Author Topic: New Ice Cube Blog "Hip Hop 101!  (Read 1009 times)

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
New Ice Cube Blog "Hip Hop 101!
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:11:00 PM »
Last week went about as smooth as a baby's ass. We shot the video to my first single, "I Rep That West." Directed by this youngster from Memphis name Gaberial Hart. I'm sitting here waiting for my man Robert Redd to bring me the ruff cut as we speak. We shot the video all over L.A. From downtown to the beach. WC and Toones came through for cameos. I put OMG and Doughboy in the video too. We shot on Wednesday and Thrusday. Then on Friday I shot the album cover photoshoot. We got some sick shots. I'll be posting them up on icecube.com in the days and weeks to come.

Now Saturday was crazy for me. We flew to Dallas because I had to perform at a car show on Sunday. But when the plane landed it was snowing sideways. I had a funny feeling but they said it would be warm by Sunday. But it was cold as fuck on Sunday so the car show got cancelled. I was suppose to do Ricky Smiley's radio show the next day but I flew back to L.A. I'll catch Ricky closer to the release date.

This week I did promotion for the "ARE WE THERE YET" TV show I'm producing on TBS starring Terry Crews. It'll permiere on Wednesday June 2nd. And don't forget about "Straight Outta L.A." the documentary on the L.A. Raiders. It permieres May 11th on ESPN.

The reason I called this blog Hip Hop 101 because some people have forgetten the essence of the art and culture.
Bragging and boasting: When I was coming up. Every rapper had a attitude like Kanye. Now when you say you the best and act like you the best. Niggas get their feeling hurt.
Battling: If you scared to test your skills up against any MC in the game. Quit right now. Become a fuckin' ghost writer and go hide in the corner of the studio. Now they're 2 ways to battle. Freestyle live: To me this is like a slam dunk contest. Or battle on wax: I call this the Finals. That's Hip-Hop.

Question: Why don't I produce up and coming rappers like I use to? I got burnt out. Niggas couldn't take the baton and run wit it. I was sick of babysitting grown ass men and walking them through the industry. I felt like Dr. Frankinstein building uncontrollable monsters. How? If you DON'T make'em a star, they blame you.
If you DO make'em a star, they leave you. I got sick of that ungrateful shit.

With that being said, I understand my last few blogs have been talked about in the streets and all over the internet. I want to make myself clear to all my fans who think I turned my back on the young rappers out here. No. I wish every young MC nothing but success, especially the ones from the New West. BUT, I have a major problem with any mothafucka from ANY COAST dissing the Old West...especially me. I'M SERVING YOU!

Now, I alot of people want me to name names. Buy the record. In stores July 13th. I ain't naming names at this time, but I'm adding names. You let me know if you wanna be on the list.

Keep it Gangsta,
Cube
p.s. If I misspelled a few words, blame it on the L.A. Unified School District.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New Ice Cube Blog "Hip Hop 101!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 11:12:27 PM »
btw, i know Laconic's kinda become the postman for this, but i saw it, and it wasn't on dubcc yet, so i thought i'd just post it. not trying to steal his shine :P

papa-smurf

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 02:38:54 AM »
lol.cube is my nigga,this shit is about to get interesting.

4 the record,battleing keep hip hop interesting so im happy that cube is nice enough to even take time to even battle.thats luv 4 hip hop right there.im for sure buying cube album.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 03:59:10 AM »
cube is goat

MediumL

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 04:03:14 AM »
good blog
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 05:24:31 AM »
waitin for haters response

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 05:35:04 AM »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 06:25:57 AM »
cube got a big ego...lol....but damn hes goin in...lol @ him servin you
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

The Predator

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 07:12:06 AM »
I ain't naming names at this time, but I'm adding names. You let me know if you wanna be on the list.

;D

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 07:38:39 AM »
btw, i know Laconic's kinda become the postman for this, but i saw it, and it wasn't on dubcc yet, so i thought i'd just post it. not trying to steal his shine :P

Hahaha...no problem, man.  Do Ya Thang  ;)

Another great blog from Cube.  Can't wait to see that video. Have a feeling it's going to be real good.  The anticipation for this record is growing big time.  I think he's focused and is gonna drop another really solid album. 

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 09:29:05 AM »

Another great blog from Cube.  Can't wait to see that video. Have a feeling it's going to be real good.  The anticipation for this record is growing big time.  I think he's focused and is gonna drop another really solid album. 

8)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 11:10:44 AM »
Here's a photo of Cube and director Gabriel Hart from the set of "I Rep That West."

machete

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 11:26:13 AM »
another good blog from cube, rep the west looking forward to the song and video.  thats whats up cube stand your ground fuck the haters.  as he says if you don't have the confidence in your field of choice get the fuck out

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 11:34:43 AM »
damn he spoke alot of networth, and he's right about the attitudes, cause i swear every rapper when you step in that booth you should feel you the shit that's your time to shine,but.......when you step out that muthafucca you should be able to admit the truth tho atleast that's how i see it yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 12:48:00 PM »

you and i both know Cube is going to come with a poppy single sooner or later.
this could be a street single though