Author Topic: the best player in football asking for 20 million dollars a year  (Read 873 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: the best player in football asking for 20 million dollars a year
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 12:56:49 PM »
The best cb argument is so moot. They're all the same

They obviously arent all the same. But I think there is a group of a few at the top that can be called the best. Really right now, IMO the argument is down to 2 and that is Aso and Revis. But really, its tough to call just like its tough to say who is the best WR in the game. So many aspects of their games depends on the players around them.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 12:58:07 PM »

Rex Ryan is compraing Revis to the greatest corners in history lol

LOL because Rex Ryan doesnt have any dog in that fight huh?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Jaydc

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 01:01:33 PM »
Revis was robbed of defensive player of the year.

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 01:26:53 PM »
Revis was robbed of defensive player of the year.

Yeah...Charles Woodson stole it from him with a better year lol

Tackles  Sacks  Interceptions  TDs  Forced Fumbles
Woodson           66       2            9             3             4
Revis                 47       0            6             1             0

Normally I dont like simply using stats. But when the Aso vs Revis argument pops up on here, Hack likes to use stats as the basis for his argument. I argue that stats dont always show the whole picture, because defenses are different. On one hand you can say Aso shuts down his half of the field more because there are less balls thrown his way. On the other hand you could say the fact that the Raiders run defense was weak last year, means teams were running the ball more against them. On the other hand you could say Revis had more chances for picks as teams tested him more so his INT numbers will be higher. Etc. Well, if stats are good enough to argue for Revis as the top CB...then they are also good enough to argue against him. Apparently...according to Hack....Charles Woodson was the best CB last year. Give it up to Woodson! lol

Jaydc

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 01:36:06 PM »
Pass Deflections: Revis: 31, Woodson: 18

Revis: 40 receptions on 108 targets (37.0 percent) for 439 yards and two touchdowns.

Woodson: 40 receptions on 84 targets (47.6 percent) for 560 yards and six touchdowns

Revis had a ten percent better burn percentage,giving up the same numbers of catches against on 24 more attempts, 121 less yard and giving up four less touchdowns.Revis had the best burn percentage in the nfl,making him the best cb in the nfl last year.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:37:52 PM by Jaydc is dying everyday »

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 01:57:25 PM »

Revis: 40 receptions on 108 targets (37.0 percent) for 439 yards and two touchdowns.

Woodson: 40 receptions on 84 targets (47.6 percent) for 560 yards and six touchdowns

Revis had a ten percent better burn percentage,giving up the same numbers of catches against on 24 more attempts, 121 less yard and giving up four less touchdowns.Revis had the best burn percentage in the nfl,making him the best cb in the nfl last year.

Youre right, statwise it was close last year...with Woodson having a little better numbers.

My point remains, you cant use stats to argue for Revis over Aso...and not use stats to argue for Woodson over Revis. There are different scenarios for each CB that attribute to their overall numbers and success. Aso being more established than Revis means he is seeing less balls thrown his way. Best believe this year, Revis will see a drastic decrease in passes thrown in his direction. Why? Because the league knows how good he is now. Thats what has happened with Aso. With that lack of balls thrown his way, he will also have less INT's more than likely, and less pass deflections. If you have used his stats to argue over Aso last year...what will you use when his stats go down this year due to lack of opportunities? Because Revis supporters will just come up with some other arguing point and pretend stats are meaningless then.

yishay

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 03:14:27 PM »
deserves it.
i lolled. but then i realized you like chamillionaire and casual homosexual sex.

Jaydc

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 05:02:07 PM »

Youre right, statwise it was close last year...with Woodson having a little better numbers.

My point remains, you cant use stats to argue for Revis over Aso...and not use stats to argue for Woodson over Revis. There are different scenarios for each CB that attribute to their overall numbers and success. Aso being more established than Revis means he is seeing less balls thrown his way. Best believe this year, Revis will see a drastic decrease in passes thrown in his direction. Why? Because the league knows how good he is now. Thats what has happened with Aso. With that lack of balls thrown his way, he will also have less INT's more than likely, and less pass deflections. If you have used his stats to argue over Aso last year...what will you use when his stats go down this year due to lack of opportunities? Because Revis supporters will just come up with some other arguing point and pretend stats are meaningless then.

Revis will still get thrown at a lot you know why?Aso covers one side of the field,teams just line their star receiver up on the other side of the field and throw to him.Revis covers the best receiver on every team,a lot of teams only have one great receiver,hell some teams dont even that.But it doesnt matter who  is covering your number one receiver,you are still going to throw to him.Thats why revis will continue to get thrown on and thats what makes his accomplishments all that more impressive.Hes going against the best recivers in the nfl every single week and shutting them down.Thats his job.Woodson has more tackles and other stats because he gets used in a variety of ways.He gets used in double coverage,rushing the passer,helping with the run and in zone.Now,revis can do all that and would stack up his other stats as well,but when your the best cover cb in the league and your shutting down most teams only receiving threat,no coach is going to fuck with that.you just let him cover man to man and then blitz like hell.Hes the key cog on the jets defense,he makes it work.If you blitz like the jets blitz and dont have an amazing cb your going to get burned continously.Hes the number one component of the jets number number one defense.Hes the best cover corner in the nfl.Woodson gets used in a different role,if he was as good as revis he wouldnt be used differently he would be doing the same thing as revis.But you dont take revis off coverage to go rush the passer,any cb can go rush the passer.

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 07:00:34 PM »

Revis will still get thrown at a lot you know why?Aso covers one side of the field,teams just line their star receiver up on the other side of the field and throw to him.Revis covers the best receiver on every team,a lot of teams only have one great receiver,hell some teams dont even that.But it doesnt matter who  is covering your number one receiver,you are still going to throw to him.Thats why revis will continue to get thrown on and thats what makes his accomplishments all that more impressive.Hes going against the best recivers in the nfl every single week and shutting them down.Thats his job.Woodson has more tackles and other stats because he gets used in a variety of ways.He gets used in double coverage,rushing the passer,helping with the run and in zone.Now,revis can do all that and would stack up his other stats as well,but when your the best cover cb in the league and your shutting down most teams only receiving threat,no coach is going to fuck with that.you just let him cover man to man and then blitz like hell.Hes the key cog on the jets defense,he makes it work.If you blitz like the jets blitz and dont have an amazing cb your going to get burned continously.Hes the number one component of the jets number number one defense.Hes the best cover corner in the nfl.Woodson gets used in a different role,if he was as good as revis he wouldnt be used differently he would be doing the same thing as revis.But you dont take revis off coverage to go rush the passer,any cb can go rush the passer.

Revis will clearly see a decline in balls thrown his way. If you think otherwise than you must think he isnt that respected around the league. He had a great year last year, but Cromartie looked like the best in the league for one year lol. He has a few more years of competing for the best CB in the league title to be on the same page with Nnamdi.  Yes there are reasons why Revis is targeted more, again...good for him because he has more chances to build stats and make sportscenter. Nnamdi doesnt have that luxury. He just has to shut down who is in front of him, as well he has to be a better run stopper and blitzer from the CB position than Revis does. Bottom line, Revis last year played for a far better defense. So he will get more attention. If Revis played for the Raiders D last year we wouldnt be talking as much about him because he would have Nnamdi's numbers but will have shut down who ever he is sticking just the same. Not to mention, Nnamdi plays in a true man to man defense..its as basic as it gets. Luckily for Revis, due to the Jets defense..."Revis Island" has frequent visitors from helping Safeties. He doesnt have to be alone on that island too often.

Again, I dont knock Revis. He had a great year, and is definitely one of the best right now. Its just funny how people...Jets fans...can sound so ignorant in this debate as if there is one clear cut best CB in the league. Any of us could make the argument for who we want. I say its Nnamdi...you can say its Revis, and shit....for all we know it could be Woodson. But to act like the guy one person is arguing for is the clearcut choice is as stupid as NIK saying Kobe is CLEARLY better than LeBron.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 09:37:46 PM »
Best player in Football? I guess the Colts should trade Manning for Revis if they want to get over the hump. I'm sure Jets fans won't mind.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 09:59:17 PM »
deserves it.
i lolled. but then i realized you like chamillionaire and casual homosexual sex.

lol, who are you? go play Soccer.

anyway, just the list of opponets that Revis guarded; all the number one recievers on the Jets schedule & there are some impressive ass names on there, all were held to under 60 yards.

& my complaint with Aso is, sure, other teams don't throw to him, but look at the defense he is on.

a Vietnam Vet with two nubs as legs could rush for a solid 87 yards against the Raiders defense.

so why would a coach risk even throwing him the ball? you're going to score, so why even give him the chance to make a play on you? if Revis or any Pro-Bowl QB was in Aso's position, they wouldn't get thrown at either.

he's still amazing though lol.

Jaydc

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 02:45:11 AM »
I want to say a big fuck you to al davis for asos ridiculous contract.No cb deserves that kind of money and revis is using the contract as a line in the sand.As much as I love revis Id rather trade him then jets give him aso money and fuck up the rest of the team.If you get offered 12 million a year say,but you say no I want 16 mill,thats just greed and showing you dont give a fuck about winning,just money.One stupid contract should not dictate what a position should be paid.
You can tell what a guy like tom brady cares about when hes only making 8 million a season,he cares about winning,I can respect that.And 8 million in one year is more money then most people ever see in their entire lives.
Revis is signed for three more years,push comes to shove hes not going to hold out.

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 10:36:15 AM »
I want to say a big fuck you to al davis for asos ridiculous contract.No cb deserves that kind of money and revis is using the contract as a line in the sand.As much as I love revis Id rather trade him then jets give him aso money and fuck up the rest of the team.If you get offered 12 million a year say,but you say no I want 16 mill,thats just greed and showing you dont give a fuck about winning,just money.One stupid contract should not dictate what a position should be paid.
You can tell what a guy like tom brady cares about when hes only making 8 million a season,he cares about winning,I can respect that.And 8 million in one year is more money then most people ever see in their entire lives.
Revis is signed for three more years,push comes to shove hes not going to hold out.

Al Davis has a habit of fuckin up shit for the rest of the league by overpaying. You gotta remember though, there seems to be two big motivating factors with players signing with a team. Money and the chance to win a Superbowl. When a team that has struggled as the Raiders have as of late, there is really one way to get players signed....overpay.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2010, 06:05:03 PM »

Elaborate.
Ok, but I hate debating on the net, mainly because I hate typing. Any way, my point is every year there is some new hotshot, young, fast db stating he's the greatest.
From C.Woodson to C.Bailey to Aso to this Revis guy. I'm not doubting these dudes ability or that they might be better than the norm, however, the stats for db's are subjective. And no one is shutting down one side of the field. All media hype and reputation, because every cb gets burned or gives up catches.

Point is, these so called shutdown cb's are not winning championships, its the defensive system with the appropriate reads, as a team. Just a bunch of mumbo jumbo talk that I don't buy into. And don't get me started on rb's........

are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 06:31:57 PM »

Elaborate.
Ok, but I hate debating on the net, mainly because I hate typing. Any way, my point is every year there is some new hotshot, young, fast db stating he's the greatest.
From C.Woodson to C.Bailey to Aso to this Revis guy. I'm not doubting these dudes ability or that they might be better than the norm, however, the stats for db's are subjective. And no one is shutting down one side of the field. All media hype and reputation, because every cb gets burned or gives up catches.

Point is, these so called shutdown cb's are not winning championships, its the defensive system with the appropriate reads, as a team. Just a bunch of mumbo jumbo talk that I don't buy into. And don't get me started on rb's........

I agree....sort of. You cant deny that there are CB's who are better than others. Just like every other position. But I do agree that the defensive system plays a big part in a CB's success. I think you do have different levels and CB's like Aso, Woodson, Bailey, Revis are a level above the rest. Longevity is the only way to judge these guys though. Cus like I said before....you could take one year and say that Cromartie is the best CB in the league. But over the long haul...how do they perform.