Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 1081 times)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
The Walking Dead
« on: October 22, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »
Well, pilot apparently leaked (kind of like how some Dexter season openings leaked a few years back) and I watched it despite the not so good quality.

And I gotta say it was solid as fuck.Darabont has put quite some effort in the series it seems, if the pilot should serve as an example.I won't be saying anything about the episode because I think it'll be a spoiler, but overall I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next episode (the official airing of the first episode is 10/31 so it'll be two weeks until then)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 10:22:14 AM »
I'm going to wait for a better quality to hit, but I'm really excited for this. 

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 10:52:07 AM »
I'm interested for this too!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »
this will be one of the best shows on tv...
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 03:44:41 PM »

SPOILER ALERT

That dude's wife is the biggest slut. He's going through all that shit to find her and she's fucking his partner. He was only out like a couple weeks. She could grieve a little bit.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 06:04:13 PM »
the whole thing about him being asleep through the entire thing for a couple weeks is eh, BUT its such a small part, ive already forgot about it, REALLY dope show, i like what its doing and how its doing it, However, anyone notice how the 2nd episode tried to do this different directing/cinamatography, that wasnt in the 1st, kind of a documentary/28 days later thing, i dont know how i feel about it, but in general im definately gonna be tuning in to this, other than empire, no other dramas worth watching on tv,

JohnnyL

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 07:06:36 PM »
the whole thing about him being asleep through the entire thing for a couple weeks is eh, BUT its such a small part, ive already forgot about it, REALLY dope show, i like what its doing and how its doing it, However, anyone notice how the 2nd episode tried to do this different directing/cinamatography, that wasnt in the 1st, kind of a documentary/28 days later thing, i dont know how i feel about it, but in general im definately gonna be tuning in to this, other than empire, no other dramas worth watching on tv,

Yeah Frank Darabont directed the first episode himself.  The second episode was directed by Michelle MacLaren. If I'm remembering correctly, I think each of the first 6 episodes will have different directors.  Or at least most of the first 6 will be directed by a different person.  So you'll probably notice the direction of each one being a bit different.  Hopefully the show's quality stays consistent, but I've got to say so far I'm pretty impressed. 
  As a person who's read quite a few issues of the comic, I've been impressed by the fact that they've followed the basic story but added enough different or extra things to still keep it interesting.  Apparently it's first two episodes have gotten great ratings too, so AMC has already renewed it for a 13 episode second season.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 07:06:59 PM »

I just figured they spent a lot more cash on the pilot and didn't have that cash to make any other ep as high production. And it's sci-fi-fantasy, so I never really care about how realistic it is in most cases. I never read the comic so I don't know if it's ever explained as to how or why he was in that hospital alone while the world was ending. I'm sure they'll tackle it somehow.

JohnnyL

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 08:46:45 PM »

I just figured they spent a lot more cash on the pilot and didn't have that cash to make any other ep as high production. And it's sci-fi-fantasy, so I never really care about how realistic it is in most cases. I never read the comic so I don't know if it's ever explained as to how or why he was in that hospital alone while the world was ending. I'm sure they'll tackle it somehow.

They do go into that a bit in the comic.  I'm thinking they may still explain it in the show as well.  It's been a while since I've read those issues, but if memory serves me, we're not to the point of the story in the show that would coincide with the point where it is explained in the comic.  Of course, after two episodes, they're already changing things here and there, so it's difficult to say for sure.

theremedy360

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 09:00:01 PM »
The Pilot was solid, definitely gonna check out the next one when I get a chance.

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 02:34:52 AM »

They dont, but the comic book is the best one out right now,you never know whats happening next...basicly no one is safe everyone can be killed.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 05:19:10 AM »
I've loved every minute of this
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 05:46:00 AM »
can we also say that AMC is fucking killin' it with these shows.

anyone watch rubicon? seemed a waaaaay too slow for me (and i like shit slow)

doggfather

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 06:02:54 AM »
I like it, after the 2nd episode.  ;D
the pilot was better, but this was good too.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 06:13:56 AM »
can we also say that AMC is fucking killin' it with these shows.

anyone watch rubicon? seemed a waaaaay too slow for me (and i like shit slow)

I did but I stopped because the week long intervals between shows were too long. Now that's done I'm going to watch it all in a couple days. Looked solid. AMC has yet to release a dud as far as I can see. They're building a very credible rep and the DVD/blu ray/whatever comes next sets for the existing shows are long term investments because these are series that future generations will want to see.

Now they just need a solid dark comedy. I can only imagine the lists of writers/directors trying to launch a project on AMC. It's not ratings based, it's quality based, so less is more and if they only focus on one series at a time and never have more than two running at once it'll be more special.