Author Topic: Make your predictions on how your MLB team will do, and I'll up thread in August  (Read 591 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
My prediction for my team the Royals 09....

Predicted Record:  75-87
Finish:  4th place Division

Coach:  Trey Hillman microanalyses everything.  I've always felt in baseball when it comes to managing that less is more.  He changes the lineup too much and interferes with the delicate mechanics of pitchers and hitters when I think he shouldn't.

Offense:  The Royals will have much improved hitting this year.  Additions like Jacobs will boost their power numbers.  Coco Crisp will be a solid addition bringing speed and hitting for a solid average.  I expect 3rd year guys Butler and Gordan to emerge some this year.  Teahan's had a hot spring, and it's possible he could have a breakthrough season this year at second base.  Mike Avilles may emerge into the best hitting shortstop in the league this year.

Defense:  The Royals have a solid ballpen, with All-World closer Joakim Soria will have another great year, while the rest of the pen will be solid.  But I think the Royals will ultimately fail this year because their starting pitching will let them down.  Our 2 horses, Grienke and Mesh will let us down.  Grienke will get smashed on and lose his head, and Mesh will be nagged by injuries all year long.  We never had a 3-4-5 to begin with, Hillman will try out many candidates to fill out our rotation, and the only one who may experience some success will be Kyle Davies.

.....One last note... Baseball isn't fair to small market teams.  Something must be done about this.  And don't give me stories about the couple teams that made it, like the Devil-Rays, because it still doesn't make it right.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
Dodgers win it all.

Lunatic

Jays - .500 ;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Angels - 1st in the AL West (will any other team in the West even go over .500??)

91-71

Angels will make the playoffs easy, and if we play anyone but the Red Sox in the first round, we'll get to the AL series championship, which we'll get eliminated by the Red Sox.

OG Hack Wilson

predictions

rays 91-71
red sox 91-71
yankees 91-71 

and my yankees win by tie breaker LOL
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
predictions

rays 91-71
red sox 91-71
yankees 91-71 

the rays aren't going to do as well. they're a flair up like The Saints and Warriors.

anyways i predict the dodgers and angels to win the al and nl west.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
The A's win the AL West if not then 2nd place :-\
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
the Yankees take the division, the pennant & the ring! 8)

Rick McCrank

baseball is hard to predict... I just can't do it

Jaydc555

Blue jays give me high hopes once again but barely crack 500 in another wasted season and then somehow Jp retains his job.

OG Hack Wilson

predictions

rays 91-71
red sox 91-71
yankees 91-71 

the rays aren't going to do as well. they're a flair up like The Saints and Warriors.

anyways i predict the dodgers and angels to win the al and nl west.

rays got better this year
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I don't know what to really think about the Jays.  Their rotation really took a big hit and it's hard to say how the young guys will do.  The bullpen should be rock solid again.  I have a feeling the offence will be better than next year, I think Snider will make an impact this year and move up the order to maybe the #5 slot by June.  Everyone is predicting .500 and the books have the over/under at 80.5 wins.  I'll say I little on the low end, 78-84 :(

herpes

.....One last note... Baseball isn't fair to small market teams.  Something must be done about this.  And don't give me stories about the couple teams that made it, like the Devil-Rays, because it still doesn't make it right.

The A's find a way to be competitive. The Twins year in and year out as well.  The Rays through great scouting and development will have a great team for the next few years.  The Rangers have the best farm system in baseball and will dangerous next season and for many seasons to come.  Small market teams find a way.  Sure it's not an even playing field for smaller market teams, but they also have the luxury of having time to build a good team while big market teams it's win now every season.  Plus it doesn't help that you root for one of the worst run sports organizations in all of America.  A lot of these smaller markers have great farm systems while the Royals have two impact bats down in the minors and it's barren after that.  Even if Baseball imposed a salary cap it still doesn't mean teams like the Royals and Pirates will spend any money.  Or make smart moves, c'mon Jose Guillen, why even spend the money to sign that bum.  He was one of the worst everyday players in Baseball last season.  Imposing a salary cap won't make the Royals and Pirates draft well or actually have decent player development.   Yes the system isn't fair but at the same time the Royals do nothing at all to help themselves out.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
phils gonna win their division but lose in the playoffs maybe or might lose in the world series, im a lil worried about pitchin, they'll have a slow start with cole hamels off right now, and no jc romero for 50 games, moyer is iffy, but they will get hot at the right time

herpes

NY Mets... 85-77 third place

The team looks good on paper but something imo is missing big time.  Plus that cock sucking piece of shit Luis Castillo is still on the team.  I would love nothing more than for a 18 wheeler to drive into his car and decapitate him.  That will always be the dream though.  The rotation after Santana and Pelfrey is a question mark.  The bullpen is completely revamped but I think carrying only one lefty in the pen will hurt big time.  The bench sucks.  I just don't have any faith in the Mets this season.