Author Topic: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 10287 times)

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #315 on: August 29, 2011, 12:10:03 PM »
The only track I can’t fuck wit is paramedics….he shoulda replaced that with The Graveyard…but I can’t complain…Dude went in on this one…Wayne’s album ain’t fucken wit it.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #316 on: August 30, 2011, 01:00:47 PM »
Mayne what's going on with those fucking guests ?? Drake, Wayne, lloyd, Mario etc.. Fuck I don't want to hear them an a Game album. Wasn't feeling the beats very much. Glad I didn't buy this album, as I didn't buy L.A.X. I'll stick to doccumentary and D.A.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Westdog

« Reply #317 on: September 01, 2011, 01:20:33 AM »
Game needs to make video for "Martians Vs Goblins" track and for "Ricky"
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

Game-Won

« Reply #318 on: September 03, 2011, 02:53:22 AM »
Ok so i had this album for little over a week now, and for every spin, i like it more and more.
its 5/5 best album in Rap for awhile. - its my favorite Game album, and its a classic to me - You proberly gonna hate, but i really like cd. Smooth, gangsta, catchy rolled into one. 

Best Songs.: Ricky - Martians Vs. Goblins - The City - The good, the bad the ugly - Good Girls gone bad - heavy artilery - Hallo - All i know.
Worst Songs.: Momma knows and all the way gone.

1. "Dr. Dre Intro"
2. "The City" (feat. Kendrick Lamar) 5/5
3. "Drug Test" (feat. Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg) 4/5
4. "Martians Vs. Goblins" (feat. Tyler The Creator & Lil Wayne) 5/5
5. "Red Nation" (feat. Lil Wayne) 4.5/5
6. "Dr. Dre Pt. 1"
7. "Good Girls Gone Bad" (feat. Drake) 5/5
8. "Ricky" 5/5
9. "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" 5/5
10. "Heavy Artillery" (feat. Rick Ross & Beanie Sigel) 5/5
11. "Paramedics" (feat. Young Jeezy) 4/5
12. "Speakers on Blast" (feat. E-40 & Big Boi) 4/5
13. "Hello" (feat. Lloyd) 5/5
14. "All the Way Gone" (feat. Mario & Wale) 3/5
15. "Pot of Gold" (feat. Chris Brown) 4/5
16. "Dr. Dre Pt.2"
17. "All I Know" (feat. Luu Breeze) 5/5
18. "Born in the Trap" 5/5
19. "Mama Knows" (feat. Nelly Furtado) 4/5
20. "California Dream"
21. "Dr. Dre Outro"
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #319 on: September 03, 2011, 08:50:06 AM »
^LOLOL.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #320 on: September 03, 2011, 11:58:09 AM »
The songs I really can't fuck with are Paramedics, Red Nation, and Martians vs Goblins. Second half of this album is dope, Lloyd song included. All I Know, Mama Knows, California Dream, Born in the Trap are all sick
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

jeanmiche777

« Reply #321 on: September 03, 2011, 12:07:49 PM »
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/15759-the-red-album/

I think they were being a bit generous though.

''At a mere 21 tracks long, and featuring 17 different artists, the final product is one speedboat away from being a DJ Khaled album.''

Hahaha

doublee313

« Reply #322 on: September 05, 2011, 09:41:30 PM »
Mayne what's going on with those fucking guests ?? Drake, Wayne, lloyd, Mario etc.. Fuck I don't want to hear them an a Game album. Wasn't feeling the beats very much. Glad I didn't buy this album, as I didn't buy L.A.X. I'll stick to doccumentary and D.A.

Mista I agree 100%.  I tried hard but only found 3 songs good.

All the hype and shit are why people are dick riding on it.  Any true Game fan honestly would know this is shit.

polepositon

« Reply #323 on: September 09, 2011, 01:48:41 PM »
this album is garbage. only song that is good is martians/goblins. wtf was this nigga thinking.

h2k4

« Reply #324 on: September 09, 2011, 11:09:11 PM »
So it's been 2 weeks and this cd has grown on me since my initial spin.  The Dre interludes are useless, the Jeezy song sucks, as does the Nelly Furtado song.  So does the Drake song.

"All I Know" is cool except for the hook.  The Lloyd song grew on me and so did "Drug Test".

Overall, I think it slightly edges out L.A.X.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #325 on: September 10, 2011, 03:41:16 AM »
Between RED, Purp & Patron, Hangover, Hood Morning, who in rap was fucking with Game's discography for the year of 2011?

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #326 on: September 10, 2011, 05:14:48 AM »

Mista I agree 100%.  I tried hard but only found 3 songs good.

All the hype and shit are why people are dick riding on it.  Any true Game fan honestly would know this is shit.

LOL at hype. I mean yeah there's alot of "hype" around R.E.D. huh? SMH

You do know that people have different opinions just because you expect another DOC or DA doesn't mean other people can't enjoy it or even dislike it like you. By you saying "Any true Game fan honestly would know this is shit" it's obvious that one of the reasons you don't like it is because it doesn't sound like DA or DOC, so you want him to follow a pattern which usually is what westcoast fans do and probably why westcoast isn't succeeding.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:17:54 AM by PhunkyDoob »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #327 on: September 10, 2011, 11:00:20 AM »
Between RED, Purp & Patron, Hangover, Hood Morning, who in rap was fucking with Game's discography for the year of 2011?

Basically anyone in rap not putting out mediocre mixtapes. Don't get me wrong, there's a few heaters on each. But as a whole, every one of those projects is weak. Game has spent way too much time this year making southern tracks, pop tracks, and having wack features. He has zero direction. I love songs like The City where he not only makes a great song but brings in a great future. But for every good song he has made this year, there's two wackass ones. For every great feature like Kendrick Lamar, there's 3 Lil Wayne/Gucci Mane/T-Pain collabs. I mean seriously?

polepositon

« Reply #328 on: September 10, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »
im rtacctin some of the things ive said. number three is banging,

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #329 on: September 26, 2011, 03:32:06 PM »
Album starts strong. But after about seven or eight songs the album completely nose dives in quality. Reminds me of one of snoops bloated mixed bag albums where the artist just crams as much material as he can because he has no vision for the album. The throw everything and see what sticks technique. While the album has some definite great songs, it also has a lot of wack ones. I think after lax and red now back to back it's safe to say game has no direction as an artist and needs someone to hold his hand and shape the album. Otherwise he's just going to be like snoop continually releasing disjointed messes