Author Topic: Check Out Cube's New Blog: The Voice of Cube  (Read 1464 times)

Okka

Re: Check Out Cube's New Blog: The Voice of Cube
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2010, 04:16:11 AM »
WC had some bomb beats for Guilty By Affiliation. Had pretty much the same crew as Cube did.

Hell yeah, i hope Cube/WC still fuckin with Teak Da Beatsmith Underdue & Dee Underdue.

Paul

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2010, 06:08:02 AM »
Ice Cube...in my opinion - greatest rapper of all time. Do I mean from the West Coast? Nope, I mean PERIOD.
funkyfreshintheflesh

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2010, 06:35:12 AM »
yeah wc's album was cool but could have been better
THIS IS LOS ANGELES....DAMN THAT SONG IS STILL MY FAVORITE AND ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES
STR8 BANGERS RIGHT HERE
CONNECTED FOR LIFE
LET IT REIGN
THE STREETS
THIS IS L.A.

str8 dopeness

WC had some bomb beats for Guilty By Affiliation. Had pretty much the same crew as Cube did.

Hell yeah, i hope Cube/WC still fuckin with Teak Da Beatsmith Underdue & Dee Underdue.

krs one>>>>ice cube
and theres many more but overall cube got beat on the bets rapper of all time in the world

Ice Cube...in my opinion - greatest rapper of all time. Do I mean from the West Coast? Nope, I mean PERIOD.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2010, 08:40:27 AM »
4th blog below.  Y'all should submit some questions to the man.  He answered mine regarding Jerry Heller's book, "Ruthless."  Anyway, have a look:

Superbowl Time
Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 12:17 AM By: Ice Cube

What Up Fam, this is the voice of Cube.

Who you got in the Super Bowl? I got the Saints by 3. New Orleans needs the win more then Indiana (birthplace of the Klan). If it wasn't for the Saints and Hornets New Orleans would be left for dead. I'mma check out the Bowl at the house with the family and friends this year. Not too many people over. I've been to 5 SuperBowls. Seen one, you've seen them all. Love the game but hated the hassle. When I go somewhere as a fan, I always end up part of the show. It's cool. I knew the job was dangerous when I took it. Go Saints!

Next week, I got a few movie meetings and I'm working on my new photoshoot. My last two records where studio photoshoots. I want to go out and hit the city this time. Feel L.A. in the background. The industry continues to overlook the West Coast and it's my personal mission to keep us on the map. Most of the hip hop promotional vehicles are located in New York and Atlanta. So we always get the short end of the stick, but what else is new. No complaints.

Shot out to my folks in the Middle East, Edmonton, Detroit and Modesto,CA. I got a question the other day asking if I'd read Jerry Heller's book "Ruthless." In the book, Jerry Heller was hating on me. The answer is "No." Why? Because Jerry didn't know me outside of the studio at all. I met Jerry Heller in the fall of 1988 when we we're working on Eazy E's record, "Eazy Duz It". He walked into the studio and Eazy told us he was going to work with us. It was a done deal. No vote. Eazy's decision. I really didn't care. All I wanted to do was rip the mic. My first impression was..."why would this old white man with gray hair wanna manage our group". I didn't trust him and asked alot of questions. He didn't like me from day one because of that. He tried to get me to sign a contract without a lawyer several times. I knew he was a crook, so I left the group. BECAUSE OF HIM. JERRY HELLER BROKE UP N.W.A. I've talked to Eazy's wife Tameka Wright recently and she said Eazy was about to fire Jerry before he came up dead. I heard Jerry hooked him up with the doctor. Don't go to Cedar Sinai Medical Center if you wanna live.

Another question: Why did I pick Modesto, CA for the setting of Janky Promoters? I love giving shot outs to California city that people rarely hear from. In Next Friday we used Rancho Cucamonga. Its all love. Somebody gotta rep the West. Peace to everybody checking in on me everyweek. I'm reading everything.

Holla.
Cube

Chad Vader

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2010, 08:56:22 AM »
I got a question the other day asking if I'd read Jerry Heller's book "Ruthless." In the book, Jerry Heller was hating on me.
The answer is "No."
Why?
Because Jerry didn't know me outside of the studio at all. I met Jerry Heller in the fall of 1988 when we we're working on Eazy E's record, "Eazy Duz It".
He walked into the studio and Eazy told us he was going to work with us. It was a done deal. No vote. Eazy's decision.
I really didn't care. All I wanted to do was rip the mic.
My first impression was..."why would this old white man with gray hair wanna manage our group".
I didn't trust him and asked alot of questions. He didn't like me from day one because of that. He tried to get me to sign a contract without a lawyer several times.
I knew he was a crook, so I left the group.

BECAUSE OF HIM. JERRY HELLER BROKE UP N.W.A.
I've talked to Eazy's wife Tameka Wright recently and she said Eazy was about to fire Jerry before he came up dead.
I heard Jerry hooked him up with the doctor. Don't go to Cedar Sinai Medical Center if you wanna live.

This pretty much says it all...  :-[

Y'all should submit some questions to the man.  He answered mine regarding Jerry Heller's book, "Ruthless."  Anyway, have a look:

Dope  ;)
I got a question:
-if he could leak "overnight blackman" and the other joint he did with Ren and Bobcat.

Overnight Blackman unreleased NWA track; (Hip Hop Connection December 1989 #11)

^^^^ I posted a better scan of this a couple of pages back ^^^^

^^^^^^^
It looks like there's two (at least) unreleased NWA tracks; (Ren also talks about a gang off leftovers from the Niggaz4Life sessions in his thaformula.com interview)
-One Cube & Ren track
-Overnight Blackman (Ren solo?)

^^^^
would nice if DubCNN could ask Ren and/or Cube about these next time DubCNN catch up with them.
Same with the War disc leftover (unreleased) that BobCat produced;

Yash:
What happened to that track you and Cube did with Bobcat it was suppose to be on his war album?
MC Ren:
He didn't use it he had told me last time I talked to him he was gonna put that shit on somethin change the beat make it more updated put the vocals and shit on it.
I'm sure it gone come out one day if it don't come out now somebody gone put that muthafucka out in ten years from now.

Read rest of the interview here;
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=44467.msg500532#msg500532
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:00:07 AM by Vader The D.O.G »

Okka

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2010, 08:58:07 AM »
I wanna know what happened to that Ren/Bobcat track too. Laconic, you should ask him that.

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2010, 06:16:03 PM »
Man Cube is a true OG....given people the real. Janky Promoters was a dope movie...woulda done good numbers at the box office(Much better than First Sunday). Fuck Jerry Heller....How Easy let a Jew break up his crew?? Cube kept that shit Gangsta.

And most def. fuck the Oscars...I was saying the other day Black folks only win those awards when there displayed in a negative light....yeah we gotta a black president but racism still exists....so fuck'em!!!

cubedogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2010, 07:30:06 PM »
I got a question the other day asking if I'd read Jerry Heller's book "Ruthless." In the book, Jerry Heller was hating on me.
The answer is "No."
Why?
Because Jerry didn't know me outside of the studio at all. I met Jerry Heller in the fall of 1988 when we we're working on Eazy E's record, "Eazy Duz It".
He walked into the studio and Eazy told us he was going to work with us. It was a done deal. No vote. Eazy's decision.
My first impression was..."why would this old white man with gray hair wanna manage our group".
I didn't trust him and asked alot of questions. He didn't like me from day one because of that. He tried to get me to sign a contract without a lawyer several times.

I've talked to Eazy's wife Tameka Wright recently and she said Eazy was about to fire Jerry before he came up dead.
I heard Jerry hooked him up with the doctor. Don't go to Cedar Sinai Medical Center if you wanna live.

Y'all should submit some questions to the man.  He answered mine regarding Jerry Heller's book, "Ruthless."  Anyway, have a look:

Dope  ;)
I got a question:
-if he could leak "overnight blackman" and the other joint he did with Ren and Bobcat.

^^^^^^^
It looks like there's two (at least) unreleased NWA tracks; (Ren also talks about a gang off leftovers from the Niggaz4Life sessions in his thaformula.com interview)
-One Cube & Ren track

^^^^
would nice if DubCNN could ask Ren and/or Cube about these next time DubCNN catch up with them.

Yash:
What happened to that track you and Cube did with Bobcat it was suppose to be on his war album?
MC Ren:
He didn't use it he had told me last time I talked to him he was gonna put that shit on somethin change the beat make it more updated put the vocals and shit on it.
I'm sure it gone come out one day if it don't come out now somebody gone put that muthafucka out in ten years from now.

Then join his site and ask him :)

Chad Vader

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2010, 11:22:54 PM »
The answer is "No."
Why?

Dope  ;)
I got a question:

^^^^^^^
-One Cube & Ren track

^^^^

Yash:
MC Ren:

Then join his site and ask him :)

nah....

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2010, 12:47:34 AM »
lol nice job Laconic.

too bad Cube didn't read the book properly

Chad Vader

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2010, 12:54:46 AM »

lol nice job Laconic.

Don't you know,a Jew wrote it  :P :P :P :P

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2010, 12:55:37 AM »

lol nice job Laconic.

Don't you know,a Jew wrote it  :P :P :P :P

yeah i can connect the dots, but he's missing out  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cubedogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2010, 06:48:28 PM »
What' up Fam, this is the voice of Cube

As you know, the Super Bowl went my way. Congrats to New Orleans and the Saints. But we don't have a team in L.A. and the Raiders aren't in it, so my happiness wore off pretty quick. Went to see the Lakers beat the Spurs last week without Kobe. I also heard he wasn't playing in the All-Star game...Is it worth watching now? Maybe. Depends on what I'm doing Sunday. Taking my wife away for the weekend. This week coming up is a busy one for ya' boy. 2 movie premieres, son's basketball game and my daughter's sweet 16 party. I got DJ Crazy Toones on the wheels of steel for her. She wants a 80's theme party. Right up our alley. The Golden Age of Hip-Hop, Prince, MJ & Vanity 6. Time to school the new school.

Speaking of MJ, MC Kalmron asked me how did I feel about Michael Jackson's death. I was in NY when I saw it come across the ticker; that he was rushed to the hospital. I was concerned but thought Mike needs to just take it easy. But when I heard he died, I kinda went numb. In shock. It was like a piece of my childhood died. As the facts came out, I was pissed off at his doctor for letting him pass away right under his nose. Didn't he know he was dealing with a man that was precious to this world? Dumb fuck! Then after a few days went by, I started realizing that Dr. Conrad Murray didn't kill Michael Jackson...we did. With all the jokes and stories, the laughing and pointing. Our criticism was the reason Mike was getting high on all that shit. He wanted our love and acceptance. We loved the music he produced but threw the man away. That's wack...

I'm just now trying to embrace the internet as a way to connect directly to my fam. Any ideas you have to make this site better is welcomed by me and my staff. We want to give you first dibs on everything new with me and my career. Make you a part of it. The worldwide Westside must come together to preserve the music we love. Gangsta Rap aka Street Knowledge has been under attack since the late 80's. In 1993, our major hip-hop outlets (MTV & BET) decided not to play hip-hop with a message anymore but to broadcast "escapizm." Hip-hop with no clear message. Just drinking, smoking, fucking and partying...and now we're stuck right here.

I was also asked by ya'll about my old group, DA LENCHMOB. We see each other from time to time at different events. The music business is not what it's cracked up to be, and if you don't have true love for it...you will quickly grow sour. I think the politics and pressures of the business was too much for everybody to stay together. Far as I know, I'm the only one still in the business. We all grew up and grew apart but there's no love lost. J-Dee writes me all the time. I was also asked about Hutch and ATL. When I first left N.W.A., Hutch took it real personal. But we got nothing but respect for each other today. We laugh about it when we see each other. Mack-10? He was way out of line a few years ago (family business). I don't fuck with dude no more. After 20 years in the game, nothing surprises me. Day by day the game gets dumber. I just focus on my fans nowadays. At the end of the day, that's all an artist has. His work and the people who appreciate it.

Answering more questions. Why don't I do more gangsta movies and dramas? I'm a victim of my own success. My comedies make money and that's what Hollywood comes at me with. Those are the movies I seem to get made before my dramatic scripts. I have them. I'd rather do dramas.

My old CD's on Priority Records? Buy them. Yes, I still get paid from those old records.

ESPN "Straight Outta L.A." doc.? Air date is sometimes in May. No NWA doc. on the schedule.

NWA movie? Trying to put it together with Tameka Wright's company. Trying to get a script together.

Shots out to: Slovakia & Boston...

Keep It Gangsta,
Cube

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2010, 09:33:01 PM »
Speaking of MJ, MC Kalmron asked me how did I feel about Michael Jackson's death. I was in NY when I saw it come across the ticker; that he was rushed to the hospital. I was concerned but thought Mike needs to just take it easy. But when I heard he died, I kinda went numb. In shock. It was like a piece of my childhood died. As the facts came out, I was pissed off at his doctor for letting him pass away right under his nose. Didn't he know he was dealing with a man that was precious to this world? Dumb fuck! Then after a few days went by, I started realizing that Dr. Conrad Murray didn't kill Michael Jackson...we did. With all the jokes and stories, the laughing and pointing. Our criticism was the reason Mike was getting high on all that shit. He wanted our love and acceptance. We loved the music he produced but threw the man away. That's wack...

Yeahhhh men, real talk, FUCK that nigga. Bet chu if it was a got damn Beatle, ass would be charged wit 2nd Degree Murder. Fuckin' him over from the grave.

Hip-hop with no clear message. Just drinking, smoking, fucking and partying...and now we're stuck right here.
Revive it pleaseee. It needs that opinionated controversial TRUTH. And Ice Cube is like the last nigga left.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2010, 06:44:19 AM »
thought that was nas
"last real N*gga alive"

Yeahhhh men, real talk, FUCK that nigga. Bet chu if it was a got damn Beatle, ass would be charged wit 2nd Degree Murder. Fuckin' him over from the grave.

Hip-hop with no clear message. Just drinking, smoking, fucking and partying...and now we're stuck right here.
Revive it pleaseee. It needs that opinionated controversial TRUTH. And Ice Cube is like the last nigga left.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.