Author Topic: How about that AFC East?  (Read 570 times)

OchoCinco

Re: How about that AFC East?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 10:24:48 AM »
lol yea n I like how shallow points out all these things brady has done wrong to lose games, go back n find what Manning has done to lose games u fool. U act like Brady is the only one to make a bad play. Ur analysis and picking out shit is completely one sided its funny. Fact is Brady must have done some pretty good things to lead his team to 3 superbowls while manning had great teams an just as great coach and only has 1 superbowl. Manning is the definition of a playoff choker. Fact is he underperforms when he needs to the most.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 03:37:14 PM »
lol yea n I like how shallow points out all these things brady has done wrong to lose games, go back n find what Manning has done to lose games u fool. U act like Brady is the only one to make a bad play. Ur analysis and picking out shit is completely one sided its funny. Fact is Brady must have done some pretty good things to lead his team to 3 superbowls while manning had great teams an just as great coach and only has 1 superbowl. Manning is the definition of a playoff choker. Fact is he underperforms when he needs to the most.

I've pointed out every bad throw by Manning from this season to every season before. I don't make excuses for bad decisions. But he never choked like Brady has. Brady in recent years has been playing with the lead or at least a tie and has found ways not to score. This is going back to the 05 year against Denver. The second they started believing he was Joe Montana and started letting him be creative is the second they stopped winning championships. Brady was at his best when he didn't have to be that good. Screen pass, screen pass, screen pass, screen pass fake stand in the pocket, hit the wide open guy. It was easy. Just like it was easy for Quinn at Notre Dame, for Cassel last year, and Kyle Orton this year. Put Brady in a spread and make him make tough trows by applying pressure and he fucks up way worse than Manning ever could.

Manning's chokes came in games where the opponent took and early lead and took the Indy run away an then ran down the throats of the small Indy D. The very fact that Indy is built around taking the lead should be proof that it depends more on QB play than NE. The current Pats can no longer rely on defensive three and outs and it's killing them. Brees, Warner, and Favre would all have much greater success with the current Pats than Brady is having.

OchoCinco

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 04:00:08 PM »
The fact is all ur arguments are "if" this had happened and "if" they had played this team and "if" so and so was the qb they would be better. The fact is those arent good arguments and show no proof of anything. 3 rings is proof, Manning under performing in the playoffs is proof. So you can say all the fuckin gibberish you want about "ifs" but that dont mean shit in the real world until that shit actually happens. I aint sayin Manning aint better then Brady but ur Brady hate and tryin to pick him apart is so fuckin retarded especially when you ur arguments revolve about what you think would happen in certain situations.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 04:31:30 PM »

I've pointed out every bad throw by Manning from this season to every season before. I don't make excuses for bad decisions. But he never choked like Brady has. Brady in recent years has been playing with the lead or at least a tie and has found ways not to score. This is going back to the 05 year against Denver. The second they started believing he was Joe Montana and started letting him be creative is the second they stopped winning championships. Brady was at his best when he didn't have to be that good. Screen pass, screen pass, screen pass, screen pass fake stand in the pocket, hit the wide open guy. It was easy. Just like it was easy for Quinn at Notre Dame, for Cassel last year, and Kyle Orton this year. Put Brady in a spread and make him make tough trows by applying pressure and he fucks up way worse than Manning ever could.

Manning's chokes came in games where the opponent took and early lead and took the Indy run away an then ran down the throats of the small Indy D. The very fact that Indy is built around taking the lead should be proof that it depends more on QB play than NE. The current Pats can no longer rely on defensive three and outs and it's killing them. Brees, Warner, and Favre would all have much greater success with the current Pats than Brady is having.

but...

i'll take losses in the regular season opposed to losses in the playoffs.

losing the Superbowl to the Giants (which i will call a FLUKE forever) is the only thing holding Tom Brady from the unanimous greatest season ever.

Jaydc

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 06:10:59 PM »
I think people use bradys rings as the only thing to defend him.Brady didnt win those rings,his team did.

In comparison to say hockey,the goalie is an important position like the qb in football.Chris osgood has won how many rings with the red wings now?So does that make him the best goalie in the league and one of the best ever?Not a fucking a chance.

Brady with any other team doesnt win a single ring.Most over rated quarter back of all time.

OchoCinco

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 07:06:33 PM »
lol i love when ppl say shit like the team won it not the qb, no shit idiot. Has a shitty team ever won the superbowl, no. The whole point of winning it is the best TEAMS get there to win it, not some chumps that get lucky all season. The fact is 100's of analysts and people that play football and been it around football for years say Brady is one of the best. So I think Ill go with them and the facts that show Brady is good lol, not some dude that probably thinks Sanchez is one of the best in the league, and some other that fully admitting to hating brady with a passion that he loses sleep when brady wins and cums in his pants when he fails.....

peyton manning career rating 95.3
tom brady 93.3

circa 2008
Peyton Manning's lifetime playoff stats throwing to Marvin Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and Edge/Addai:
21 TD's, 17 INT

Tom Brady's lifetime playoff stats throwing mostly to David Givens, David Patten, Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell, and Jabar Gaffney:
25 TD's, 12 INT

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 07:12:16 PM »
I think people use bradys rings as the only thing to defend him.Brady didnt win those rings,his team did.

In comparison to say hockey,the goalie is an important position like the qb in football.Chris osgood has won how many rings with the red wings now?So does that make him the best goalie in the league and one of the best ever?Not a fucking a chance.

Brady with any other team doesnt win a single ring.Most over rated quarter back of all time.

well then people need to stop making it out like Peyton wins games all by his lonesome.

i mean, Brady has two game winning drives in the Superbowl; the QB position will forever get the glory & title of "leading" those drives.

& this on-going argument of Brady not winning anywhere else is interesting & ridiculous.

what team would Peyton strive on besides a top contender? the Saints? Pats? Vikings? Chargers? those are the only teams i see him doing good on if you could place him any other teams in the NFL & they are fine without him; but i could see Brady winning on those teams too, judging by his ACTUAL stats & not my personal opinion of hate towards the man.

the only average team i could see Peyton going on & making them a strong contender is the Jets.

but regardless where he went, STATS & games that ACTUALLY happened, he cannot win in the playoffs, unless the Pats D choke on him in the playoffs & then get the mighty Bears in the Superbowl lol.

ThaChamp

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 07:13:22 PM »
both are superbowl championship teams

its hard to argue who is better but Colts are this year

Jaydc

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 10:27:32 PM »
lol i love when ppl say shit like the team won it not the qb, no shit idiot. Has a shitty team ever won the superbowl, no. The whole point of winning it is the best TEAMS get there to win it, not some chumps that get lucky all season. The fact is 100's of analysts and people that play football and been it around football for years say Brady is one of the best. So I think Ill go with them and the facts that show Brady is good lol, not some dude that probably thinks Sanchez is one of the best in the league, and some other that fully admitting to hating brady with a passion that he loses sleep when brady wins and cums in his pants when he fails.....

tom brady 93.3

circa 2008
Peyton Manning's lifetime playoff stats throwing to Marvin Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and Edge/Addai:
21 TD's, 17 INT

Tom Brady's lifetime playoff stats throwing mostly to David Givens, David Patten, Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell, and Jabar Gaffney:
25 TD's, 12 INT

I like how you conveniently leave randy moss and wes welkers name out out of bradys receivers to make it seem hes working with pedestrian wide receivers. ::)

Brady is good but hes nowhere near elite and nowhere near one of the best to every do it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »

well then people need to stop making it out like Peyton wins games all by his lonesome.

i mean, Brady has two game winning drives in the Superbowl; the QB position will forever get the glory & title of "leading" those drives.

& this on-going argument of Brady not winning anywhere else is interesting & ridiculous.

what team would Peyton strive on besides a top contender? the Saints? Pats? Vikings? Chargers? those are the only teams i see him doing good on if you could place him any other teams in the NFL & they are fine without him; but i could see Brady winning on those teams too, judging by his ACTUAL stats & not my personal opinion of hate towards the man.

the only average team i could see Peyton going on & making them a strong contender is the Jets.

but regardless where he went, STATS & games that ACTUALLY happened, he cannot win in the playoffs, unless the Pats D choke on him in the playoffs & then get the mighty Bears in the Superbowl lol.

I love how you back and forth on who wins games. The Osgood example was as good as it gets. He might have more playoff wins than any other goalie right now but he's nowhere near the best goalie of the era, and I'm a Red Wings fan. But the win/loss stats make a case for him.

I don't care about W/L stats. I don't care about TD stats, or yard starts, or anything of the sort. My argument for Manning over Brady in a landslide is based on this and this foremost; put each of them on the two worst teams in the league and both teams would still suck but the difference in my mind is Manning would still be amazing while Brady would suck as bad as the team he's on. Manning wouldn't turn the winless 70s Bucs into a playoff team. He might not even get them past 1 or 2 wins. But through it all he'd shine to the point where'd they'd build around him or another team would try like the devil to get him, like Denver did with Plummer. Brady, and I truly believe this would fall into obscurity. And I'm talking about if they were drafted by bad teams. I just don't think that if Brady was drafted by the Lions that he would have ever become a career starter in the NFL. While Manning never would have seen the bench no matter where he played.

Call me a dick suck, call me what you want. But I would have said the same thing in the 90s about Elway and Aikman, or the 80s about Marino and Montana, or the 70s about Tarkenton and Bradshaw, or the 60s about Unitas and Starr. It's not about Brady and Manning, it's about what I think about football. I've got no reason to think Manning over Brady other than the fact that I've watched them both as a Bills fan their whole careers and saw one play at a level higher than the other. And I mean playoffs too. Fuck stats. I watch games, not numbers.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 11:04:59 AM »
I think the Pats win the East still but do not go very far in the playoffs.

OchoCinco

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 11:12:04 AM »

tom brady 93.3

circa 2008
21 TD's, 17 INT

25 TD's, 12 INT

I like how you conveniently leave randy moss and wes welkers name out out of bradys receivers to make it seem hes working with pedestrian wide receivers. ::)

Brady is good but hes nowhere near elite and nowhere near one of the best to every do it.

he got moss in 2008, so sure some of those td were in that year but those are the stats leading up to the superbowl , so all 3 of those playoff games he had him. And welker came to the team in 2007. both players werent on the team when the pats dynasty took place.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 11:21:19 AM »

tom brady 93.3

circa 2008
21 TD's, 17 INT

25 TD's, 12 INT

he got moss in 2008, so sure some of those td were in that year but those are the stats leading up to the superbowl , so all 3 of those playoff games he had him. And welker came to the team in 2007. both players werent on the team when the pats dynasty took place.

I'll trade the decade's top defense, Charlie Wies, and video tapes of the other team's practices for Moss and Welker any day of the week.

OchoCinco

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2009, 11:25:01 AM »
every team does it, pats just got caught.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2009, 11:35:43 AM »
every team does it, pats just got caught.

Like I said, Crennel, Mangini, McDaniels, Wies>>>>>>>Moss, Welker, Brady. Because Drew Bledsoe would have 2 more rings if he never got hurt.