Author Topic: How about that AFC East?  (Read 569 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
How about that AFC East?
« on: December 06, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »
Except for my Bills, who deserve to be out of the race, the other three teams are in a dead heat. Pats are only 1 game up and have to win out to tie the record they had last year with Matt Cassel, they can't win on the road and have a very hard time dealing with second have adjustments made by other teams. Then the Jets and Fins are tied at 6-6 and both could win out. Fins have an easy run and Jets have Indy and Cinci but those games come after both teams should be clinched for home field and a bye. Pats have Car, Buf, Jack and then close it out in Houston. I say they go 3-1 in their lucky with the season closer in Houston doing them in. I predicted early that Buffalo would get vengeance on them in December and I still think that can happen, but I figure the Pats have to win at least 1 game this season in the opponents stadium and if it was between Buf and Hou I'd pick they win in Buffalo. But if the Bills commit to the power run with Lynch and their defense is hungry and angry enough they could squeeze that one out.

Jaydc

Re: How about that AFC East?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 02:30:06 PM »
Its going to be interesting.Seems the east will be like last season,with the division up for grabs but the wildecard not.

Jets I hope can win out but cinci and indy will be tough.Their running game has been solid all season and so has the defesen.If sanchez can limit the rookie mistakes then they have a slight chance.Losing four games on the last play has been pretty heartbreaking.Jets could easily have a much better record.

Patriots have been fairly pedestrian all year and I dont even think they deserve the record they have now.Other then the game against the titans who they wiped the floor with and had me thinking they were fully back.Their defense has been pretty weak all season.

I honestly thought the dolphins season last year was a total fluke and theyd be horrid this season.Then when they lost chad i thought they were done,then when they lost ronnie brown i thought for sure they were done but theyve shown a ton of heart and determination.I wouldnt be shocked if they steal the division again

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 02:35:53 PM »
Its going to be interesting.Seems the east will be like last season,with the division up for grabs but the wildecard not.

Jets I hope can win out but cinci and indy will be tough.Their running game has been solid all season and so has the defesen.If sanchez can limit the rookie mistakes then they have a slight chance.Losing four games on the last play has been pretty heartbreaking.Jets could easily have a much better record.

Patriots have been fairly pedestrian all year and I dont even think they deserve the record they have now.Other then the game against the titans who they wiped the floor with and had me thinking they were fully back.Their defense has been pretty weak all season.

I honestly thought the dolphins season last year was a total fluke and theyd be horrid this season.Then when they lost chad i thought they were done,then when they lost ronnie brown i thought for sure they were done but theyve shown a ton of heart and determination.I wouldnt be shocked if they steal the division again

I called Henne and eventual success when he was drafted and I call a system more important than a player when it comes to most players. But if you told me that the Dolphins would lose Chad and Ronnie mid season and still be a game back of the division lead and beat the Pats I'd have called you crazy. Now, they have the best shot at running the table from here out, but they need one loss by the Pats and I think that will happen. So all Miami needs to do is win. The Titans will be their toughest game I think.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »
^success?

i think Chad Henne is like 2/30 when throwing a ball more than 20 yards lol.

anyway, the Jets are winning this division!

but the Pats got the Jags next week. :-X

Jaydc

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 03:25:10 PM »
^success?

Hes a rookie.No rookie qbs have impressive numbers.All that matters in the end is wins,and hes getting those wins.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 03:27:24 PM »
^success?

Hes a rookie.No rookie qbs have impressive numbers.All that matters in the end is wins,and hes getting those wins.

he's better than Pennington; i'll give him that.

but this team is doomed without Brown; that Wildcat is what wins them games.

but impressive win today.

OchoCinco

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 03:38:06 PM »
Henny >> Sanchez so far. Both have had dec rookie years but Henny hasnt made as many costly mistakes as Sanchez has to screw his team over.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 03:40:57 PM »
Henny >> Sanchez so far. Both have had dec rookie years but Henny hasnt made as many costly mistakes as Sanchez has to screw his team over.

different offenses though.

i agree Henne has been the better QB, but before Ronnie Brown was injured, the entire offense was run, run, run & hopefully Henne wouldn't turn the ball over.

now we are going to see a more fundemental team, with a bigger mix of pass & after today, i was impressed.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 03:44:21 PM »
^success?

I didn't call him a current success. I called him an eventual success. What I meant by it was I predicted him to become a great QB after learning from Chad, but I didn't think 1.5 years would do it and despite that the Dolphins are winning with him and their second RB.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 03:45:19 PM »
^success?

I didn't call him a current success. I called him an eventual success. What I meant by it was I predicted him to become a great QB after learning from Chad, but I didn't think 1.5 years would do it and despite that the Dolphins are winning with him and their second RB.

i gotcha, boss.

boy's got a gun.

Boss Tweed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 07:18:27 PM »
^success?

he's better than Pennington; i'll give him that.

but this team is doomed without Brown; that Wildcat is what wins them games.

but impressive win today.

They barely run the wildcat anymore, even before Ronnie Brown went down.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 10:08:46 PM »
I hate to beat a dead horse, actually in this case I love it, but I said long ago that when the pressure is on and the Pats are losing, not tied, during last minute drives, Tom Brady buckles. And this was just one more example of Tom Brady making stupid decisions in the face of failure. You get him worried and he isn't even mediocre compared to the rest. INT against the Colts in 06. 3 stupid bomb plays against the Giants with 3 TOs, and today what was he thinking making that throw. What was it? Second down, down by 1 point? People rag on Peyton for it but when Brady does it, even worse, it gets ignored. But all those clutch wins in the last minute they rave about were tie games and he had the ball last. When you can afford to be patient and you are patient. When you can't, you have to be amazing, and Tom Terrific isn't.

Respond anyway you want Cham. You won't bring me down from this high.

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 10:17:23 PM »
yeah that was a fucking brutal pass. There was no NE WR in sight lol. Wtf was he thinking
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 10:04:13 AM »
I hate to beat a dead horse, actually in this case I love it, but I said long ago that when the pressure is on and the Pats are losing, not tied, during last minute drives, Tom Brady buckles. And this was just one more example of Tom Brady making stupid decisions in the face of failure. You get him worried and he isn't even mediocre compared to the rest. INT against the Colts in 06. 3 stupid bomb plays against the Giants with 3 TOs, and today what was he thinking making that throw. What was it? Second down, down by 1 point? People rag on Peyton for it but when Brady does it, even worse, it gets ignored. But all those clutch wins in the last minute they rave about were tie games and he had the ball last. When you can afford to be patient and you are patient. When you can't, you have to be amazing, and Tom Terrific isn't.

Respond anyway you want Cham. You won't bring me down from this high.

all the response nessesary for that.

OchoCinco

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 10:08:59 AM »
lol too true, how many does manning have on all those great teams he has been on? O ya 1.