Author Topic: Roethlisberger officially suspended for six games  (Read 283 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Roethlisberger officially suspended for six games
« on: April 21, 2010, 11:39:38 AM »
[UPDATE III: If you're wondering how the commissioner justifies the suspension, in light of the fact that Ben Roethlisberger(notes)  was never charged with anything, here's how Roger Goodell explained his decision:

"I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you,” he said in his letter to the two-time Super Bowl winner, a six-year veteran.

"My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans."

Roethlisberger has yet to comment publicly.

---

[UPDATE II: The NFL has officially confirmed that Roethlisberger's suspension will be for six games. In the meantime, Roethlisberger will undergo a league-mandated "professional behavior evaluation" and "must adhere to any counseling or treatment that is recommended by the professional evaluators."

If commissioner Roger Goodell is satisfied with the progress Ben makes in the time between now and Week 4, he could reduce the suspension to four games. If he's displeased with Roethlisberger's progress or behavior, he could increase the length of the suspension.]

---

[UPDATE: CNBC's Darren Rovell says that a six-game suspension would cost Roethlisberger $2,841,174.]

---

Several sources are reporting today that Ben Roethlisberger will be looking at a four-to-six game suspension from the NFL. Adam Schefter was first with the report:

Filed to ESPN: @mortreport and I are reporting that Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended four to six games, with conditions attached.

So that's the early word. Of course, we'll keep you updated as the story develops and/or becomes official. I'm especially curious about the "conditions attached."

Roethlisberger, of course, has twice been accused of sexual assault, though charges were never filed in either case. A punishment from the league has been expected, with no particular timetable attached to it, but it's looking like today will be the day.

At the same time, rumors of the Steelers trying to trade Ben Roethlisberger are picking up steam. Schefter also reports on Twitter that the Steelers are actively trying to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick in tomorrow night's draft.

[Photos: Slideshow of Roethlisberger's return to practice.]

A trade would be an incredibly bold move, and something that would've been absolutely unthinkable even a month ago. Roethlisberger's proven himself to be a franchise quarterback, and franchise quarterbacks, in their prime years, simply are not traded.

That the Steelers are considering it at all is a statement about how seriously they take their reputation as a franchise, and perhaps, about their confidence (or lack of confidence) in Roethlisberger to stay out of trouble going forward.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Roethlisberger officially suspended for six games
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 11:40:51 AM »
let the hate and the bashin one the 4th best qb begin.....lol
but this has got to hurt him $$$$$$...big blow and to his image....but i think another team will trust him again
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 11:46:28 AM »
perfect

one less team to contend for home field advantage with the J--E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

they'll be lucky if they go 3-3
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jaydc

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 09:45:13 PM »
HERAPEME down for the count

The Come Up Shuffle

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 12:14:49 AM »
If Ben was black the media, NFL, and fans would've of lynched him by now.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 08:13:43 AM »

They already did. 6 games for not officially doing anything, and the league convicts him when the courts wouldn't even try, while the media is all over him for being a slimey date rapist. We'll see the fan reaction when it's time.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 09:13:40 AM »
fuck bitches.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 10:06:20 AM »
I didn't bother following all this drama.  What did he really end up doing for a fact?  Just getting drunk with a couple of girls and having sex with them? 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 10:57:11 AM »
I didn't bother following all this drama.  What did he really end up doing for a fact?  Just getting drunk with a couple of girls and having sex with them? 

that appears to be it.

i'm about to ask my homegirl to file rape against Peyton Manning if it'll sideline him six games lol.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 12:02:01 PM »
The NFL is getting so gay.  Guess they have rules on who and where you can fuck now or you'll get suspended.  It has to be with you wife and on your bed (with the lights out of course) or you'll be in big trouble with Mr. Goodell.   :camp:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 12:05:21 PM »
rumors are going around that it's a race thing.

how Goodell felt pressured into handing him a suspension because speculators are like "oh, if Ben was black, this guy would of been out the entire season".

politics and sports just never mix.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 01:43:17 PM »
The NFL is getting so gay.  Guess they have rules on who and where you can fuck now or you'll get suspended.  It has to be with you wife and on your bed (with the lights out of course) or you'll be in big trouble with Mr. Goodell.   :camp:

No, but when you have been accused before of rape by a one night stand drunk chick in a bar and you consistently go around with your entourage and look for one night stand drunk girls in bars and have your security watch the door as you fuck her in a back room, then you risk the image of the NFL.

He was a high profile guy who was warned to watch his behavior by a private league than can allow or disallow anyone they want.

I would have suspended him too. And If I were the Steelers I'd trade him for whatever I can get and just try and find another QB that can win us a ring going 9 of 22 for 130 yards, no TDs and 2 INTs with a 22 passer rating. Fuck quarterbacks who think they're something special.

The Come Up Shuffle

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 02:57:22 PM »

They already did. 6 games for not officially doing anything, and the league convicts him when the courts wouldn't even try, while the media is all over him for being a slimey date rapist. We'll see the fan reaction when it's time.

Already did lmfao.  Breh I'm white and I know Ben is getting off easy.  Michael Vick killed some dogs and the media and white people made it out to be he was Hitler.  Ben is a fucking rapist and he gets six games and the media crying about giving him a 2nd chance.  If dude was black the road back would of been much longer.  Now go make me some maple syrup

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »

Already did lmfao.  Breh I'm white and I know Ben is getting off easy.  Michael Vick killed some dogs and the media and white people made it out to be he was Hitler.  Ben is a fucking rapist and he gets six games and the media crying about giving him a 2nd chance.  If dude was black the road back would of been much longer.  Now go make me some maple syrup

Vick plead guilty and was convicted of killing dogs. Roth didn't even go to trial. If he was convicted of rape he may have been banned for life, if he got 6 games for not doing anything wrong in the eyes of the law.

westsiderider323

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 08:09:58 PM »

No, but when you have been accused before of rape by a one night stand drunk chick in a bar and you consistently go around with your entourage and look for one night stand drunk girls in bars and have your security watch the door as you fuck her in a back room, then you risk the image of the NFL.

He was a high profile guy who was warned to watch his behavior by a private league than can allow or disallow anyone they want.

I would have suspended him too. And If I were the Steelers I'd trade him for whatever I can get and just try and find another QB that can win us a ring going 9 of 22 for 130 yards, no TDs and 2 INTs with a 22 passer rating. Fuck quarterbacks who think they're something special.

hahaha