Author Topic: Superbowl thread  (Read 2467 times)

Lunatic

Re: Superbowl thread
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 08:40:27 PM »
I knew the Giants would win and the game would go just like this.

I don't take it as far as Shallow but I agree Brady is overrated. The safety, you just can't allow that to happen - no if's, and's or but's, point blank period. Pats dropped some catches but that happens too. I don't think Brady made ONE great throw. Most of the Pats big plays on offense were check downs that gained yards after the catch. Also, on Brady's INT -- Was that on 3rd down? If not, it was a pretty bad throw.

The Giants pass rush did what I thought it would. They quietly had a good game. They didn't sack Brady often but they pressured him and limited the offense. Brady did about as good as his OL allowed him too.

I hate Belicheck and the Patriots also so I'm glad the Giants won. I think Coughlin is a great coach and I love JPP. What a beast of a player! Tuck had a better game though. Eli is a cool cat in my books also.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 08:44:13 PM »
giants!@!!@@!

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 09:44:04 PM »
^ I would diss you for having two favorite NFL teams in the same state, but since I'm so happy about the Pats losing I'll celebrate the win with you.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 09:48:33 PM »
crack wilson how was modonnas performane fairy nfl  :-X

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 09:53:14 PM »

i wouldn't know, me and my boys threw in the Superbowl episode of the Man Show during half time  8)

adam and jimmy = winning combination

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 02:40:49 AM »

i wouldn't know, me and my boys threw in the Superbowl episode of the Man Show during half time  8)

adam and jimmy = winning combination
never checked that show is it any good  ??? horrible performance bitch looked like she was in slow motion lol anyway go toronto arguonots  8)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 03:09:41 AM »
the Man Show is one of the funniest shows of all time  8)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 04:38:56 AM »

If somehow Eli could make those dropped passes caught i doubt he would make a diff

No, but here's what Eli would do, like he did with the Manningham throw; throw the ball so that the WR doesn't have to change his position completely. Welker jumped nd turned around and had the ball been placed at the chest or on the side his arms were on upon te turn it would have been a complete drop by Welker if he didn't catch it, but since Tom Terrific threw it ou and away and Welker had to adjust in a split second the drop percentage goes way up. Just because Welker has saved a bunch of bad Brady throws over the last few tears doesn't mean it's his fault when he can't do it every time.

Also, on Brady's INT -- Was that on 3rd down? If not, it was a pretty bad throw.

I think it was on 1st down. If it were 3rd and very long then it's actually a very good decision because it's better than a punt would be. But it wasn't 3rd. It was Brady.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 10:48:31 AM »
I can't even talk on this retardedness I read.

Way to go Wes Welker.

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 10:55:18 AM »
I think it was on 1st down. If it were 3rd and very long then it's actually a very good decision because it's better than a punt would be. But it wasn't 3rd. It was Brady.
That's why I asked. If it's 3rd down, It's alright 'cause it was basically a punt LOL. But 1st down? Ouch
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 11:10:49 AM »
I come here to simply say this. Bill Belichick is overrated since Spygate. His coaching is what I'm blaming the Patriots losing this game on.

If you have ever played at any level of the game, from Pee-Wee to NFL... rule number 1, Never, never, never let the other team score. Belichick tried to pull something that only works on Madden, let the other team score so you get the ball sooner... that completely fucked up his team. You stop them, force a field goal and then get the ball back and try to get to field goal range to win. You do NOT let a team score 6 points, ever. Bill Belichick is overrated and spy gate exposed him. He let the Giants score so they can get the ball back and it back fired. You hope they get three and then you get three, because it's easier to get into field goal range than it is to score a touch down.

I am happy with the results. Eli Manning has to be looked at as a great QB of his era, better than his brother, well lets not get carried away. The Colts are a playoff team in the Super Bowl hunt with Peyton, 2-14 and crumbling without him. That's HUGE. Brady gets hurt, Matt Cassell holds down the fort for a year. Eli's history is still being written, but Brady and Peyton's is solidified, both are HoF QB's, I think Brady is overrated, but then again it's hard to throw that many yards, I don't care how much your coach cheats.
Youre forgetting that new englands d was way better when cassell was doing all his "magic" that yr.  Giants have a great d and great wrs.  People wanna blame belicheck and brady, but what can you do when your receivers are dropping balls?
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 11:14:31 AM »
^Thank you. Wes Welker to win the game. Branch on first play of the next possession, over the middle that was going for at least 40 yards. Hernandez ON THE NEXT PLAY & hit him in the chest.

Three throws in a row for dropped passes. It's not even fair.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 12:35:00 PM »
I come here to simply say this. Bill Belichick is overrated since Spygate. His coaching is what I'm blaming the Patriots losing this game on.

If you have ever played at any level of the game, from Pee-Wee to NFL... rule number 1, Never, never, never let the other team score. Belichick tried to pull something that only works on Madden, let the other team score so you get the ball sooner... that completely fucked up his team. You stop them, force a field goal and then get the ball back and try to get to field goal range to win. You do NOT let a team score 6 points, ever. Bill Belichick is overrated and spy gate exposed him. He let the Giants score so they can get the ball back and it back fired. You hope they get three and then you get three, because it's easier to get into field goal range than it is to score a touch down.

I am happy with the results. Eli Manning has to be looked at as a great QB of his era, better than his brother, well lets not get carried away. The Colts are a playoff team in the Super Bowl hunt with Peyton, 2-14 and crumbling without him. That's HUGE. Brady gets hurt, Matt Cassell holds down the fort for a year. Eli's history is still being written, but Brady and Peyton's is solidified, both are HoF QB's, I think Brady is overrated, but then again it's hard to throw that many yards, I don't care how much your coach cheats.
Youre forgetting that new englands d was way better when cassell was doing all his "magic" that yr.  Giants have a great d and great wrs.  People wanna blame belicheck and brady, but what can you do when your receivers are dropping balls?

What can you do when WRs are dropping balls? How about by not throwing an intentional grounding pass on your first offensive play of the game from the endzone? Maybe you could try not throwing a punt on first down when you're team is driving with the lead? Whether or not you should let the team score is debatable. I'm usually for it because 1 minute with 1 timeout to get a TD is a better shot for me than 20 seconds and no timeouts to get into FG range or hope the other team misses the chip shot.

Balls get dropped all the time, and QBs mis-throw the ball all the time, but the greatest player at his position in a sport does not make two game costing bonehead decisions in the same game in the Championship, and that's the main reason he shouldn't be in the discussion. Both the safety and the INT were just plain stupid and if either decision isn't made the Pats may have won, if both weren't made the Pats would have won. In the safety all he had to do was continue outside the pocket and throw it down the field out of bounds, he went back into the pocket after being under pressure, risking a sack, and instead lofts it to no one for the penalty. The INT on 1st down after the team was moving the ball was even more idiotic. He had time to think and decided to throw a punt to a guy that was held out of practice all week with a bad ankle hoping it was Randy Moss in 07. The under-throw is forgivable, the decision to throw, especially under the circumstances, is not.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2012, 01:10:39 PM »
Bottom line - a healthy gronk gets the pats another score at some point during that game and a win, so says common sense at least but u never know.  Also, a healthy gronk gets that int in a jump ball scenario and its a completion not a turnover.  The safety thing thats on brady, but dropped passes on the potential game winning drive is not on brady, and to act like brady lost that game is just not true.  Can u imagine the giants' performance without their number one reciever?  Exactly.

Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

rayallen0

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2012, 01:23:15 PM »

If somehow Eli could make those dropped passes caught i doubt he would make a diff

No, but here's what Eli would do, like he did with the Manningham throw; throw the ball so that the WR doesn't have to change his position completely. Welker jumped nd turned around and had the ball been placed at the chest or on the side his arms were on upon te turn it would have been a complete drop by Welker if he didn't catch it, but since Tom Terrific threw it ou and away and Welker had to adjust in a split second the drop percentage goes way up. Just because Welker has saved a bunch of bad Brady throws over the last few tears doesn't mean it's his fault when he can't do it every time.

you understand if eli tried to throw it into his chest it would be intercepted as he was covered. that was an easy catch and any #2 receiver should be able to catch it. much less a #1 pro bowl receiver. you hate brady get over it. not sure if gisele bundchen was your girl and he stole her or what but geeze that's some irrational hate.