Author Topic: Replay value question?! Yall still bumpin 'Kush' or Purp & Patron Mixtape?!  (Read 889 times)

Portugoal

Kush - Bumped it the first 2 weeks after it came out
P&P - Skimmed through it once when the untagged version came out. I'm now listening to the whole thing for the first time now. I'm not impressed yet.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
@UltimatePianist: Yeah I hope people will get a better feeling for Kush.. Shit is really in Dre's lane..

I am confident that it will get better. Still D.R.E did not do that well at first on the charts, but with time, it became a classic.

I see the response that Kush gets when it's played on the radio and in the clubs, people are now a lot more receptive of the track in comparison to when the track first dropped.

At first, people including myself, were just complaining because Akon was on the hook. But after a while, you get used to it. It's not good, but, whining about it isn't gonna get nate on the hook, so just live with it !

I was 10 when Still D.R.E. dropped.. So I have no clue as to how it was received.. I mean I can read whatever wikipedia says about sales/charts but I dont know what the people thought back then as I do know about how Kush was received.

It just seems people thought Still D.R.E was amazing right off the bat.. ? Once again, from what Ive read.

and yeah.. Ive also made my peace with the fact we've got Akon on Detox.. took a while though. lol

Fraxxx

@UltimatePianist: Yeah I hope people will get a better feeling for Kush.. Shit is really in Dre's lane..

I am confident that it will get better. Still D.R.E did not do that well at first on the charts, but with time, it became a classic.

I see the response that Kush gets when it's played on the radio and in the clubs, people are now a lot more receptive of the track in comparison to when the track first dropped.

At first, people including myself, were just complaining because Akon was on the hook. But after a while, you get used to it. It's not good, but, whining about it isn't gonna get nate on the hook, so just live with it !

Still DRE was a banger right from the start, that's what everybody said who listened to rap. Fuck a #1 hit. Kush is nowhere near that. Akon is not the real problem, he did dozens of catchy hooks, the Kush hook is just very average.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Still DRE was a banger right from the start, that's what everybody said who listened to rap. Fuck a #1 hit. Kush is nowhere near that. Akon is not the real problem, he did dozens of catchy hooks, the Kush hook is just very average.

Fraxxx is right, Still D.R.E was a banger from the start, but yeah the single nor the album did to well AT FIRST on the charts. but then the album just took off.

@Gamestarr, I was around that age as well when Still D.R.E dropped, but i did some research on chart positions and whatnot and yeah, the people digged the track, but it didn't perform too well commercially.

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG
Still bumping Kush, and about 5 or 6 tracks from Purp& Patron. 8)

HighEyeCue

Kush is on my huge playlist, as well as almost half of the purp & patron mixtape

yeah about half of the Game mixtape for me as well as Kush

Stan

Still listening to Kush but not as much ... maybe Dre released these songs in the wrong order??  Maybe should have been a street monster first like Still D.R.E. then when he had his momentum release Kush, which is pretty much a disappointing sequel to The Next Episode.
I think the timing was off cuz it could have done much better considering Snoop and Akon were on there.  It is a great club song but that's about it.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
Still listening to Kush. Infact, I think it gets better with time. The beat is fire and the Snoop verse is cool. I could do without Akon, but he doesn't ruin the track for me.

Purp & Patron is my favourite street album ever. I have played it almost nonstop since it dropped. Same with The Hangover. Infact, those street albums made me go back and listen to Brake Lights and Red Room quite a lot too, even though I didn't care much for those back when they dropped originally. I've been on a Game tip ever since he dropped P&P. Definitely the rapper of the moment for me.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
Dont listen to Kush at all listened to it a good bit when it was just released but not listened to it for a while. Got rid of the filler songs from p&p and the hangover and still listen to the songs i like a good bit.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
stopped playing KUSH after  while, its very forgetable.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Still listening to Kush. Infact, I think it gets better with time. The beat is fire and the Snoop verse is cool. I could do without Akon, but he doesn't ruin the track for me.

Purp & Patron is my favourite street album ever. I have played it almost nonstop since it dropped. Same with The Hangover. Infact, those street albums made me go back and listen to Brake Lights and Red Room quite a lot too, even though I didn't care much for those back when they dropped originally. I've been on a Game tip ever since he dropped P&P. Definitely the rapper of the moment for me.

Wow.. Do you really love the tapes that much? #noshot.

I mean P&P was dope the first 3 days I bumped it.. but QUICKLY after that I lost interest..

Like uuhm.. No depth? And music we've heard before?

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG

Wow.. Do you really love the tapes that much? #noshot.

I mean P&P was dope the first 3 days I bumped it.. but QUICKLY after that I lost interest..

Like uuhm.. No depth? And music we've heard before?
I don't bump all of it, but I have made a playlist of the best 49 cuts from P&P, Hangover, Brake Lights and Red Room, which I have been playing lots. Of those mixtapes I think P&P is the best and Red Room the worst. As I said, I'm on a Game tip at the moment. There are very few rappers which I can listen to for extended periods of time without getting sick of them. Game is one. Nas is another. I don't think there are anyone else, really.

Blood$

still bump "Kush", the remix mainly, and I'll go on record to say that it's the best mainstream rap single out there right now and can potentially be a classic with time... yeah motherfuckers I said it, go ahead and neg me

and I just had on P&P in the whip and will be bumping that + The Hangover for awhile

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Replay value question?! Yall still bumpin 'Kush' or Purp & Patron Mixtape?!
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 01:14:42 PM »
Game`s new tapes yeah

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
No
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"