; I figure I should comment on it since I'm the resident Springsteen nut. It's brilliant (what a shock coming from me. Trust there are songs and aspects of his career I don't like). But given the situation regarding the performances this year I really don't care that it wasn't nominated. Of course it's better than all three other songs combined but it would have then been performed wwith all three other songs in a music collage and that would have sucked. The only thing that angered me when I heard it was snubbed was that I wouldn't get to see it played live, since it may not get played at all on the upcoming tour. But I'd rather not see it at all then see it as a segue from one Slum Dog song to anther.

Any of you that do like that song should check out The Hitter from the Devils and Dust album of 05.

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 03:40:47 PM »
The ending was perfect in my mind. He doesn't die in the ring literally. Wrestlers like that almost never do, but they do die in the ring. Ram leaves everything he's got up on the that turnbuckle. That's why the camera gets left there. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

As for the song; I figure I should comment on it since I'm the resident Springsteen nut. It's brilliant (what a shock coming from me. Trust there are songs and aspects of his career I don't like). But given the situation regarding the performances this year I really don't care that it wasn't nominated. Of course it's better than all three other songs combined but it would have then been performed wwith all three other songs in a music collage and that would have sucked. The only thing that angered me when I heard it was snubbed was that I wouldn't get to see it played live, since it may not get played at all on the upcoming tour. But I'd rather not see it at all then see it as a segue from one Slum Dog song to anther.

Any of you that do like that song should check out The Hitter from the Devils and Dust album of 05.

great song, great album...title track is still the best one for me though

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 09:27:09 PM »

Think so? I definitely like D and D the song a lot but there are some cool stompers on there like All The Way Home, Maria's Bed, and Long Time Coming. I always liked Leah and Reno is some great dark story telling, as is the Hitter. My personal fave from the album is Black Cowboys though. Amazing imagery and he really does a hell of a job meshing the modern black streets with the old west. Meaning he tells the story of a young black kid in ghetto as if he's telling a cowboy western, but it's done very obscure and bleak way. Simply phenomenal.

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009, 12:38:52 PM »

Think so? I definitely like D and D the song a lot but there are some cool stompers on there like All The Way Home, Maria's Bed, and Long Time Coming. I always liked Leah and Reno is some great dark story telling, as is the Hitter. My personal fave from the album is Black Cowboys though. Amazing imagery and he really does a hell of a job meshing the modern black streets with the old west. Meaning he tells the story of a young black kid in ghetto as if he's telling a cowboy western, but it's done very obscure and bleak way. Simply phenomenal.

oh no doubt, I agree with that, but the album opening song(devils n dust) simply blew me away from the start

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009, 12:57:43 PM »

oh no doubt, I agree with that, but the album opening song(devils n dust) simply blew me away from the start

I guess because of the re-used riff it didn't have the same effect on me, since I kind of liked the first song that used it a little better (different writing style though lyrically).