Author Topic: Just bumped Doctor's Advocate.  (Read 1203 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Just bumped Doctor's Advocate.
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 05:11:00 PM »
I still bump The Documentary.  Game is kind of the last mainstream West Coast artist we've had.   Maybe it's time I dust off Doctor's Advocate and take a trip down memory lane with it.  Honestly I haven't bumped that one since the year it came out but I do remember thinking it was dope.

now theres gay west coast main stream artists like tyga that make game sound like a lyrical genius..

lol Tyga ain't any worse at rapping than Game, he just chooses to make bullshit songs.

This to me is better than Game's namedropping:

Game has way better mic presence/flow than Tyga..

Game has better mic presence than a lot of rappers. He'd still ruin this song with his lyrics though.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:44:02 PM by BG Rapsodie »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 10:10:36 PM »

i thought u were from iowa

I'm from KC, but KC is trash, I grew up on that West Coast shit and that's what I rep.  Also lived there for a year in 02' and 03' and gone back for visits in 09' and 11'.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 12:13:33 AM »
TDA = Best hip-hop album of the 00's.

Bungalow

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 01:09:28 AM »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 03:21:21 AM »
some dope tracks on DA but doesn't cone close to documentary

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 10:10:05 AM »

I didn't want to turn this into a Game bashing but no lmao. It wasn't even the best WEST COAST Hip Hop album of the 00's lol.

But getting back on track, it was just a nice surprise after I basically completely forgot about this album lol. Also crazy that this sound sold over a mill just six years ago.

bouli77

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 12:05:17 PM »

i thought u were from iowa

I'm from KC, but KC is trash, I grew up on that West Coast shit and that's what I rep.  Also lived there for a year in 02' and 03' and gone back for visits in 09' and 11'.

Rich the Factor, Bohn, Tech N9ne are the shit !!! KC has dope artists for sure

jman91331

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 04:44:58 PM »
The album was cool. It was dope beat wise but lyrically it was kinda cliche & boring. It's evident when the featured artists killed him on his own shit. Plus those Dr. Dre impersonations was a bit much. I remember talkin about the album at work when it came out & one of my co-workers said he likes the track he has on there with Dre. That's when I knew he was doing too much with that. & The Documentary shits all over Doctor's Advocate & sets up his trend of gettin wacker every album. Not a wack album but not the best album of 00's like some are saying, not by far.

Deuce-Deuce

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 01:07:27 AM »
prefer DA over the documentary, the first two tracks are just legendary.
Kinda hopin he would do that diary of compton album for his last,  would be like a DA part 2, guess not tho
Fuck that club shit
I'm on that Dub shit

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 11:39:47 AM »
game's dope as a gangsta rapper basically, when he tries to reach for the mainstream crowd thats when you see him fall. If he did that DOC album i think it could return to some of his old form because of the concept of a whole day in compton or whatever it was. Wouldn't appeal to the masses but the early game fans would love it. Probably would be dope with great production

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 12:07:58 PM »
prefer DA over the documentary, the first two tracks are just legendary.
I still think that "Lookin At You" is a Dre track or Dre-influenced somehow.  That beat is so detailed... one of the best I've heard in ages... sicc