Author Topic: Superbowl thread  (Read 2469 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: Superbowl thread
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2012, 08:10:03 PM »
 ::)

Points isn't how they determine defensive rank and you know it.

rayallen0

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2012, 09:41:25 PM »
Because we all know Peyton manning has never made mistakes in the playoffs. Or never thrown an interception in the superbowl. Oh wait, he has.Maybe that's why when you take out the one superbowl he was labelled a choke artist in the playoffs.

Of course he does, and when he does everyone blames Manning, because he's supposed to be the best. When you're the best you get the blame. The fact that Brady gets excuses made for him tells me what he really is. Just another great player that needs great players to make great plays for him. Brady is a great player who plays great. So is Eli, and Ben, and Drew. Peyton is simply the best player who plays the best. Unfortunately if all he plays is great his team still loses 9 out of 10 times, and if he plays not so great or poorly his team gets blown out 9 out of 10 times. The last two AFC Championship games Brady played in he threw for 209 yards 2 TDs and 3INTs with no ball going more than 18 yards against SD, and 239 yards no TDs and 2 INTs (with 2 more called back on penalties, and no ball more than 23 yards and Tommy boy wins both games and his team bails him out 9 out of 10 times.

And the one year Peyton's team bails him out in the playoffs he wins it all. So I say again, give Peyton a team that can bail him out when he has a less than great game and then we'll see some rings. Because right now of the 8 seasons Manning lost in the playoffs there are 5 or 6 times where he played as well or better than the opposing QB and the Colts lost the game, and despite 2 point something yards a carry on runs, and 1 point something seconds time in the pocket to pass the ball, and a defense that continuously lets up close to 200 rush yards per game and 8 minute drives, a lot of these losses were pretty close.

If that happens to Brady most people say "How can you expect Brady to win under those conditions". No one says that for Manning, and rightly so, just as long as they understand exactly how much better than Brady Manning really is.

Like I said, if Manning ends up with the Cheifs, Bears or Ravens, or a team like them next year and they don't win it all, I'll take it all back.
Maybe cuz Brady has 3 rings?  ???

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2012, 04:32:00 AM »
::)

Points isn't how they determine defensive rank and you know it.

Points determine who wins games though.

For example in 2009 the Colts defense let up 400 yards against the Dolphins who had the ball for over 45 minutes in that game. With under 15 minutes and a defense that lost the yard battle, the Colts won 27-23.

Obviously with Brady the Colts lose that game by two scores and everyone but Brady gets blamed, but with the real greatest player in the game right now you win because you put up more points than your defense let up, even though you couldn't produce as many yards as your defense let up.

It's very common for a team to win wit their defense losing the yards battle, not so much when they lose the points battle.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:44:00 AM by Shallow »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2012, 08:01:50 AM »
Let me quote Gisele. "My husband can't catch the fucking passes he throws".

Dropped passes fuck QB's. Ask Rodgers.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2012, 08:25:50 AM »
Brady needs to keep that bitch in line.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2012, 08:49:46 AM »
Let me quote Gisele. "My husband can't catch the fucking passes he throws".

Dropped passes fuck QB's. Ask Rodgers.

But he can throw the ball better. On the last drive he had Branch in stride on the first play and he made him change direction to try and catch it behind him. And that INT and safety speaks for it self.

I never blamed Garcon for dropping that pass in the Indy SB loss. Peyton did have one vital bad decision on a 3rd and 11 and it may have made a difference. The pick 6 wouldn't have mattered in my opinion because best case scenario is it becomes a tie game with NO just needing to get into FG range.

The fact that you can make excuses for the guy tells me he isn't the best ever. No one ever said Pippen really let down MJ in those years that the Bulls didn't win the titles.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2012, 09:35:21 AM »
You didn't blame Garcon, you sat here for months & blamed Reggie Wayne for not making a play on an awful decision.

Like I said, all these "physically impossible" catches Brady set his WR's in are caught weekly by everyone & don't even make the top plays.

Peyton is known for that back shoulder pass. From experience playing, it's 100 times harder to make that catch than twisting your body around. You have to spin & completely take your eye off the ball & by the time you turn back around the ball is in your face & you have to catch it. Shit like Wes Welker, he has full control of his body, son is a professional athlete. You learn how to contort your body at the age of seven. He saw the ball the whole way, the ball hit him in BOTH his hands & he dropped it.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen Dallas Clark make some insane play for Peyton that they throw on ESPN weekly.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2012, 09:36:42 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what was your excuse if Wes catches that ball & the Pats run the clock out & walk away with a ring? Because don't sit here & say you were giving Brady credit for shit.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2012, 09:42:52 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what was your excuse if Wes catches that ball & the Pats run the clock out & walk away with a ring? Because don't sit here & say you were giving Brady credit for shit.

LOL.  I love football, but some of our fans are so damned biased its ridiculous.  ESPN doesnt help.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2012, 09:45:59 AM »

LOL.  I love football, but some of our fans are so damned biased its ridiculous.  ESPN doesnt help.

Tell me about it. You got guys like Skip Bayless blaming Brady for the loss & Eric Mangini, an actual professional, unbiased, who knows the game better than anyone at the network just looks at him like, "What the fuck is wrong with you?".

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2012, 02:33:51 PM »
No one is blaming Brady for the loss, not me anyway. Just don't call him the best ever. His level of play in Sunday's game wasn't any worse than any of his last 3 SB wins or last SB loss. I never blamed Brady for a Pats loss, just like I never gave him credit for a Pats win.

Eli did not play at a higher level than Brady in this or the last SB they played against each other in. In fact one team didn't even outplay other in either. It was two evenly matched a the ball bounced one way instead of the other.

That game I mentioned earlier with the Colts vs the Phins in 09 is an example of one team completely dominating the other but one fucking guy made all the difference. The Colts had no business even being close in that game. The same gores for the 05 playoff game against the Steelers. But pure excellence at the QB position made the difference.

I've never really seen Brady put a team on his back. Everything around him has to go right and a lot of guys have to make big plays. If the o-line breaks down they lose, if the WRs drop mis-thrown balls they lose. But Bady never gets any blame. Nor should he. He is what he is; Terry Bradshaw part 2. A decent guy to have that won't lose the game for you.

Peyton the kind of guy that takes a team on his back. That drop by Blair white last year against the Jets was way more catch-able than the Welker throw but no one said shit other than Peyton loses again.

And again for the record, that INT WAS WAS WAS Reggie's fault. Peyton is getting blitzed, he can't see anything, but the play was called to his #1 on a hitch route and Reggie Wayne made a decision, not a mistake, a decision to give up on the play. He knew it was a blitz and he saw Porter sitting on the route, and all he did was hope that Peyton saw it too and decided to run the route anyway. Wayne decides to not try and make a play on the sitting DB and that cost them a pick. He easily could have went for grab and caused a an offensive pass INT. There was no beating the fact that the Saints guessed on the play and guessed right. I'm not expect Reggie to notice the sit and call for a corner route by raising his left hand. That would have put him in the hall of fame on its own merit. But when you realize it's a blitz and the other team guessed your route and your number is called you have to make the attempt. There was absolutely no point in motioning your hands as is you're going to catch the ball and I can't imagine a play as common as that by the Colts isn't practiced with the possibility that the corner jumps the route.

If you want me to call you a hall o fame #1 WR you have to play like one. Sterling Sharpe was the first guy to call Reggie's play in that game soft. But I don't fault Reggie for not holding onto the ball on the next drive because that was a simple mistake on a type of play Reggie was never signed tio make. he's no a physical WR he's a route runner, and as a route runner he has to know when the guy on him is guessing on the route. I never expected him to catch the ball, and if he attempted an offensive pass interference and failed I'd give him all the credit for trying. But he didn't even fucking try. He just assumed Peyton knew better. Maybe that's Peyton's fault for playing at a level so high for so long his supporting cast expects too much from him.

Of course all this is BS because even if the Colts score the Saints still win by at least 3 on the next drive.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2012, 06:00:09 PM »
Points can be given up by the offense, special teams and turnovers by the offense in their own end that lead to automatic points by the the other team. That's why defensive ranking isn't determined by points. You know this, youre just playing dumb.

The fact that your even debating that the colts have had a d anywhere near as bad as the pats just exposes your bias even more.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2012, 06:33:42 PM »
all i know is I've seen 3 Manning brothers hoist the Lombardi trophy since I last saw Tom Bieber win one

In the last ten years, Brady has made has made it to the Superbowl one more time than both of them lmao.

i don't congratulate on losing SBs

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2012, 08:28:13 PM »
Points can be given up by the offense, special teams and turnovers by the offense in their own end that lead to automatic points by the the other team. That's why defensive ranking isn't determined by points. You know this, youre just playing dumb.

The fact that your even debating that the colts have had a d anywhere near as bad as the pats just exposes your bias even more.

Points allowed and points allowed by defense are separate categories completely. What the yards argument doesn't take into play is that in a lot of games this season the Pats had huge early leads on teams and then the prevent defense allowed a lot of pass yards to teams playing catch up. Notice how both the Packers and Pats and ranked last and second last in total defense, and pass defense, but both are in the top 15 for rush defense.

The fact is the Pats were top ten ranked team in fumbles caused and recovered, a top 5 3rd percentage defense, and a top 15 scoring defense. They also make the top half in sacks (while the Colts are in the bottom 3), and are at the top in interceptions. To say no Colts defense is even close to as bad as that is a joke.

And you don't think offense and special teams can effect yards by a defense? Every 20 to 30 yard punt or kickoff return can really help a bad defense look better in the eyes of the stats.

And the bottom line is come playoff time they were just as good as anybody else. And both defenses played pretty close to each other in the Superbowl. The difference is that the Pats offense had a QB that gave the other team the ball twice and the Giants offense had a QB that gave the other team the ball zero times.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2012, 09:50:27 PM »
Turnovers are a very poor measuring stick of a defense. More sensationist journalism shallow? Turnovers veer radically game to game season to season. How many times do defenders drop gimme interceptions? They are a random stat that have nothing to do with anything really. Yes, certain qbs throw more because they take more risks but Tom Brady isn't one of them. Eli should have been picked off at least three times by sf.But fumbles? Really shallow? Like that's a star that should be a measuring stick of a defense? Rofl. And you say I don't know football and your bring up fumble stats. Give me a break.What's next are you going to tell me whichever DBS have the highest interceptions are the best DBS in the season? Because sury by your logic interceptions are the measuring stick.

The pats were playing with scrubs in the secondary, fourth and fifth string safeties most of the season. They stunk. The reason the pats were in the top 15 in rush defense is because that's their only strength. Vince wilfork sees to that, he's a top three nose tackle in the league.