Author Topic: WIDEAwake Starts Opening Death Row's "Vault"  (Read 1030 times)

FreeMac

• 'G'
Re: WIDEAwake Starts Opening Death Row's "Vault"
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 12:27:03 PM »
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this too. Instead of rushing something, they're throwin a bone out there, and I can't wait for that Danny Boy track.

You think shit from artists like Top Dogg, Chocolit Bandit, and Tha Realest will be distributed through these guys? They weren't the most popular, but definatley part of an era.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 12:38:33 PM »
Can't knock it. All depends on the price. I'd have done at least 8-10 tracks though but let's see how this turns out.

skriLL

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 01:10:43 PM »
it also looks like they're in the process of getting their paper work done with these artists

MediumL

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 01:17:10 PM »
lol @ people complaining. Be grateful this shit is being dropped.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

EFFeX

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 01:20:55 PM »
You think shit from artists like Top Dogg, Chocolit Bandit, and Tha Realest will be distributed through these guys? They weren't the most popular, but definatley part of an era.

It's very possible...

I know that they are going to be doing compilations so even if they don't get an album release, maybe we'll see their names on the compilations.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 01:22:46 PM »
Who knows? Maybe we'll finally get physical product from some of these artists we've been waiting nearly ten years to hear.

JohnnyL

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 02:39:43 PM »

It's very possible...

I know that they are going to be doing compilations so even if they don't get an album release, maybe we'll see their names on the compilations.

Personally, I think that's were most of tracks from artists like Top Dogg and Tha Realest will end up.  Also, if they're still planning on doing the pay download thing on their website, I bet we will have the opportunity to get tracks from some of the lesser-known Death Row artists that way too.

DPGC23

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 02:45:24 PM »
LAUGHIN@ GO BUY A 3ALBUM SAMPLER
HAHA WTF

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

EFFeX

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 03:07:28 PM »
HAHA WTF

DPGC23

I think this is just more of a treat for the fans that been waiting so long saying, "Hey, we got some projects in store, here's something to show that we are here."

JohnnyL

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 03:47:04 PM »
HAHA WTF

DPGC23

I think this is just more of a treat for the fans that been waiting so long saying, "Hey, we got some projects in store, here's something to show that we are here."

Yeah.  It's a little thing, but it beats waiting a whole year for them to put out those first four projects they were talking about.  At least it's something.  I still hope they get moving on the website.  Besides having the download part, even just having a deathrow forum again would be cool.

phil uk 69

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 03:51:13 PM »
COOL. ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY SONGS THA REALEST COULD POSSIBLY HAVE IN THE CATALOG ? ROUGH NUMBERS.........

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 03:54:09 PM »
HAHA WTF

DPGC23

Yeah.  It's a little thing, but it beats waiting a whole year for them to put out those first four projects they were talking about.  At least it's something.  I still hope they get moving on the website.  Besides having the download part, even just having a deathrow forum again would be cool.

There's a DR forum out there, but it blows. www.deathrowrecordings.com

JohnnyL

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 04:00:29 PM »
HAHA WTF

DPGC23

lol...yeah...it looks like that website was created by the FTP douchebag.  Is that who runs the forum?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 04:03:55 PM »
HAHA WTF

DPGC23

lol...yeah...it looks like that website was created by the FTP douchebag.  Is that who runs the forum?

Yup, he was Death Row's official webmaster for six years. Hired by Suge's former right hand man.

JohnnyL

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 04:07:23 PM »
HAHA WTF

DPGC23

Yup, he was Death Row's official webmaster for six years. Hired by Suge's former right hand man.

Yeah, I remember he used to run the old forum under the name Am7 if I'm not mistaken.  Then I remember him using the oneoone name when he posted on the Mr. Makaveli forum and when he sold that first OFTB album.  That was before he came up with the For The People name....yeah, I don't think I'll waste my time posting there.