Author Topic: and Captain America is..  (Read 860 times)

The Watcher

and Captain America is..
« on: March 23, 2010, 05:19:39 AM »
Chris Evans ("Fantastic Four" films) has accepted Marvel Studios' offer for him to play Steve Rogers/Captain America in the Joe Johnston-directed The First Avenger: Captain America. Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely wrote the script.

Marvel would not comment on the development, but we expect the official announcement will be made soon.

The deal calls for Evans to star in at least three "Captain America" movies, with the first hitting theaters on July 22, 2011.

He would reprise the role in The Avengers, which will united Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and the Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton) in one film. That film is scheduled for May 4, 2012. The character also will likely make cameo appearances in Marvel's other films.

Hugo Weaving will play the villain Red Skull in The First Avenger: Captain America.

--

would've preferred to see Jensen Ackles (Dean from Supernatural) get the job, but Chris Evans will probably pull it off
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Fraxxx

Re: and Captain America is..
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 05:23:08 AM »
That's a fucking joke. Letting one actor play two characters from the same universe... And a bad one, that is! >:(
i donīt need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 07:25:39 AM »
I could buy this guy as Steve Rogers before he becomes Captain A but that's about it. Not that I even care. I'm willing to bet the best of the bunch of these films will have been Iron Man and I really didn't like it as much as most people did, so no matter who played Cap I wouldn't like this film.

Jaydc

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 08:10:11 AM »
This movie is going to be terrible.You know how I know?Joe Johnston is directing it.The same guy that directed daredevil and ghost rider  :bomb:

Blasphemy

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:53:03 AM »
This movie is going to be terrible.You know how I know? Because Captain America was nothing more then a 1950s Old Gimmick created outta fear of Communism, which is obvious by his bastardize Red, White and blue costume, that not even a Red neck on Halloween would wear. The fact that America is at a time where it's more corrupt then ever really destroys Captain America as a Character, because Patriotism is retarded.

Fixed it 4 you. Hopefully Captain America figures out america is evil. well, least it better then this one.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/10915-captaina lol

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 10:42:26 AM »
This movie is going to be terrible.You know how I know? Because Captain America was nothing more then a 1950s Old Gimmick created outta fear of Communism, which is obvious by his bastardize Red, White and blue costume, that not even a Red neck on Halloween would wear. The fact that America is at a time where it's more corrupt then ever really destroys Captain America as a Character, because Patriotism is retarded.

Fixed it 4 you. Hopefully Captain America figures out america is evil. well, least it better then this one.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/10915-captaina lol

That guy's a better Captain A than Johnny Storm. At least he looks like a grown man.

And Special agent, Captain A had some of his best years in recent decades. You can tell some great stories around him. He was created for the reason you said, but a real captain America in today's world would still be a hero in the public eye.

Fraxxx

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 03:21:45 PM »
This movie is going to be terrible.You know how I know?Joe Johnston is directing it.The same guy that directed daredevil and ghost rider  :bomb:

Oh fuuuuck! Really? Why not the guy who did the F4 movies? :D

Hey curious guys, do you know the Civil War storyline? That would be the perfect subject matter to do some movies about, including ALL the Marvel spin-offs! And Oliver Stone should direct it!

JohnnyL

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 03:33:36 PM »
 I have no problem with the actor, but he does seem a bit small for Captain America. I'll reserve judgment on this whole thing until I see more, but I do find it weird that Marvel has twice now casted relatively normal size actors to play their characters.  They did the same thing with casting for the Thor movie.  There was a lot of fan support for casting Alexander Skarsgard (from True Blood) as Thor (which seemed like pretty good choice as he looks about the right size/build), but Marvel ended up casting Chris Hemsworth (from 2009's "Star Trek") as Thor.  Maybe Hemsworth will be a good Thor, but he doesn't seem all that big, and I've not really seen him in anything other than his bit role in "Star Trek."
 At least with Chris Evans, he's had several movie roles in the genre.

Fraxxx

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 04:29:47 PM »
I have no problem with the actor, but he does seem a bit small for Captain America. I'll reserve judgment on this whole thing until I see more, but I do find it weird that Marvel has twice now casted relatively normal size actors to play their characters.  They did the same thing with casting for the Thor movie.  There was a lot of fan support for casting Alexander Skarsgard (from True Blood) as Thor (which seemed like pretty good choice as he looks about the right size/build), but Marvel ended up casting Chris Hemsworth (from 2009's "Star Trek") as Thor.  Maybe Hemsworth will be a good Thor, but he doesn't seem all that big, and I've not really seen him in anything other than his bit role in "Star Trek."

For playing Thor he better get roided the fuck up!

JohnnyL

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 05:57:21 PM »

For playing Thor he better get roided the fuck up!

Yeah.  That's what I thought too.  That guy seems way too small for Thor.

JohnnyL

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 06:08:54 PM »

Actually, Captain America dates back to the early 1940s, which is also the time-frame when the movie is supposed to be set (at least at the start of the movie).  I will agree with you though that that "Captain America" movie from that review stunk to high heaven.  That was when Marvel didn't spend any money on their movies.  There was a Fantastic Four movie made around that time too that was equally cheesey.  It was so bad in fact that I don't think it was ever even officially released.  But I'm sure you can find it online.
 As far as making a Captain America movie where Captain America thinks America is evil, I'm not sure that would work. lol

Fraxxx

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 02:10:59 AM »

Hahaha, I watched that movie about 12 years ago and I couldn't remember anything. This recap is hillarious. I just love it how he steals two cars with the same stupid trick. :D
+1 for this!

Blasphemy

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »

Actually, Captain America dates back to the early 1940s, which is also the time-frame when the movie is supposed to be set (at least at the start of the movie).  I will agree with you though that that "Captain America" movie from that review stunk to high heaven.  That was when Marvel didn't spend any money on their movies.  There was a Fantastic Four movie made around that time too that was equally cheesey.  It was so bad in fact that I don't think it was ever even officially released.  But I'm sure you can find it online.
 As far as making a Captain America movie where Captain America thinks America is evil, I'm not sure that would work. lol

Actually you could have a good Character Trait, were Captain America realizes that America is both a evil and good place, and is thus torn as given Allegiance to the country, and despite the fact they do more evil then good, he realizes that by pledging his Allegiance he is protecting America's people who are just citizens trying to survive in this harsh ass land. Considering the Characters traits, I honestly think this hero could present us with political thought provoking concepts. A course, they won't because that's something more of Ironman/batman type of ideal, no I bet this shit will be like Spider Man... except crappier because like I said, Captain America in a Post-9/11 world, in which American government has been embroiled into Controversy that's not been this huge since the Vietnam days, can't actually be a pure good Super Hero that won't gather any Political bravado.

No the only way this character could work (For me atleast) is that he's a representation of how America's government and politics have brought destruction, and in that way (in some cases) good. A course, the more I think the more I think Captain America could actually be a very good Character. but I doubt they'll utilize him into anything more then a simple Kiddish comic book hero. Guess I'm just thinking 2 much of a more Adult  scale.

Fraxxx

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 04:36:07 PM »

Actually you could have a good Character Trait, were Captain America realizes that America is both a evil and good place, and is thus torn as given Allegiance to the country, and despite the fact they do more evil then good, he realizes that by pledging his Allegiance he is protecting America's people who are just citizens trying to survive in this harsh ass land. Considering the Characters traits, I honestly think this hero could present us with political thought provoking concepts. A course, they won't because that's something more of Ironman/batman type of ideal, no I bet this shit will be like Spider Man... except crappier because like I said, Captain America in a Post-9/11 world, in which American government has been embroiled into Controversy that's not been this huge since the Vietnam days, can't actually be a pure good Super Hero that won't gather any Political bravado.

No the only way this character could work (For me atleast) is that he's a representation of how America's government and politics have brought destruction, and in that way (in some cases) good. A course, the more I think the more I think Captain America could actually be a very good Character. but I doubt they'll utilize him into anything more then a simple Kiddish comic book hero. Guess I'm just thinking 2 much of a more Adult  scale.

Pleeease, write the script for this. It must happen the way you picture it! 8)

JohnnyL

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 09:01:53 PM »

I'll give you credit for coming up with an interesting idea.  After seeing your more detailed explanation, I see how that might actually make a pretty cool story.  I don't think they would be able to use it for this movie, as I believe it's mostly set during World War II.  The only way it might work in this is if the first movie also covers the time frame where Captain America awakens in the present day after being frozen.  If they cover that time frame, your ideas would probably work really well.  And if not, they could probably explore those kind of themes in The Avengers movie, because I'm sure that would be set in present day.