Author Topic: LOLLL! Boston just lost to Portland ....... WITHOUT BRANDON ROY  (Read 711 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: LOLLL! Boston just lost to Portland ....... WITHOUT BRANDON ROY
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 11:47:38 PM »
Whats going on is, its early in the season. People...analysts.....fans, are always way too quick to judge teams. Boston is obviously a very good team, but like usual....they arent as GREAT as everyone thought they were...and they arent as bad as everyone will make them out to be after these three losses.

that's exactly right ... the thing is people still not understand that a NBA season is very long and it really starts to matter after the ALL Star break ... I don't pay much attention to the medias and I don't live in the US but that Boston dickriding was WAY too much ... people tend to believe more in statistics , winning streaks than watching the games and make their own  judgement on the teams ... their record can be better this year but I still think they were a better team last year because their 2nd unit play  was way  more solid

believe me, Im a longtime Spurs fan....and a HUGE Raider fan....i dont completely focus on basketball until about right now...when the football season ends (for my team anyways lol).  The thing is, ive figured out that the first half of the season matters somewhat....recordwise anyways, but to judge teams during the first half of the season is completely retarded. My team starts slow almost EVERY year....even during championship years. Then typically would go on a late season run...and be hitting on all cylinders once playoffs start. Almost every year, even the championship years...they would be under the radar until the final 20-30 games.
Yeah the Spurs are the best example without a doubt ... they usually play average B-Ball until the Stars break and then start to step it up during their 7-8 games road trip to reach full potential around late March ... 2007 is the best example

thats what i been saying and people were making fun of it.. great teams peak when it counts. thats also why i was laughin at everyone who was dissin the lakers and praising boston in the beginning of the season. straight rooksters.

theres been VERY few teams that have ever been great all year long lol  I dont think its ever a bad thing to be playing great ball in December...as long as you dont slump going into the playoffs.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 11:47:46 PM »
Are you going to make a thread everytime the Celtics lose a game?

Seriously, how many tears did you shed last spring and summer?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 11:52:26 PM »

wow, late nominee for quote of the year? ;) ;D 8)

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 11:52:52 PM »

But to be fair, nothing is guaranteed, not for the Lakers either. As of now I'm predicting Lakers vs Cavs in the Finals.

dont be surprised if the dynamics of either conference change quite a bit by the end of the season. As of right now, the Lakers are the best in the West. Im not saying they wont win the West, but being over-confident as a Laker fan would be a big mistake. Somebody will step it up come playoff time (maybe a couple of teams) and make things interesting. The biggest advantage for the winner of the west will be...that the Celtics and Cavs will probably have a tough series against eachother in the playoffs...and ONE of the two will have to see the Magic at one point...who will be very tough to knock out.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 12:02:52 AM »

a team touted as "the greatest ever assembled" losing to the Golden State Warriors without their star player followed by the Portland Blazers without their star player definitely warrants a thread.

wcsoldier

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 12:04:20 AM »

But to be fair, nothing is guaranteed, not for the Lakers either. As of now I'm predicting Lakers vs Cavs in the Finals.

dont be surprised if the dynamics of either conference change quite a bit by the end of the season. As of right now, the Lakers are the best in the West. Im not saying they wont win the West, but being over-confident as a Laker fan would be a big mistake. Somebody will step it up come playoff time (maybe a couple of teams) and make things interesting. The biggest advantage for the winner of the west will be...that the Celtics and Cavs will probably have a tough series against eachother in the playoffs...and ONE of the two will have to see the Magic at one point...who will be very tough to knock out.

To be honest , unless the Spurs re- reach the level they were at during their title years (and I doubt it) I do not see any competition for us in the West ... why ? Because the style of play , Western Conf this year will be again  all about out-scoring your opponent even during playoffs and I just don't see any team having a chance to outscore us in a 7 game series ... we will face more difficulties  in the Finals ...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 12:06:05 AM »

To be honest , unless the Spurs re- reach the level they were at during their title years (and I doubt it) I do not see any competition for us in the West ... why ? Because the style of play , Western Conf this year will be again  all about out-scoring your opponent even during playoffs and I just don't see any team having a chance to outscore us in a 7 game series ... we will face more difficulties  in the Finals ...

Even if the Spurs DID happen to reach their level of play of last year, they still weren't touchin us in the playoffs. LOL.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:11:01 AM by Now_I_Know »

wcsoldier

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 12:11:32 AM »
Whats going on is, its early in the season. People...analysts.....fans, are always way too quick to judge teams. Boston is obviously a very good team, but like usual....they arent as GREAT as everyone thought they were...and they arent as bad as everyone will make them out to be after these three losses.

that's exactly right ... the thing is people still not understand that a NBA season is very long and it really starts to matter after the ALL Star break ... I don't pay much attention to the medias and I don't live in the US but that Boston dickriding was WAY too much ... people tend to believe more in statistics , winning streaks than watching the games and make their own  judgement on the teams ... their record can be better this year but I still think they were a better team last year because their 2nd unit play  was way  more solid

believe me, Im a longtime Spurs fan....and a HUGE Raider fan....i dont completely focus on basketball until about right now...when the football season ends (for my team anyways lol).  The thing is, ive figured out that the first half of the season matters somewhat....recordwise anyways, but to judge teams during the first half of the season is completely retarded. My team starts slow almost EVERY year....even during championship years. Then typically would go on a late season run...and be hitting on all cylinders once playoffs start. Almost every year, even the championship years...they would be under the radar until the final 20-30 games.
Yeah the Spurs are the best example without a doubt ... they usually play average B-Ball until the Stars break and then start to step it up during their 7-8 games road trip to reach full potential around late March ... 2007 is the best example

thats what i been saying and people were making fun of it.. great teams peak when it counts. thats also why i was laughin at everyone who was dissin the lakers and praising boston in the beginning of the season. straight rooksters.
I just was not satisfied by the effort we were bringing on D ... of course every team will go through ups and downs during a 82 season games but I felt the team was not even trying ... no need to play each game with some kind of "playoffs intensity" but no need to risk to give games away that should be wins even with a "B" effort ... the only reason I thinking like this is I want us to have the Hcourt advantage in the Finals because if we are going to face the C's again, I just don't like the clear advantage they got on their court when it comes to the ref

wcsoldier

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 12:18:45 AM »

Even if the Spurs DID happen to reach their level of play of last year, they still weren't touchin us in the playoffs. LOL.
you mean 2006-2007 , do you ? I meant giving us a challenge , making the series interesting ..  2006-2007 Spurs against 2007-08 Lakers
, Game 7 would have happened imo ... this year we should be way  better than last year coming playoffs time , at least I hope

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 12:40:59 AM »
@ wcsoldier
Our problems, like you said, are still defensive. Since there are not a lot of teams who play excellent D in the West, we will probably reach the Finals against, easly, but then we will probably have to face Cleveland or Boston, two very good defensive minded teams, and that's where we will probably have some problems. That's why i say it's important for us to reach the homecourt adv., cause playing at home should help us turning the game into an high scoring one, making it easier for us to win. I'm not saying we don't have a chance against Cleveland or Boston, don't get me wrong. I'm saying that playing at home should help us.

@ NIK
You always see things black or white, don't you? Sometimes they are gray. I mean Boston was playing the best basketball in the League, till a pair of weeks ago. Then they started to have some problems, and the Xmas game exposed them. NOW it looks like the Lakers and the Cavs are playing the best basketball in the League, and Boston is in troubles. In a month things could change again, with another team making a long streak (like the Hornets, or the Rockets, or the Magics) and being able to get a win against us. Things chance. Don't be mad at people analyzing the NBA game by game, step by step. Cause if you do, people will hate on you if the Celtics will have the best record in 2 weeks, and the Lakers will loose a pair of games.

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 01:04:43 AM »
Like I said...i wouldnt get over confident. I can admit that the Lakers right now are the best team in the West (something that many of you, especially NIK would not admit about another team when they are the best). But this league is so far from a sure thing. My team is a perfect example. Every year we won a title...we did not start off the year as the favorite. Every year we started off the year as the favorite to win the title...we didnt.  I think LA is good, but I dont think the seperation in class in the West is what some of yall think it is...not to mention, I think there are more then a couple of teams in the West that still have their best ball ahead of them.  Im not so sure that the same can be said for the Lakers....although NIK will say "the Lakers havent peaked yet"....all year long.  The Spurs have been the winningest team over the last decade....but I've always made it a point not to get too cocky early in the season about them.  You dont wanna be pullin your foot out of your mouth at the end of the season.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 01:16:38 AM »
@ wcsoldier
Our problems, like you said, are still defensive. Since there are not a lot of teams who play excellent D in the West, we will probably reach the Finals against, easly, but then we will probably have to face Cleveland or Boston, two very good defensive minded teams, and that's where we will probably have some problems. That's why i say it's important for us to reach the homecourt adv., cause playing at home should help us turning the game into an high scoring one, making it easier for us to win. I'm not saying we don't have a chance against Cleveland or Boston, don't get me wrong. I'm saying that playing at home should help us.

@ NIK
You always see things black or white, don't you? Sometimes they are gray. I mean Boston was playing the best basketball in the League, till a pair of weeks ago. Then they started to have some problems, and the Xmas game exposed them. NOW it looks like the Lakers and the Cavs are playing the best basketball in the League, and Boston is in troubles. In a month things could change again, with another team making a long streak (like the Hornets, or the Rockets, or the Magics) and being able to get a win against us. Things chance. Don't be mad at people analyzing the NBA game by game, step by step. Cause if you do, people will hate on you if the Celtics will have the best record in 2 weeks, and the Lakers will loose a pair of games.

LOL...you dont get it, do you? I judge teams based on how they play on the court, not on their standings. ive been saying boston is overrated for some time. i think cleveland is overrated, as well. i called miami beating cleveland yesterday. they didnt do it, but miami was up for most the game...then miami came out and beat the cavs today, on lebrons birthday. i think unexperienced teams, like boston and cleveland tend to overexert themselves and wear themselves out in the beginning of the season. thats part of why boston had to play two 7-game series' last year before they got to the finals...i dont see black white or grey, i see the full picture, in hd quality, all colors, homie...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 01:19:38 AM »
Like I said...i wouldnt get over confident. I can admit that the Lakers right now are the best team in the West (something that many of you, especially NIK would not admit about another team when they are the best). But this league is so far from a sure thing. My team is a perfect example. Every year we won a title...we did not start off the year as the favorite. Every year we started off the year as the favorite to win the title...we didnt.  I think LA is good, but I dont think the seperation in class in the West is what some of yall think it is...not to mention, I think there are more then a couple of teams in the West that still have their best ball ahead of them.  Im not so sure that the same can be said for the Lakers....although NIK will say "the Lakers havent peaked yet"....all year long.  The Spurs have been the winningest team over the last decade....but I've always made it a point not to get too cocky early in the season about them.  You dont wanna be pullin your foot out of your mouth at the end of the season.

i dont get it...what makes you think the aging ass Spurs can beat the Lakers now when they couldn't last year without Bynum and Ariza? Face it, homie. Spurs are out of the picture for now. December or not...i said the same thing last year. 06-07 was the last of the elite Spurs.

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 01:46:43 AM »

i dont get it...what makes you think the aging ass Spurs can beat the Lakers now when they couldn't last year without Bynum and Ariza? Face it, homie. Spurs are out of the picture for now. December or not...i said the same thing last year. 06-07 was the last of the elite Spurs.

Your opinion though, means nada homie. Cus you think the Lakers are the best team in the league every year lolol.  You thought the Lakers were better then the Celtics last year...and you obviously werent. You like to argue that another team is not better then yours...even if they beat you in a 7 game series, but then think its unreasonable for someone else to argue the same against your team lol. Retarded huh? Like I said before, right now, the Lakers are the best in the West. But this current Laker team hasnt proven shit yet...except that they can get their ass kicked in the finals. Even Laker players know...they need to win a championship before they can crown themselves.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 01:55:33 AM »

Your opinion though, means nada homie. Cus you think the Lakers are the best team in the league every year lolol.  You thought the Lakers were better then the Celtics last year...and you obviously werent. You like to argue that another team is not better then yours...even if they beat you in a 7 game series, but then think its unreasonable for someone else to argue the same against your team lol. Retarded huh? Like I said before, right now, the Lakers are the best in the West. But this current Laker team hasnt proven shit yet...except that they can get their ass kicked in the finals. Even Laker players know...they need to win a championship before they can crown themselves.

you're the only one wrong...i never claimed lakers to be the best prior to the gasol trade. get ya fact straight, homie.

My predictions are based off of what I see, not off of what happened in the past or how many consecutive wins a team can compile. Triangle offense when correctly executed=unstoppable. I'm not hating on the Spurs, they still have some gas left in the tank. But I think last year was your last chance at a title for some time (and I think yall woulda had it had you beaten us to reach the Finals vs Boston).