Author Topic: LOLLL! Boston just lost to Portland ....... WITHOUT BRANDON ROY  (Read 713 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LOLLL! Boston just lost to Portland ....... WITHOUT BRANDON ROY
« on: December 30, 2008, 09:43:03 PM »
I knew Boston was gunna lose to Portland, but I didn't know Roy was gunna be out for the game...Boston is shook. 8)

On a side note, The Portland announcers are amongst the worst EVER. Biggest homers in existence. They almost make Tommy Heinson, Boston's color-commentator, sound objective. LOL.

GangstaBoogy

Re: LOLLL! Boston just lost to Portland ....... WITHOUT BRANDON ROY
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 09:48:12 PM »
Celtics: 28-5
Lakers: 25-5
Cavs: 26-5

There, all 3 times have 5 Ls. So can we all calm down for a couple of days?

Sidenote: Boston really blew it. They had a close game and didn't even have Roy out there sticking daggers in them and they sill lost? Ouch.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:49:15 PM »
Portland is a tough team at home ... don't get me wrong the C's are a great team but it's another story when you don't play weak ass Eastern teams , I don't care about head to head records , the 2nd tier of the West is WAYYYYY better than the East one ...

The way Pierce is automatically sent to the line in the clutch is digusting though  :-X

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 09:53:58 PM »

Sidenote: Boston really blew it. They had a close game and didn't even have Roy out there sticking daggers in them and they sill lost? Ouch.

Boston never led in the 4th , not sure what you mean by "blew it" ... Portland has a lot of sick players who can create their own shot ... the day they will be able to play at that  level   in "away" games , they will be the 2nd best team in the WEST and by far ...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 10:18:18 PM »

Boston never led in the 4th , not sure what you mean by "blew it" ... Portland has a lot of sick players who can create their own shot ... the day they will be able to play at that  level   in "away" games , they will be the 2nd best team in the WEST and by far ...

Blew it meaning lost a game they should've won.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 10:30:36 PM »
It's so hard to keep the pace that Boston was going at, just like how the Lakers started the season. Out of no where the Lakers let up a bit and everyone was saying they arein't shit, and now it's Boston's turn. LA has regain that fire, Boston has lost it, in a month or so it will change again. The most important thing is that both teams catch fire in the playoffs and we get our rematch.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 10:43:46 PM »
Whats going on is, its early in the season. People...analysts.....fans, are always way too quick to judge teams. Boston is obviously a very good team, but like usual....they arent as GREAT as everyone thought they were...and they arent as bad as everyone will make them out to be after these three losses.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

wcsoldier

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 10:45:09 PM »

Blew it meaning lost a game they should've won.
I know ... what I meant is Boston trailed the entire 4th quarter so I agree it was supposed to be a win before the tip-off ... but when it comes to the game itself , they have been outplayed in the 2nd half therefore they did not blow it

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 10:45:43 PM »
95% of Boston's games during the first couple months have been gimmes. They're not as good as they were last year, face it ya'll...they most definitely need some help to compete against us. 8)

wcsoldier

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 10:54:14 PM »
Whats going on is, its early in the season. People...analysts.....fans, are always way too quick to judge teams. Boston is obviously a very good team, but like usual....they arent as GREAT as everyone thought they were...and they arent as bad as everyone will make them out to be after these three losses.

that's exactly right ... the thing is people still not understand that a NBA season is very long and it really starts to matter after the ALL Star break ... I don't pay much attention to the medias and I don't live in the US but that Boston dickriding was WAY too much ... people tend to believe more in statistics , winning streaks than watching the games and make their own  judgement on the teams ... their record can be better this year but I still think they were a better team last year because their 2nd unit play  was way  more solid

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 11:05:01 PM »

that's exactly right ... the thing is people still not understand that a NBA season is very long and it really starts to matter after the ALL Star break ... I don't pay much attention to the medias and I don't live in the US but that Boston dickriding was WAY too much ... people tend to believe more in statistics , winning streaks than watching the games and make their own  judgement on the teams ... their record can be better this year but I still think they were a better team last year because their 2nd unit play  was way  more solid

believe me, Im a longtime Spurs fan....and a HUGE Raider fan....i dont completely focus on basketball until about right now...when the football season ends (for my team anyways lol).  The thing is, ive figured out that the first half of the season matters somewhat....recordwise anyways, but to judge teams during the first half of the season is completely retarded. My team starts slow almost EVERY year....even during championship years. Then typically would go on a late season run...and be hitting on all cylinders once playoffs start. Almost every year, even the championship years...they would be under the radar until the final 20-30 games.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

wcsoldier

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 11:12:21 PM »

believe me, Im a longtime Spurs fan....and a HUGE Raider fan....i dont completely focus on basketball until about right now...when the football season ends (for my team anyways lol).  The thing is, ive figured out that the first half of the season matters somewhat....recordwise anyways, but to judge teams during the first half of the season is completely retarded. My team starts slow almost EVERY year....even during championship years. Then typically would go on a late season run...and be hitting on all cylinders once playoffs start. Almost every year, even the championship years...they would be under the radar until the final 20-30 games.
Yeah the Spurs are the best example without a doubt ... they usually play average B-Ball until the Stars break and then start to step it up during their 7-8 games road trip to reach full potential around late March ... 2007 is the best example

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 11:22:54 PM »

Yeah the Spurs are the best example without a doubt ... they usually play average B-Ball until the Stars break and then start to step it up during their 7-8 games road trip to reach full potential around late March ... 2007 is the best example

thats what i been saying and people were making fun of it.. great teams peak when it counts. thats also why i was laughin at everyone who was dissin the lakers and praising boston in the beginning of the season. straight rooksters.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 11:44:38 PM »
Boston's biggest problem has always been their bench. Pierce, Garnett, and Allen have all been playing a lot of hard minutes to get their record. Problem (for them) is they're going to wear themselves out. When they start losing close games post All-Star break people will realize just how important Posey was to that team. If they get Joe Smith or PJ Brown they'll be in pretty good shape, if not, I say they won't be back in the Finals.

But to be fair, nothing is guaranteed, not for the Lakers either. As of now I'm predicting Lakers vs Cavs in the Finals.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 11:47:20 PM »
jesus, what chokes!

one loss, seasons over now... :-\ ::)