Author Topic: Whats the story about Cube scared of Glasses Malone?  (Read 1246 times)

cubedogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
Whats the story about Cube scared of Glasses Malone?
« on: March 02, 2010, 03:10:30 PM »
I keep reading snippets about it but i cant find the full story.
Can anybody break this shit down for me?

Elano

Re: Whats the story about Cube scared of Glasses Malone?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 03:11:19 PM »
bullshit

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 03:14:16 PM »
Glasses Malone: I've always stated that I've never had personal problems with Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube. Snoop Dogg is one of my favorite rappers and Ice Cube influenced my style. You can hear Ice Cube in my style. I don't think it was ever an issue of me not liking or disrespecting them but I am a competitive dude and I come up under their reign of competitive nature. The veterans are very competitive with each other. Naturally I come in to this business as a competitor, especially if that artist is not responsible for my career. I want to be as dope as Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube, damn it. I didn't get in to this business to be below anybody. That competitive nature on the microphone tends to make me an outcast.

Ice Cube, I don't know if I will ever get that collaboration because him and Mack 10 aren't seeing eye to eye anymore – and I'm Hoo-Bangin' to the motherf****in' fullest. As long as those two aren't getting along, I can't see myself ever working with Cube. Plus, Kam is my mentor – so who knows how all of that is going to work out. There is no disrespect though. A video surfaced online saying that I said Ice Cube was scared when I first met him – and he was! He was in a Watts V.I.P. Records Store and he was not comfortable. It was weird to me because he's f***in' Ice Cube the Predator! He's supposed to be the Predator. You would think he would be comfortable in any environment. In the West Coast Connection group he was the “Killa” out of the Gangsta and the Dope Dealer. It was awkward to me and that's when I first learned that making music is just music. I admit that being a kid and having all of his albums that I believed he was what he said in his music. Saying that though is not calling him out or disrespecting his name. I was speaking as a fan meeting his favorite artist – anybody would be shocked. That's like someone meeting Too $hort and him being respectful to women (laughs). You expect Too $hort to call a woman a b***h because he's Too $hort. People can get sensitive in this business but Ice Cube has to know that I don't mean no disrespect. I'm your favorite f***in' fan goddammit!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

cubedogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 03:16:08 PM »
So basically, hes saying Cube is a studio gangsta?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 03:19:23 PM »
haha some have said before....but that dont seem right
cube scared of g malone....altho cube been checked before right?

but damn choosin mack 10 over cube...not a good choice
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

cubedogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 03:21:07 PM »
True shit. Mack 10 is irrelevant, and heres another interview i found:

http://www.djbooth.net/index/interviews/entry/glasses-malone-interview-0129081/

DJ Booth:  Okay.  Ice Cube , who I’m sure you favored growing up, just released his single, “Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It.”  At the end of that song, he says, “For all you who talk about gangsta rap, don’t get on TV talkin’ about it, ‘cause nine times out of ten, you don’t know what the *expletive* you’re talking about.”  When Cube makes that remark, who is he talking about?

G. Malone:  I hope he’s talking about people like himself, who are still makin’ records that’s gangsta, about what he would do to somebody or something, and how he’s in a position now where his whole life is changed.  I hope he’s referring to himself and other people who do not live the gangsta lifestyle.  I think that’s the biggest sham ever.  That’s one thing I respect about rappers like Scarface , peeps who may be gangstas, but now they at a certain point in their life to where they actually release music that is wisdom-filled.  I don’t think a lot of the dudes that were gangsta rappers from here, which actually aren’t living that lifestyle anymore, are releasing wisdom with their music.  And I think that the wisdom Cube does portray in that song, “Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It,” I think he’s talkin’ about a lot of rappers, of his caliber, rappers who aren’t gangstas at all, things of that magnitude.

Read more: http://www.djbooth.net/index/interviews/entry/glasses-malone-interview-0129081/#ixzz0h7iL6vfQ

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 03:22:58 PM »
No lies there.

Muhfukka

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 03:26:37 PM »

cubedogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 03:28:03 PM »
No lies there.

Yeah, i keep hearing hes a phony. But hes still one of my faves from the West.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 03:30:13 PM »
word is he chose his wife....im not sayin thats bad or good
but he chose his wife over jdee????
in that whole deal
Cube

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »
I might have to ask Cube about the G. Malone situation without trying to stir up any bullshit.  We'll see.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 03:35:16 PM »
It was from the Joe Buddens Intervention video......where a bunch of rappers that were on tour (Malone included) gave Budden an intervention on being an asshole. The Cube story made it on the video for some reason. It wasn't about Cube being afraid of Malone either... From Malone's story, Cube was out in Watts at the VIP Records store there for a signing and was very uncomfortable being there. According to the story, it was Malone's first meeting with Cube and from the sounds of it, it was before his rap days.

The video was up on WorldstarHipHop...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

cubedogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 03:41:18 PM »
It was from the Joe Buddens Intervention video......where a bunch of rappers that were on tour (Malone included) gave Budden an intervention on being an asshole. The Cube story made it on the video for some reason. It wasn't about Cube being afraid of Malone either... From Malone's story, Cube was out in Watts at the VIP Records store there for a signing and was very uncomfortable being there. According to the story, it was Malone's first meeting with Cube and from the sounds of it, it was before his rap days.

The video was up on WorldstarHipHop...

Yeah, but they removed it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 03:44:14 PM »
cube might go in on malone on his new album...lol
he was talkin to someone on those new records he was playin
Cube

cubedogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 04:21:42 PM »
cube might go in on malone on his new album...lol
he was talkin to someone on those new records he was playin

lol, yeah he was.