Author Topic: HBK and Taker just put on one of the greatest matches in Mania history  (Read 541 times)

Kool Beenz

Re: HBK and Taker just put on one of the greatest matches in Mania history
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2009, 09:48:54 PM »
Sik do you like Batista, Edge and Big Show and Orton

better then the roster in Tna such as Mick Foley, Jeff Jarrett, Sting and Kevin Nash and even Booker?

from now on IMO its TNA>WWE
only reason that i will still watch wwe is of Rey Mysterio being IC

but my opinion is subject to change if WWE gets there shit together

Backlash fuckin sucked

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2009, 09:58:48 PM »
I think the match looked good on a shitty night but I didn't think it was all that great of a match. It had a decent ending I'll give it that because the only time of the night I was drawn in was to wonder whether Taker may actually lose after that Super kick. But other than that I didn't think much of it.

Off the top of my head Wrestlemania matches I liked better

Savage/Steamboat obviously
Austin/Hart
Taker/HHH
Rock/Austin
Hogan/Warriot (say what you will but they practiced hard and put on a show
Savage/Flair
Owen/Bret
Savage/Hogan
HBK/Ramon
Hart/Piper
Angle/Lesnar
Angle/Benoit
HBK/Benoit/HHH
Eddie/Angle
Angle/HBK

no HBK/Bret? :o

yo, did HHH, Cena, Trish & Jericho win?

Not sure how I left that out. Not as big a fan of that match as most but it was definitely better than HBK/Taker

After watching the replay, I would put the 'Taker and HBk up there.

It was better than Hogan/Warrior, Hart/Piper, Angle/Benoit never happened one on one, it was better than HBK/Benoit/HHH, and a few other of those matches you mentioned. I think the match being in Texas helped with the crowd, as both are Texas boys, and the build up was almost old school like, so there was a lot going into this match, and both lived up to the hype. Not sure where I'd put it with Rock/Austin 2, Angle/Lesnar, Savage/Flair and the rest, but it was a great match.

I watched it again and I disliked it even more. Too much brawling. There was next to no "wrestling" on that whole card. I don't even like finishing moves so building drama by kicking out of finishing moves means little to me. Great ending but not that great a match in my opinion.

Taker=GOAT

That's simply retarded.

Sikotic™

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2009, 10:08:52 PM »

better then the roster in Tna such as Mick Foley, Jeff Jarrett, Sting and Kevin Nash and even Booker?

Backlash fuckin sucked
I'm not taking the side of WWE. They're both bad....really bad. It's just that TNA is even worse.

But I would take Edge and Orton over all those TNA names you listed with the exception of Sting.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Kool Beenz

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2009, 10:09:55 PM »
are you kidding me?
well thats your opinion dogg

i know Mick Foley is runnin shit at TNA

fuck Kurt Angel though

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 11:00:37 PM »

Backlash fuckin sucked
I'm not taking the side of WWE. They're both bad....really bad. It's just that TNA is even worse.

But I would take Edge and Orton over all those TNA names you listed with the exception of Sting.

Yeah I agree. You give the TNA book to Paul Heyman and Jim Cornette and with in one year it'll be blowing WWE out of the water creatively. Commercially would be a different story. They'd really have to strike lightning with a guy and it would be by accident like all the other mega huge stars in wrestling that created brands, and even then it'd be hard to hold on to the guy after it happened. But TNA could easily become better than WWE.