Author Topic: known rappers with day jobs??  (Read 1547 times)

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: known rappers with day jobs??
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 05:04:57 AM »
One 2 works as a sandwhich artist at the subway sandwich shop over near the glendale galleria mall.....I go in there sometimes and have him make a sandwhich for me....
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 07:12:48 AM »
This nigga said a sandwich artist

rotflmao!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 07:17:58 AM »
Oh yeah that Ant Banks one has been rumored forever. Actually I always heard the reason he basically quit doing music is because he really caked up in the real estate business.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 09:37:32 PM »
Side hustles aren't the same as day jobs. Rappers doing business ventures beyond their music is not the same as working a nine-to-five to keep food on your table while you wait for them publishing checks to materialize. And in regards to that, I think people need to have a more sympathetic look at the reality of it all. We've been conditioned to believe that there's no honor in honest money but for the strong majority of the world, that's all there is to offer.

stop stanning
What artist am I "stanning" with this one?

Al Bundy

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 09:38:45 PM »
One 2 works as a sandwhich artist at the subway sandwich shop over near the glendale galleria mall.....I go in there sometimes and have him make a sandwhich for me....

lmao

jonathandubcnn

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2011, 10:25:27 PM »
Amil never worked at Macy's or at K-Mart like other people said... She is involved really heavy into real-estate in North Carolina (Greenboro, Winston-Salem, etc).

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2011, 11:16:37 PM »
Side hustles aren't the same as day jobs. Rappers doing business ventures beyond their music is not the same as working a nine-to-five to keep food on your table while you wait for them publishing checks to materialize. And in regards to that, I think people need to have a more sympathetic look at the reality of it all. We've been conditioned to believe that there's no honor in honest money but for the strong majority of the world, that's all there is to offer.

stop stanning

if a rapper has the same job as me, they have the same job as me. Its not a "side hustle." Stop pretending its something its not. Nothing's wrong with making an honest, regular living but lets not pretend its something its not.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 12:20:20 AM »

stop stanning

if a rapper has the same job as me, they have the same job as me. Its not a "side hustle." Stop pretending its something its not. Nothing's wrong with making an honest, regular living but lets not pretend its something its not.
Uh, if you read the post correctly. I actually said the same thing. If somebody works at a gas station or another 9-to-5, that's a DAY JOB. If they are doing parties, voice work, or something based off the following they gathered through music, that's a business venture.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 12:57:10 AM »
school boy q runs a record shop....

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 12:59:01 AM »
rapper domino -ghetto jam- is a janitor

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 01:00:20 AM »
gurellia black sells donuts

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 02:12:24 AM »
TOP DOGG from death row does tatts

MOBNigga06

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2011, 07:42:10 AM »
gurellia black sells donuts

LOL, I'd believe that.

The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2011, 07:55:17 AM »

stop stanning

Uh, if you read the post correctly. I actually said the same thing. If somebody works at a gas station or another 9-to-5, that's a DAY JOB. If they are doing parties, voice work, or something based off the following they gathered through music, that's a business venture.

A rapper doing parties is not a business venture. That's the same thing a dj does. And voicework is something a lot of people do. Its not a "business venture", its a job they do to make money.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2011, 02:28:36 AM »
im sure alot of dudes still work doin somethin.... not everyone who put a CD out can live they whole life off that. they gotta find some way to make $$$$ and support they selves and family if they have 1