Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Previews Kanye, Willie Nelson Collabs at 'Doggumentary' Album  (Read 632 times)

Will_B

Re: Snoop Dogg Previews Kanye, Willie Nelson Collabs at 'Doggumentary' Album
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 02:25:04 PM »
"But among the previewed tracks that sparked their attention were current single "Wet" (aka "Sweat"; currently No. 40 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs); the Battlecat-produced "Wonder What It Do," which skillfully integrates three samples including Boz Scaggs' "Lowdown"; "Platinum" featuring R. Kelly; the Scott Storch-produced "Boom" featuring T-Pain and Snoop's own Randy Newman-esque nod to the City of Angels, "L.A.," produced by Deville.

Wiz Khalifa comes aboard on "The Weed Is Mine" ("Our connection is so natural," said Snoop), while West produced the introspective "Eyes Closed," which also features John Legend. Of West, Snoop noted, "He's next-level genius; one of the dopest MF's to ever make music. When he cries about losing awards, he deserves that shit. I'll cry, too."

The album's most left-of-center track is the playful "Superman." Accompanied by guitar and harmonica, Snoop and Willie Nelson trade riffs on living life with the hands they've been dealt and realizing, "I'm not Superman." The idea to work together took shape when the two artists found themselves in Amsterdam doing shows there. "We got some studio time and wrote this song," said Snoop. "It's some cold, classic shit.""

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 02:49:18 PM »
Fuck no. Not another lame ass country joint.

Lookin forward to the album though!

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 04:30:40 PM »

my medicine was actually dope
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

soopa-man

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 05:34:34 PM »

[/quote
Yeah I bump that track still, the stand outs of that album were those unusal tracks, reminds me of those NWA tracks were they would sample shit like that and sing (Automobile, Id Rather Fuck You)...

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 06:53:01 PM »
Snoop Dogg hosted a private listening event at Capitol Records in Hollywood February 18 to preview and explain the making of his forthcoming Doggumentary album. The collection, Snoop’s eleventh studio album, is due in stores March 29.
 Although this album was originally slated to be a sequel of sorts to his landmark debut release, 1993’s Doggystyle, Snoop had a change of plans while recording.
 “The reason why I chose Doggumentary for the title of my record is because it was more of a documentary that I was actually doing at the time of making my record,” Snoop said at the event. “It was like I was documenting my career, my music, my videos, the whole nine. So instead of calling it Documentary, I said, ‘You know what, let me put the two Gs on ‘em and call it the Doggumentary to make it more the way I do me.’ So, I just took that and enhanced as opposed to trying to recreate Doggystyle Part 2, trying to do something that could not be done.
But Snoop still gives Doggumentary a classic feel. As a descendant of the funk, Snoop said it was natural to feature his mentor Bootsy Collins on the album’s intro track, “Toyz N Da Hood.

“Bootsy is like, in hip-hop, my father because he’s always one who leads and guides and directs me in the appropriate manner,” Snoop says. “He’s always had love for me in creating Snoopy Collins in his likeness. Just me being a part of the funk mothership connection, they had the P-Funk. We have the G-Funk. It’s all one baton being passed from one hand to the other.
 Snoop has a similar connection with producer Battlecat. The two have worked extensively throughout the years and Battlecat produced “The Way Life Used To Be” and “Wonder What I Do” on the new album.

“Battlecat is one of my personal friends and one of my personal favorites when it comes to making real, traditional West Coast music that sounds similar to that funk like Roger Troutman, George Clinton,” says Snoop, who will appear March 17 with the Snoopadelics and Ghostland Observatory at the Red Bull Soundclash: South Padre Island.

“Battlecat, I can give him an idea and for him to take the idea and just flip it and make it what’s it’s supposed to be, it’s a beautiful thing when you can find somebody that can take your visuals. We’re really cut from the same cloth. We can talk about three different tracks and I can say, ‘I want this part, this part and this part,’ and he’ll figure out how to time it all out and make it all work where it feels good and it’s complimentary to my voice so I feel right in the pocket and it sounds like it’s supposed to sound.
 Other Doggumentary tracks include “My Own Way,” “Peer Pressure,” “Wet” and “My House,” which features Young Jeezy and E-40.
 “This is something that’s original, creative and diverse,” Snoop says of his new album. “It’s just me doing me.”

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:56:55 PM by .:Hercy Buggz:. »

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 07:38:14 PM »

.   Lmao

teecee

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 07:58:43 PM »
A Kanye only version of Eyes Closed in CDQ already leaked...its a great song and should've been on MBDTF.

With John Legend on it as well, this will no doubt be a standout on SNoop's album, and its definitely a different vibe for him

NoobCake

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 08:11:24 PM »
"But among the previewed tracks that sparked their attention were current single "Wet" (aka "Sweat"; currently No. 40 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)".

hahaha this bullshit actually made it on some kind of chart.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 10:35:36 PM »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 09:21:06 AM »
I'm still waiting on what he said was originally going to be Ego Trippin. He said it was gonna be a pure solo album with no features, his attempt at a classic record like illmatic. I was so hyped for that album.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 09:45:48 AM »
I'm still waiting on what he said was originally going to be Ego Trippin. He said it was gonna be a pure solo album with no features, his attempt at a classic record like illmatic. I was so hyped for that album.

yeah me too, what a letdown

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 10:15:22 AM »

I guess we need to wait another year or so for that, maybe with Dre beats this time

Cali_Heat

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 10:36:07 AM »
We Heard 7 Song from the Album and all had good reviews,and there are more good Tracks on it the Battlecat produced Songs,Fredwreck,Scott Storch..... we heard half
of the Album there are more good Songs on it than on the other albums from him . I think that's a good album or one of his best

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 10:54:57 AM »

yeah that sure came out fucked up.

and LMAO @ My Medicine being dope.. who the fuck listens to some terrible ass shit like that?