Author Topic: LOLLL! Boston just lost to Portland ....... WITHOUT BRANDON ROY  (Read 710 times)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Re: LOLLL! Boston just lost to Portland ....... WITHOUT BRANDON ROY
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 04:38:13 AM »
@ wcsoldier
Our problems, like you said, are still defensive. Since there are not a lot of teams who play excellent D in the West, we will probably reach the Finals against, easly, but then we will probably have to face Cleveland or Boston, two very good defensive minded teams, and that's where we will probably have some problems. That's why i say it's important for us to reach the homecourt adv., cause playing at home should help us turning the game into an high scoring one, making it easier for us to win. I'm not saying we don't have a chance against Cleveland or Boston, don't get me wrong. I'm saying that playing at home should help us.

@ NIK
You always see things black or white, don't you? Sometimes they are gray. I mean Boston was playing the best basketball in the League, till a pair of weeks ago. Then they started to have some problems, and the Xmas game exposed them. NOW it looks like the Lakers and the Cavs are playing the best basketball in the League, and Boston is in troubles. In a month things could change again, with another team making a long streak (like the Hornets, or the Rockets, or the Magics) and being able to get a win against us. Things chance. Don't be mad at people analyzing the NBA game by game, step by step. Cause if you do, people will hate on you if the Celtics will have the best record in 2 weeks, and the Lakers will loose a pair of games.

LOL...you dont get it, do you? I judge teams based on how they play on the court

Me too. But you get it personal if somebody says that Boston was playing extremely good. LOL. Like that means they were already NBA Champs! Nobody said that, but Hack, maybe. Me personally i was just saying that Boston was looking better than the Lakers. And it was nothing but the truth, at that moment. Then the xmas game changed everything, expecially psicologically. But the fact you "predicted it" (or that Boston had an easier schedule) doesn't change the fact that they were playing better, till xmas. Everybody including Magic said that.

not on their standings. ive been saying boston is overrated for some time. i think cleveland is overrated, as well. i called miami beating cleveland yesterday. they didnt do it, but miami was up for most the game...then miami came out and beat the cavs today, on lebrons birthday. i think unexperienced teams, like boston and cleveland tend to overexert themselves and wear themselves out in the beginning of the season. thats part of why boston had to play two 7-game series' last year before they got to the finals...i dont see black white or grey, i see the full picture, in hd quality, all colors, homie...PeACe

I'm happy for you. I mean i've only been able to see Lakers vs Celtics in full hd, and it looked great (the other games i have to download them via internet :( ). Anyway, to tell you the truth, i've always considered the Lakers as the unexperienced team. The roster is too young, and they still lack the "do or die" mentality, the killer instinct. They showed it when they lost to the Suns after being 3-1, and they showed it last season, when they lost that damn game at home after having a huge advantage. A great experienced team doesn't loose them games. And an "overrated" one doesn't beat you in the Finals in your own arena, after being down by a pair of dozen of points in the 3rd. The team who needs to step up mentally is the Lakers, man. We're the ones who have something to prove. Cause you spent the last years dissing the Heat, the Suns and the Celtics and calling them "overrated", but we had worst results than them, homie. What i really want is the damn rings. So that's why we betta take homecourt advantage, cause it will be easier for us. Cause Boston proved last year that they can beat us in L.A., but we still have to prove we can win in Boston. Until then, i'll continue to think that homecourt adv. will be a key factor in the next NBA Finals.

'EclipZe

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2008, 05:42:20 AM »
I liked that basket when portland had 6 people on  the court lmao, cracked me up how KG started flippin' , and im a boston cheerleader

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008, 08:11:34 AM »
yeaqh the celtics are hoooooooorrble!! may as well quit now huh?

lol  28-5 is fine
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 08:28:35 AM »
Are you going to make a thread everytime the Celtics lose a game?

Seriously, how many tears did you shed last spring and summer?

a team touted as "the greatest ever assembled" losing to the Golden State Warriors without their star player followed by the Portland Blazers without their star player definitely warrants a thread.

The late 90s early 2000s Lakers with Shack would have killed these Celtics.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 10:05:12 AM »
@ wcsoldier
Our problems, like you said, are still defensive. Since there are not a lot of teams who play excellent D in the West, we will probably reach the Finals against, easly, but then we will probably have to face Cleveland or Boston, two very good defensive minded teams, and that's where we will probably have some problems. That's why i say it's important for us to reach the homecourt adv., cause playing at home should help us turning the game into an high scoring one, making it easier for us to win. I'm not saying we don't have a chance against Cleveland or Boston, don't get me wrong. I'm saying that playing at home should help us.

@ NIK
You always see things black or white, don't you? Sometimes they are gray. I mean Boston was playing the best basketball in the League, till a pair of weeks ago. Then they started to have some problems, and the Xmas game exposed them. NOW it looks like the Lakers and the Cavs are playing the best basketball in the League, and Boston is in troubles. In a month things could change again, with another team making a long streak (like the Hornets, or the Rockets, or the Magics) and being able to get a win against us. Things chance. Don't be mad at people analyzing the NBA game by game, step by step. Cause if you do, people will hate on you if the Celtics will have the best record in 2 weeks, and the Lakers will loose a pair of games.

LOL...you dont get it, do you? I judge teams based on how they play on the court, not on their standings.

how are the Pacers then?

Finals bound? ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2009, 12:33:57 AM »
Boston's in major trouble.

Rick McCrank

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2009, 12:49:50 AM »
swing of fortune, Lakers playing good for a change and Boston not playing good  :pimp:

hopefully Cleveland can get #2 spot

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2009, 03:12:50 AM »
Finally, that silly talk about beating the Bulls' record can come to an end.

Was there ever an NBA season in which 3 teams had 65+ wins?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2009, 02:20:44 PM »
Finally, that silly talk about beating the Bulls' record can come to an end.

Was there ever an NBA season in which 3 teams had 65+ wins?

not really...Lakers can still do it. 8)