Author Topic: WIDEawake Drops The Ball Again... Death Row Comics?  (Read 1124 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: WIDEawake Drops The Ball Again... Death Row Comics?
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »
Death Row will possibly be alive again (never, I mean never in its original state again, Death Of Tupac, loss of Dre, and all the original artist, it can't), but it can have a Resurrection. Possibly once all the release stuff, is they can sign new acts, and possibly Revive the WestCoast scene (if they don't fall victim to the retard rap of today), I mean do what aftermath should of... lol Possibly actually make Death Row East. But again, depends on how they do everything.
That won't and shouldn't happen. Death Row had its time. You're not gonna revive the West by bringing back Death Row under new management. I'm all for the music from that era seeing the light of day but a new Death Row would never work. You're not gonna recreate the same feeling in 2010 so it is pointless to try. Even if Suge was back in charge, it wouldn't be the Death Row of old.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2009, 12:38:49 AM »
Yeah I'm talking about Wideawake's acquisition of DR. Despite the state the label has been in over the past years I'd much rather have the actual Death Row Records label existing (like in 2001-2006) than some company being able to take over in a bankruptcy case. See here for more if you care to read, my 2nd post on that page:

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=221819.0

And I don't know about that 3 track sampler because both Crooked I's Hoodstar and Petey Pablo's Pay For The Pussy (labelled Let's Do It on the 2007 FTP bootleg) are different from the versions that have been leaked before, now MAYBE these were the final versions of the songs as they were originally recorded back then OR Wideawake has invited Crooked and Petey Pablo to rerecord the songs. Kinda like how that 2006 FTP/O.F.T.B. bootleg went down. This may not be a problem for most people but for me it certainly is.
Homie, it sounds to me like you need to let it go. Death Row existing through the association of Suge Knight was never going to happen. The company goes bankrupt, somebody buys off the assets. That's what happens. I didn't like the way Suge got dealt in the end but the bottom line is the catalog was going to end up in somebody's hands. I'm not anymore upset at someone else putting out old Death Row material than I am with other labels besides Aftermath pressing up King T's "Kingdom Come" and Hittman's album. If they were going to relaunch a new "Death Row", I'd by all means say that it could never be authentic without Suge. However, companies buying out old studio film librararies or classic music catalogs from companies that go under happens all the time. Am I not gonna buy a new "Terminator 2" DVD with brand new special features because the original studio that produced isn't involved in the production? Fuck no. If people can get behind "Dead Man Walking" and Dogg Pound "2002" then I don't see why anyone should cry about people releasing a Crooked I album recorded at Death Row that isn't being put out by Suge.
i think DJR is upset by the fact that Lydia Harris got 107 million $

Nah I'm upset that DR as a record label is no more.

Remember all that shit after Suge was released in 2001; N.I.N.A., Say Hi To The Bad Guy, Ray J, Death Row East 2006, Petey Pablo, all the things that were supposed to go down. Nothing ever really happened and now it most certainly never will.

I'm just dissappointed fuck it.

ok.
by the way, it wasn't a stab or anything ;)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2009, 01:27:37 AM »
People seem to think they are replacing the release of unreleased music with these new ventures.  It's not a replacement, it's an addition.  If you ain't feeling it, move on and wait for the music.. 

Jaydc555

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2009, 02:02:09 AM »
Who cares.They paid 18 million and they want their money back.As long as we get unreleased albums then who cares if you see a suge knight plushie

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2009, 03:39:20 AM »
Who cares.They paid 18 million and they want their money back.As long as we get unreleased albums then who cares if you see a suge knight plushie

Exactly.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2009, 04:59:56 AM »
Now that i think about it, If done right I'd peep these Death Row comics...
(Here is the only way it would work tho....Listen up WIDEawake!)

Hire Joe Cool to do all the comic's as insert's to be packaged inside w/re-releases.
(Fuck having them drawn by CB artists & giving Snoop Chronic powers or Suge adamantium cigars ect...)

Keep it simple like the "Doggystyle" & Later "Last Meal" comics & it might work.
Have The "Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat" character involved..

BUt fuck trying to compete w/Marvel & DC by giving Death Row "Super Powers"...lol

EFFeX

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2009, 08:06:07 AM »
BUt fuck trying to compete w/Marvel & DC by giving Death Row "Super Powers"...lol

That's what I'm saying though, LOL!

It's going to be mad watered down just watch. You going to see Pac flying around with a cape saving kittens from trees.

Jaydc555

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2009, 08:19:04 AM »
I don't think it will be like that.Even if it is who gives a fuck just don't read it.As long as we get the music they promised I could care less about hearing a 2pac song in a jack in the box commericial or however else they want to make money.

EFFeX

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2009, 08:57:13 AM »
I don't think it will be like that.Even if it is who gives a fuck just don't read it.As long as we get the music they promised I could care less about hearing a 2pac song in a jack in the box commericial or however else they want to make money.

You have to realize though that this thread is mostly just poking fun, I'm not really being serious.

I just think it's funny that we are hearing about comics instead of unreleased material.

Jaydc555

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2009, 09:15:56 AM »
Well I know your an intelligent poster effex I give any other serious crooked I fan that label.But this is a forum comprised of game stans and people that think the dpg is still relevant.In other words,retards.They see something like this and they assume the worst and act all self righteous like they wouldn't do the exact same thing wideawake is doing.

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2009, 10:02:02 AM »
as long as they release unreleased material its all good, something suge couldnt do or didnt care to do. 8)

This is a good thing for the deathrow fans of the early to mid 90s era no matter how you look at it.

Imagine the stingy folks who have this unreleased music. I bet they'll panic somewhat lol