Author Topic: How about that AFC East?  (Read 571 times)

OchoCinco

Re: How about that AFC East?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »
yah crennel and daniels have gone so far since leaving...best defences ever for the browns.......

so does it mean that dungy is a shity coach? he leaves and his replacement has them with a perfect record? So that mean that its all the other coaches and players? not dungy?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 11:45:07 AM by Ocho »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2009, 12:04:57 PM »
you guys hate Tom Brady; end of story.

nothing he does will get him credit, you just hate him lol.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 12:06:08 PM »
yah crennel and daniels have gone so far since leaving...best defences ever for the browns.......

so does it mean that dungy is a shity coach? he leaves and his replacement has them with a perfect record? So that mean that its all the other coaches and players? not dungy?

Gretzky left the Oilers and never won another Cup, while Messier stayed behind and won one more with the Oilers and then another in NY. I'd like to see someone say Messier is even in the same league as Gretz.

Moss went to Oakland and stunk it up.

The point of this is that individuals don't win or lose championships. The NE coaching staff of the early 2000s was like the late 90s Yankees. No one would really stand out if they left the team but together they won championships and they knew how to plan a game, and change a strategy when the planned one wasn't working.

You put Bellicheck, Weis, Crennel, and Mangini on any team in 2000 and by 2002 they'll win a Superbowl. That's how important I think a coaching staff is to a team. Dungy left but the team is almost the exact same as far as coaches go. His understudy just took over and kept a lot of the same things going. Just like when Walsh retired and the 9ers won the SB the next year with out him. The whole team of co-ordinaters is more important than the single head coach, so long as the new head coach lets it run the same way. Just like how Tomlin came in as a defensive guy but never told LeBeau how to do anything.

Dungy was a great coach for working with what he had. Polian fucked with that team too often. I still say they would have had another 1 or 2 rings if they kept Faulk. I like Edge, but as a runner or a catcher he's not Marshall.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2009, 12:07:45 PM »

i told you that coaches were overrated.

it's talent!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2009, 12:15:32 PM »
you guys hate Tom Brady; end of story.

nothing he does will get him credit, you just hate him lol.

The second he shows me he can perform like a champ when the chips are down against a real team, whether he wins or loses the game, I will give him credit. But to this day all he has shown me is he can win when it's in his favor to win, and when the game is on the line and his team is down he has done nothing but screw up in big games. From fumbling against Oakland, to throwing a pick 6 at Denver in the redzone, to the INT against Indy, to getting shut down by the Giants and missing wide open guys for 1st down conversions all game and then airing out those punts to Moss for no reward at the end. Mr Clutch? I don't think so.

Just show me some tough throws under pressure, thread the needle when all hope is lost, or pass that perfect fade route to the back of the end zone and I'll admit I was wrong.

EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT BRADY I ONCE SAID ABOUT KOBE! FACT! KOBE WON LAST YEAR, LEAD HIS TEAM, AND I APOLOGIZED TO NIK, ADMITTED I WAS WRONG, AND I EVEN DEFEND KOBE NOW!

I don't take things personally in sport or hold grudges for no reason. I legitimately do not see what is so special about the way Brady plays the game. So stop trying to pass the buck and blame my personal feelings, because my personal feelings don't mean shit when it comes to how good I think a player is at what he does.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2009, 12:28:01 PM »
^see what i mean?

"punts to Moss".

where when Peyton makes throws like that, they are "perfect" passes.

you love Peyton & hate Brady; if 3 rings, which two were on game winning drives lead by him aren't enough; i don't know what to tell you.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2009, 12:33:25 PM »
^see what i mean?

"punts to Moss".

you love Peyton & hate Brady; if 3 rings, which two were on game winning drives lead by him aren't enough; i don't know what to tell you.

A perfect pass is Peyton to Garcon from this past week. A jump ball to a 6'6'' WR is punt. Moss had the NY defenders beat but because Brady's throw was too high, which is why I call it a punt, Moss had to slow down, let the DB catch up, and not make the play. I don't understand how you can't see that. There is no doubt that Peyton is better at hitting over the shoulder long balls in stride than Brady is. That's why they use things that can't be measured or judged to put Brady in the argument, like cool or calm or poise. It's a nice way of saying he can't make the throws but his team wins a lot so we have to give him credit.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »
^see what i mean?

"punts to Moss".

A perfect pass is Peyton to Garcon from this past week. A jump ball to a 6'6'' WR is punt. Moss had the NY defenders beat but because Brady's throw was too high, which is why I call it a punt, Moss had to slow down, let the DB catch up, and not make the play. I don't understand how you can't see that. There is no doubt that Peyton is better at hitting over the shoulder long balls in stride than Brady is. That's why they use things that can't be measured or judged to put Brady in the argument, like cool or calm or poise. It's a nice way of saying he can't make the throws but his team wins a lot so we have to give him credit.

i say, use what you got.

but i know that first drive against the Phins this week was a "Peyton Perfect" pass to Moss.

you don't need to be as perfect as long as you win.

i don't see how you become bad just because you can't make the same throws as arguably the greatest QB ever lol.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2009, 09:06:46 PM »
^see what i mean?

"punts to Moss".

i say, use what you got.

but i know that first drive against the Phins this week was a "Peyton Perfect" pass to Moss.

you don't need to be as perfect as long as you win.

i don't see how you become bad just because you can't make the same throws as arguably the greatest QB ever lol.

You don't become bad because you aren't the best. But when time after time you've shown you cannot make tough throws under pressure you become not great. And that's all I've said from day one. Very good QB, but not great, about Tom Brady.

P.S. - given the distance and the situation I won't say Peyton would have thrown that ball to Moss any different, but it wasn't perfect, like the Garcon pass.