Author Topic: whatever happen to Ultimate Warrior?  (Read 279 times)

E. J. Rizo

whatever happen to Ultimate Warrior?
« on: December 23, 2002, 01:29:54 AM »
shit there is alot of rumors out there....does anyone know what happen to him.....?......he was my favorite and will always be my favorite.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2002, 01:30:12 AM by Ejrizo »

closetothalimit

Re:whatever happen to Ultimate Warrior?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2002, 03:12:26 AM »
ultimate warrior was cool, got no idea what happened to him - what r some of the rumours?

i never watch wresteling now but back in the day of hulk hogan, ultimate warrior and andre the giant, ultimate warrior was one of my favourites.

bez

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2002, 07:16:08 AM »
rumors such as he took that many steroids he went insane!

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2002, 07:24:33 AM »
Basically, he thought he was the next Hogan, but didn't have the skills.  Seriously.

Play by Play, what happened was, he was handed the torch by Hogan back in what, 89 or 90.  Hogan let him clean pin him in the ring.  Warrior got a big head, and started demanding stuff, more money, blah blah blah didn't like the storylines blah blah blah.  Eventually he left the company, came back, then left again.

Around this time he legally changed his name to "warrior".  Seriously.

Now, he's got a webpage, I have no idea where, and he updates it like twice a year, usually to either
a. bash hogan

or

b. spout off about some book or something he read recently.

The guys hatred for Hogan is unbelievable.  He can't stand that Hogan wasn't as physically talented in the ring as he, but yet was always a bigger name.  

EM28

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2002, 08:51:11 PM »
yeah what the hell happened to that fool.  I remember he used to dissappear in the air.

Instant_Killa

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2002, 10:34:34 PM »
HE was a talented wrestler, i enjoyed watching his fights.

Smooth

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2002, 11:45:46 AM »
Basically, he thought he was the next Hogan, but didn't have the skills.  Seriously.

Play by Play, what happened was, he was handed the torch by Hogan back in what, 89 or 90.  Hogan let him clean pin him in the ring.  Warrior got a big head, and started demanding stuff, more money, blah blah blah didn't like the storylines blah blah blah.  Eventually he left the company, came back, then left again.

Around this time he legally changed his name to "warrior".  Seriously.

Now, he's got a webpage, I have no idea where, and he updates it like twice a year, usually to either
a. bash hogan

or

b. spout off about some book or something he read recently.

The guys hatred for Hogan is unbelievable.  He can't stand that Hogan wasn't as physically talented in the ring as he, but yet was always a bigger name.  

Damn that's some real shit... I didn't know anything about that, thanks Trauma... Ultimate Warrior was always my favourite ever since I went and saw like wrestlemania 6 I think it was in Toronto... where Warrior beat Hogan... but I never knew he had such a hatred for Hogan...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

bez

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2002, 12:34:30 PM »
I never felt the Warrior, he bored me to fuck!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2002, 02:19:26 PM »
HELL NAH! ULTIMATE WARRIOR WAS THE MUTHAFUCKIN OG, MY FAV WRESLER OF ALL TIME! FUCK HULK HOGAN, THE OLD BLONDE PUSSY STILL FIGHTIN TODAY! LOL NAH HOGAN WAS FUNNY BUT I DIDNT NEVER LIKE HIM, I WAS MUCH MORE OF A ULTIMATE WARRIOR FAN, BETTER WRESTLER IN MY OPINION

PEACE

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2002, 06:42:32 PM »
I remember Poppa Chango did voodoo on his ass and made him throw up.. LOL..

Jimmy Fly Snucka... I think that's how you spell it... well he was tight... so was Tatanka... Ultimate Warrior would throw muthafuckers up in tha air and let them fall flat on their stomachs...

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2002, 08:41:05 PM »
I remember Poppa Chango did voodoo on his ass and made him throw up.. LOL..

Jimmy Fly Snucka... I think that's how you spell it... well he was tight... so was Tatanka... Ultimate Warrior would throw muthafuckers up in tha air and let them fall flat on their stomachs...
ohh shit yeah i remember that shit.....

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2002, 10:12:52 PM »
Here's some info I found on him, I'll try and find his webpage, too.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ultimate Warrior
One of the most memorable wrestlers of all time, and not always in a good way. After winning and losing the WWF title, he was being put in a slightly lesser position within the company, decided that he wasn't being appreciated enough, and vanished after Summerslam '91, making himself just barely visible enough to let everyone know that he legally changed his name from Jim Hellwig to Warrior, so that he could be recognized even though the WWF owned the rights to the name 'Ultimate Warrior'. Eventually, the WWF managed to get him back and put him at the forefront of the company once again. However, once again they later diminished his role in the company slightly, and so he once again disappeared after Survivor Series '92. He was gone for four years, until the WWF brought him back one final time in '96, and again made him a huge player in the company. However, he was no longer the big draw that he was at the start of the 90s, and in an age where people that were actually athletic were becoming big names in wrestling, a roided up freak like the Warrior just couldn't get the crowd going anymore. Not helping the matter was Warrior himself, who would frequently miss shows for no reason, and would constantly demand that he be treated better than simply being given millions of dollars and world title contention for doing next to nothing. Soon enough, he was once again gone. He popped up two years later in WCW, after creating the quickly-bankrupt Warrior University, to fight against Hollywood Hogan. Making a cardinal mistake, WCW decided to let Warrior have creative control over his character, who quickly came up with the ingenious idea that whenever the NWO came out to attack him, the ring would fill up with smoke that would knock out all the NWO members, while he escaped through a trap door in the ring. Combining that with the fact that he was with the company for months before his first actual match (which he lost anyway), and his confusing interviews in which he would frequently mangle the English language, and often create new words ('destrucity' springs to mind), and it's not very surprising that the fans quickly grew bored with him, and started booing whenever he came out. He was fired within half a year, and has yet to rear his head again. If you want a good laugh, though, you can go visit his website, filled with inane commentaries like this, which does nothing but confirm the long-running fear that he is completely out of his mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh, wait a minute, DUH, his website is

http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/

Lemme get some crap he's said about hogan for ya.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2002, 10:25:19 PM »
Some good excerpts, LOL... they must have been married or something, this guy is bitter.

"Let us begin with the answering the demandingly curious. I am always asked if -- when -- I will be making a comeback to the ring. Especially now that Hogan (The Unprincipled Sellout) has come back to Titan. I can tell you this: I will never work for Titan Sports again. "

"And here’s a news flash for all the ignoramuses: many of the super-effective hormonal drugs used by athletes are legal to obtain. Drugs like GH and Testosterone can be obtained legally. Go to any age-defying rejuvenation clinic, lay down your money, and walk out with the goods. Ask Hogan, he knows a good one."

"Needless to say, I am very skeptical and cynical of other people. And if you think, just as another human being, that that is sad. I agree, it is." - well, at least you realize you have a problem.

"On another similar note, I am disappointed to find out that Bret Hart has written a “soft”, almost “Pillsbury pudgy” column calling Hogan a Hero. I don’t know what criteria Bret is using to judge Hogan a hero. Maybe just the anecdotal stuff he put in the article. If so, I’d say Hogan, a person with heartstrings like us all, took the time to show his caring side, while, also, thinking to take advantage of the press-op. And who of us, traveling as we did up and down the road, hasn’t had the 50th petitioner for an autograph call us an asshole, not knowing we just spent every last available second we had signing 49. Still, if that is what it takes to be a hero, that is a pretty low bar to hold up as the standard. In Sports Entertainment, Hulk Hogan is the standout, the White Elephant. He is the face most people know and will remember. Each one of us that has danced inside the squared circle concedes this much. But a hero? Do we call a guy who milked a philosophy of life -- one he pushed on and sold to kids -- that he really doesn’t live by, a hero? Do we call a guy who’s whole life is absolutely nothing but a work, “real” and a hero? (There are plenty of people in the business who will not say this. But there is nobody in the business that does not know it.) Do we call a guy who turns bad and good and bad and good for the storyline and a few more bucks to add to millions already accumulated, a hero? Do we keep calling him a hero when he sues the poorly-paid-just-trying-to-do-my-job storywriters for defamation, making the circus-like claim that they legitimately slandered his reputation? Do we call the same guy a hero when he has the bank and connections to do something positive but cowers to his own inner fears of failure and sells out to the sleaziest promoter pimp there is? Do we call the same near 50-yr-old guy (now a grown man, an inveterate, iconic role model for all the youth) a hero when he still refuses to exercise his mind and inspire us with ideas that are more serious and worthy? (Keep building your body, sure. But use your mind a little.) Do we still call this guy a hero when the attention -- ergo, influence -- he commands is worldwide yet he finds it ok to stand and watch and participate in programming that pushes the lowest, viliest forms of human behavior?

Unlike Bret and many others, I don’t use a grab bag of feelings to determine the character of someone. Hogan is no Hero. And believe me, these questions I propose, here, are just a paltry poke at getting to know that. I’m writing...

Perhaps Bret is paving the way to soothe any previous pains he had about returning to Titan. After all, Hogan is there, he’s a hero. Ironically, timing couldn’t be better. Michaels has come clean about the Montreal screwjob, and stepped back in the ring, to set the stage. Or perhaps, the dysfunction of the Hart family knew only one boundary -- Sadly, he’s no longer here to clarify that for us. It’s time to stay strong in character, Bret. Don’t let your separation, possibly nostalgia, from the business make you lonely, then weak. And before you scrawl out a dismissive, scathing retort -- sure to appear -- let me say that I had previously always held you in high regard. You seemed, after all, a man of varied accomplishments. Maybe one of those you haven't developed is the everyday, common courage it takes to draw a deep, distinct line between what really is right and what really is wrong. If for nothing else than all the eyes and ears upon you. Calling Hogan "real" and a hero is wrong. Too many people are listening to you. You know better. You should do better. You once seemed the fighter. But, when the truth is told, you only whined about what Titan did to you, I warred and made what was wrong, right. "

I guess he felt like attacking Hogan, AND bret hart in that one.  

S.G.V.

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2002, 02:03:32 AM »
Hogan has and always will be the GOAT of wrestling....Ultimate Warrior was a fluke...came and went...peeps like Hogan, Flair, Harley Race, Roddy Piper, SupaFly...they had longevity...Warrior didnt...

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2002, 07:49:04 AM »
I had a bud in grade school whos dad used to know jim helwig in college. I guess his dads freind was his roomie. So he would go over there and chill. He told me that jim (warrior) was a real fucking nerd. Studied all the time. But was majorly cut. Said he'd study for 3 or 4 hours a day, then hit the gym for 2 to 8! hours. I guess he was really, really quiet.