Poll

Which side do you support? XXL Or The Source

The Source
3 (10.3%)
XXL
26 (89.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: The Source vs. XXL  (Read 380 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:The Source vs. XXL
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2003, 10:23:38 PM »
I'll buy both of them if any of my favorite artists are featured in them.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

S.G.V.

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2003, 10:49:56 PM »
i dont like the source...or xxl...but to me xxl is still amateur...they dont got anything really interesting to me...id still read the source...cuz at least they feature peeps like Paul Wall, Chamillion, Haystak, Sly Boogie, Dr Stank, Damani..etc...from time to time...XXL has a bunch of writers who just talk alotta shit...

but fuck both of em...as ive said before...Murder Dog is the wave of the future...

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2003, 06:31:15 AM »
I ain't buyin' The Sauce anymore in the light of the recent events... Just XXL. But only if it has somethin' interesting in it. (And most of the time both magz have at least one feature I'm interested in, but not every time.)

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2003, 11:44:08 AM »
i dont like the source...or xxl...but to me xxl is still amateur...they dont got anything really interesting to me...id still read the source...cuz at least they feature peeps like Paul Wall, Chamillion, Haystak, Sly Boogie, Dr Stank, Damani..etc...from time to time...XXL has a bunch of writers who just talk alotta shit...

but fuck both of em...as ive said before...Murder Dog is the wave of the future...
than how did u feel when the wave of the future magazine had your boy nas on the cover

S.G.V.

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2003, 11:50:16 AM »

than how did u feel when the wave of the future magazine had your boy nas on the cover
see thats the beauty...they always have like two or three different covers...so i never seen it...

PLANT

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2003, 11:50:34 AM »
I voted for the source.  Ive been buying those issues for years.  I prolly got at least 50 issues of the source.  Structure wise, its a better mag than XXL.  They get better interviews and better info.  But lately I havnt baught an Issue since the power 30, and I really fucking hate Benzino.  I guess the only reason I voted for the source is becuase Ive only baught 4 or 5 issues of XXL and it wouldnt be fair to vote XXL.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2003, 12:16:55 PM »
No magazine is touching The Source '92-'96. That's when I collected them religiously.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2003, 04:54:35 PM »
No magazine is touching The Source '92-'96. That's when I collected them religiously.

I agree with that...since then, they keep steadily falling off.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2003, 05:05:49 PM »
They were still pretty good going into '99, then it really started to fall off.

Oct '98 is a classic issue.

AlAndalus aka Hispanic

• 'G'
  • Back To Al Andalus
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2003, 02:27:21 AM »
Im also down with XXL.

The Source is just a waste of time to read.

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2003, 04:38:07 AM »
I buy The Source, XXL & sometimes Rap US (french magazine) but I see ppl here on the forum are into Murder Dogg & Rime Magazine but I wish I could get it here in Belgium to, its sad that its not availble in Belgium, or does anyone know where I can subscribe to these magazine that ships to Belgium?
40oz Graphire